PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortensen: Rodney Harrison to be suspended 4 games for Human Growth Hormone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if it was prescribed by a practicing physician, not by the NFLer himself.

Sure and again, I'm not excusing Rodney for breaking the existing law, but why the ban on the HGH and why the stigma as some performance booster?

What are you going to do about it? - Obviously nothing here punk like in real life. .Heres a suggestion jerk - STFU! - POS
As I figured, you can dish it out :

"Next time guys on here who bash . . . should just STFU"

But you can't take it.

As I figured, you can dish it out :

"Next time guys on here who bash . . . should just STFU"

But you can't take it.

Who asked you for your opinion which has proven on here to be worthless most times - You Must be Aqua4ever04's brother,say hi to Travis for me.

Someone posted earlier that this is Vince McMahon's fault and I tend to agree with that in theory. WWE has been building bigger, better wrestlers for a long time now and it was widely known that those boys were on steroids and HGH and management did not care so long an amazing product was on display to bring in the paying customers. I saw the article that 10 wrestlers were going to be suspended, but WWE refused to release names???? Does this strike anyone else as odd? Rodney is the sacrificial lamb for HGH, but these wrestlers with heads larger than watermelons are being protected.

That's a straw man argument. You made a false statement about HGH. Also, just because Rodney says it took it for this period and for this long, doesn't mean it's true.

My point is that HGH has a direct relation to muscle growth and your statement to the contrary is false.
It's hardly a strawman when I ask you for anectodal evidence to support your assertion that HGH has a direct realtion to muscle growth, now is it? So again, does Rodney look like he's gotten bigger or is more ripped?

Why? I don't disagree with a single word in his post, except for one claim ...that it's difficult to detect because it's naturally occurring. It's difficult to detect because it's naturally occurring and has an extremely short half-life in the human body (i.e. you can't detect a surge in natural levels above what's normally there unless you do the blood test less than an hour after the HGH has been injected). But that's a pretty minor point. Seriously, it's got a half-life of something like 45 minutes to an hour, if I remember right. Good luck testing for anything with that short of a half-life.

Is there a list anywhere on a website where you can see what drugs are actually illegal to take in terms of helping a joint or ligament for the NFLs policy?

patsfans.com said:
This message is hidden because PATRIOT64 is on your ignore list.
Ah, life is more pleasant now.

I believe HGH is used to heal faster, which would make sense in Rodney's case, considering his 2 horrific injuries.

Who asked you for your opinion which has proven on here to be worthless most times - You Must be Aqua4ever04's brother,say hi to Travis for me.
What farcking board are you reading to think his posts are "proven" worthless most times? Disagreeing with anybody is fine and dandy, but come on... you can't be comparing BF to a Phin troll and hope to maintain any type of credibility here.

It's hardly a strawman when I ask you for anectodal evidence to support your assertion that HGH has a direct realtion to muscle growth, now is it? So again, does Rodney look like he's gotten bigger or is more ripped?

lol
That's your response to my statement? I make a medical statement that I can back up and you respond that my statement is an assertion that needs support by anectodal evidence? Do you know what that means? I seriously doubt it... You think hearsay is stronger evidence than medical evidence? Don't make me laugh with that one. anectodal evidence is hearsay... that's what it means. How you do know that Rodney hasn't taken some form of steroid forever? I can back my statement while punching holes through yours all day long.

Did you measure his muscle mass? How much extra mass does he need for you to be convinced? How big was he before he started using? How do you know he wasn't lying? I can do this all day. Give up the debate. You've already lost. lol

Just to play along... I'll say yes. Prove that I'm wrong and you're right. lol

Last edited:
Thanks Dude...or Dudette if appropriate ;)

It would have been more helpful if the NFL's reasons for these substances being on the list were explained. And I am a chick, so dudette is appropriate.

What farcking board are you reading to think his posts are "proven" worthless most times? Disagreeing with anybody is fine and dandy, but come on... you can't be comparing BF to a Phin troll and hope to maintain any type of credibility here.

I just don't care for him,thats all

We've had some issues in the past and I think hes a jacka-s

But thats MY opinion,not yours or anyone elses which is no big deal with me,its your choice of who you think is worthy and who isn't

Everybody can't agree with liking or disliking a fellow poster..Thats just the way it is.

I am sure you have some guys that are not too crazy for you either I am sure just like anyone in here,I don't think any member is 100% respected by all at patsfans or in any forum.

Is there a list anywhere on a website where you can see what drugs are actually illegal to take in terms of helping a joint or ligament for the NFLs policy?
Yea there is. Looking...

It would have been more helpful if the NFL's reasons for these substances being on the list were explained. And I am a chick, so dudette is appropriate.

Glad I added the tte ;)

I guess we should be happy the substances were even posted there.

Last edited:
lol
That's your response to my statement? I make a medical statement that I can back up and you respond that my statement is an assertion that needs support by anectodal evidence? Do you know what that means? I seriously doubt it... You think hearsay is stronger evidence than medical evidence? Don't make me laugh with that one. anectodal evidence is hearsay... that's what it means. How you do know that Rodney hasn't taken some form of steroid forever? Don't make me laugh. I can back my statement while punching holes through yours all day long.

Did you measure his muscle mass? How much extra mass does he need for you to be convinced? How bigh was he before he started using? How do you know he wasn't lying? I can do this all day because you don't have anything to respond with except hearsay.

Well, you're free to chest thump all you want, but neither you nor I can argue "medical evidence" given that neither you nor I know precisely what it is that Rodney took other than that it's some form of HGH. But again, to get back to my question, does Rodney look bigger or more ripped? You can try to dance around this question all you want, but if players take some form of HGH, whatever that form actually might be, why is it classified as a performance enhancer and thus banned when they're taking it to speed recovery from serious injury as was the case with Rodney?

lJust to play along... I'll say yes. Prove that I'm wrong and you're right. lol

Whatever man, but that's quite childish. And I'm addressing this here because you edited the above into your post as I was typing my reply to you.

Well, you're free to chest thump all you want, but neither you nor I can argue "medical evidence" given that neither you nor I know precisely what it is that Rodney took other than that it's some form of HGH. But again, to get back to my question, does Rodney look bigger or more ripped? You can try to dance around this question all you want, but if players take some form of HGH, whatever that form actually might be, why is it classified as a performance enhancer and thus banned when they're taking it to speed recovery from serious injury as was the case with Rodney?

Reread my statement. I said yes just for this argument (on edit to this, just saw the second response). Prove I'm wrong? I played along with you, don't back away now. I think it's fairly safe to say that you know nothing about HGH and you're just making excuses. How many forms of HGH do you think there are? Hint, you can count them on one hand. Frankly, I don't have a problem with him taking it but I'm laughing when you say it's just to speed recovery. Answer this, why is recovery time important in muscle growth?

I recommend you read about what you're sure I know nothing about. Once you learn how many forms of HGH there are, tell me, what is IGF-I and what is its role? When you're done that, tell me how that affects myoblasts. When you're done that, tell me whether HGH has anything to do with IGF-I and finally, tell me after that, whether HGH has anything to do with muscle growth. lol

On second edit. The other thing that you're failing to realize is that you can get stronger without the huge muscle size increase you see from steriod use. Steriods increase the size of the muscle fiber cells through a process called hyperthropy. They swell the size of the cells. HGH increases the number of muscle fibers through the process I previously described. The results on bulk are different. You will not see inflated muscle bult like you see with steriod use but you will see an increase in strength. Size of muscle does not automatically equate to strength.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back