PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mort: Goodell orders Patriots to turn over all tape/notes, more penalties possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mort: Goodell orders Patriots to turn over all tape/notes, more penalties possibl

I haven't read all the posts...but I think Kraft should get a lawyer and stop Goodell from taking his franchise down!! Take it to the courts...and if Goodell continues to sanction...get a restraining order...F**K Goodell and his power hungry trip..tie it up in the courts..so he can not continue to screw the franchise under the guidance of Polian and Fisher...that simple..Al Davis stood up to the NFL...now it's time for Kraft too...And I do not care if HE is his friend...lots of good THAT is doing..This is war with an out of the control commissioner!! Rime to bring him down...and HARD!!

Re: Mort: Goodell orders Patriots to turn over all tape/notes, more penalties possibl

If the NFL does pursue to review = investigate the Patriots, then fine, let them! Let's see if we really did cheat and gain an advantage. I for one think we are in the clear, but I would feel alot better with a full investigation and the NFL coming out and clearing the Pats and therefore slamming the case shut on all things now tainted with our championships.

Why are we so upset if we think we have nothing to hide?

As Gov John Connelly advised Nixon so long ago, "burn the tapes"

I think a re-reading of the Commissioner's statement shows that we should have expected this. I suspect Kraft knew it was coming.

Last edited:

Home opener and the Krafts, front office, coaching staff and the team has now gotta deal with this. Someone really wants to stick it to us. The win tonight will be a nice start in giving Goodell and his henchmen a nice big F U!

Casserly referred to it but just in terms of getting rid of Belichick's video library vs. finding new stuff.

It is unclear exactly when, but it would seem to be on Friday; so yes, after the statement.

here's the AP link: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2007/09/15/belichick_looks_to_move_past_spy_scandal/?page=2

Then the Pats can say after reading that statement, they destroyed everything so they wouldn't be tempted to use it.

I really hope this is adding to the TACKLIN FUEL. Gee, It's funny this comes out today, before the Chargers game. That in itself, should create a fine mixture of TACKLIN FUEL and Butt Kickery, may I have mine with the koolade flavoring.

If the NFL does pursue to review = investigate the Patriots, then fine, let them! Let's see if we really did cheat and gain an advantage. I for one think we are in the clear, but I would feel alot better with a full investigation and the NFL coming out and clearing the Pats and therefore slamming the case shut on all things now tainted with our championships.

What makes you think there is a fair arbiter in this mess? The competition committee who will be conducting the investigation is run by Polian and Fisher. This is a show trial.

Because I think most people realize that such matters are not conducted according to scientific procedures. This isn't like taking a breathalyzer test; it would be a long and slow examination complete with lies, leaks, rumors, and distractions of the worst and highest order. It would be a "fact-finding" mission, which would really be an excuse to create the significance of said facts. No one here believes that this would be quick and easy--I suspect.

It's now official: Charlie Casserly has a serious sexual problem!!! He's a repressed pervert in denial. There must be tapes. Where are the tapes? :enranged: :scared: :blahblah:

Last edited:

Casserly referred to it but just in terms of getting rid of Belichick's video library vs. finding new stuff.

They don''t have a right to do that. Where is the fairness in that? Why should every team still have theirs while ours is taken away.

Why would the Patriots give them anything? BB should just say, "sorry, we destroy everything after each season. It is what it is". By the wayy Goodell...Go FU(K yourself!

They don''t have a right to do that. Where is the fairness in that? Why should every team still have theirs while ours is taken away.

Let 'em have the tapes.
But please, please, please coach, don't have anything that would implicate the team in any way of somehow being able to use a sideline video in the game being taped.:eek:

I listened to Mortensen on ESPNradio this morning and he spoke of the NFL wanting the tapes. He also suggested that BB could be kicked out of the league if he does not turn over the tapes. WTF?

Later, when asked if other teams do it, instead of answering the question he started talking about radio frequencies and how the team has an extra freq. going to the QB. WTF?

Then he discussed how arrogant the Pats and BB were and how there are similarities to Barry Bonds. WTF? Bonds is rude to the media, and fans, BB just refuses to give the media any ammo.

Enough is enough. Why the witchhunt? We win, we don't rub other teams noses in it. We don't have Pioli hollering at our players to break the opposing QB's leg. We don't whine for rule changes when we lose.

Silver lining, this is the exact motivator that this team needs.

The way this is escalating reminds me of the Atlanta Falcons / Mike Vick situation. The info leaked out slowly at first and over time it became a bigger and bigger story. This could end even worse than it already is.

PFT reports that Glazer has the actual tape that was confiscated. I'm this close to being done with the league.

The way this is escalating reminds me of the Atlanta Falcons / Mike Vick situation. The info leaked out slowly at first and over time it became a bigger and bigger story. This could end even worse than it already is.

Not down here in VA :(

But I digress... I still cant believe that they are forcing the focus on this rather then Everett....

RIGHT before a game this important too.. Talk about distracting the players... I seriously hope that they have not seen any of this.... what do you thin the odds are that he asked them to not pay attention to the press befor the game?

I told you this is getting way out of hand, the season that was suppose to be great now, its become a farce....I know no one wants to hear this, and I dont either, but this is Belichick's last season win lose or draw...

Really, no offense, we're all more then capable of drawing up the negatives amongst ourselves. We don't need others to come in and try to add to the pain like that. Are you the type that loves telling people bad news while down ?? Thanks but no thanks, focus on your own problems, like your teams performance last week !!

I told you this is getting way out of hand, the season that was suppose to be great now, its become a farce....I know no one wants to hear this, and I dont either, but this is Belichick's last season win lose or draw...

Agreed :(

What a shame it would be to lose this guy, but I am afraid he might just need to step aside.

Agreed :(

What a shame it would be to lose this guy, but I am afraid he might just need to step aside.

NO, he shouldn't step aside, I don't think a witch hunt should be allowed to cause a great coach to step aside. I think finishing the year by destroying as many teams as we can is the best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes