PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Mod Edit:] Board Issues/Reaction Issues Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this belongs here; but the thread for it is closed already:

I want the Confused reaction returned!

And what does I Need Coffee even mean?!?

Dump the latter, and return the former, thank you...

I see that the Confused reaction has returned, thanks!

Or was it available the whole time, and I just didn't notice it?

Now I'm really confused...

I’m not arguing with you…
Of course not, you never do when I ask a direct question you can't handle.

I’d say you became unbearable after the sacred cow left.
I think you literally believe all 53 on the Patriots roster have all pro potential. Are you pumping up Tre Nixon again this season? Henry and Gesicki could be as good as Kelce (literally going to retire as the GOAT TE). Or my favorite, comparing Thornton to Metcalf. Seriously, be more realistic, there are plenty of genuinely talented players on the roster, so you don't have to exaggerate the talent level, or flat out create it where it doesn't exist.

He'll get you on a technicality. I had a thread open about starting new threads vs just adding new information to an old thread, and he found that one and posted his dislike for the emoji in that one. Since that was irrelevant to that thread, I moved his post (which was essentially a new topic) along with the subsequent responses into its own thread. But he was, essentially, the OP in this discussion.
Thanks for the support :rolleyes:.

Either way why post it publicly if you don't want discussion. He could have messaged one of you guys privately.
But then everyone would have missed out on the wonderful 12 pages that ensued.

I see that the Confused reaction has returned, thanks!

Or was it available the whole time, and I just didn't notice it?

Now I'm really confused...
"Eeek!" and "Look at this!" were the ones that were switched out. Confused never went anywhere.

"I need coffee" is supposed to be the equivalent of "I don't have the energy for this..." or something to that effect - but I needed to limit the characters. ;)

That was just all I had for an idea at the time because I wanted to add the icon to the reaction list. I'm certainly open to anyone who has a better name for it.

"Eeek!" and "Look at this!" were the ones that were switched out. Confused never went anywhere.

"I need coffee" is supposed to be the equivalent of "I don't have the energy for this..." or something to that effect - but I needed to limit the characters. ;)

That was just all I had for an idea at the time because I wanted to add the icon to the reaction list. I'm certainly open to anyone who has a better name for it.

I liked Eeek; it's the reaction I gave whenever someone mentioned Ferentz' chances of making the team again...

I agree with dropping Look at This; don't think I ever used it, even once...

I liked Eeek; it's the reaction I gave whenever someone mentioned Ferentz' chances of making the team again...

I agree with dropping Look at This; don't think I ever used it, even once...
"Eeek" and "Wow" seemed to overlap, which is why I dropped that one. "I'm Excited" is another one that doesn't seem to get much use...so I could swap that one out depending on if there's something else, or if "Eeek" is definitely a keeper. Obviously, I'm fairly flexible when it comes to those.

"Eeek" and "Wow" seemed to overlap, which is why I dropped that one. "I'm Excited" is another one that doesn't seem to get much use...so I could swap that one out depending on if there's something else, or if "Eeek" is definitely a keeper. Obviously, I'm fairly flexible when it comes to those.
A fun option could be a Captain Stone “ThanksDad” emoji that would cover multiple realms of nepotism. Ok on second thought…maybe not.

@captain stone

A fun option could be a Captain Stone “ThanksDad” emoji that would cover multiple realms of nepotism. Ok on second thought…maybe not.
LOL, too funny. But we do need to think of one for the coffee cup reaction... still haven't come up with anything yet.

LOL, too funny. But we do need to think of one for the coffee cup reaction... still haven't come up with anything yet.
I like the coffee cup emoji because I often feel that way. I also think cycling through to new ones once in a while is a good thing :thumbsup:

I like the coffee cup emoji because I often feel that way. I also think cycling through to new ones once in a while is a good thing :thumbsup:
I do to. I like it as a "business as usual " "so & so is flipping out" "nothing to see here" joke.

easy...here ya go, boss...

Why-so-serious_-300x300.jpg

I just knew what you were going to come back with, so I decided to avoid that part of the conversation.
Thank you...?

Lastly, this is a two-way street. You can't argue with me when I ask you to do something and then act surprised when - after a significant amount of patience - I reach a level of irritation where my ability to be nice becomes a little difficult.
I guess we've covered it. I get where you're coming from and I understand it doesn't really matter if I understand or not anyway, which you've also made clear. I suppose I've felt compelled to offer my side of things, which apparently isn't always welcome, so I need to recognize that more (whether I think it's fair or not).

If past interactions with the prior mod tell me anything then it's IBWTers are overly sensitive, persistent complainers who get deferential treatment, which in part makes sense given this is a Patriots fan forum and unfavorable commentary (fair or unfair) about the HC is going to be less popular than for example the ass-kissing excuses being made in the Hopkins thread (he suddenly cannot play anymore...duh). Anyway I think that's still part of what's going on now... appeasing one side over the other because it's the more expeditious action to take.

But you'll have minimal problems from me (regarding the unwanted targeted discussions) from September through January. I can't guarantee I don't get thrown off the site next offseason though if we're coming off another 8 win season. But a lot of people will probably go down with me.

Thank you...?

I guess we've covered it. I get where you're coming from and I understand it doesn't really matter if I understand or not anyway, which you've also made clear. I suppose I've felt compelled to offer my side of things, which apparently isn't always welcome, so I need to recognize that more (whether I think it's fair or not).

If past interactions with the prior mod tell me anything then it's IBWTers are overly sensitive, persistent complainers who get deferential treatment, which in part makes sense given this is a Patriots fan forum and unfavorable commentary (fair or unfair) about the HC is going to be less popular than for example the ass-kissing excuses being made in the Hopkins thread (he suddenly cannot play anymore...duh). Anyway I think that's still part of what's going on now... appeasing one side over the other because it's the more expeditious action to take.

But you'll have minimal problems from me (regarding the unwanted targeted discussions) from September through January. I can't guarantee I don't get thrown off the site next offseason though if we're coming off another 8 win season. But a lot of people will probably go down with me.
No, I’m fine with people discussing issues with me. But not after we’ve discussed it multiple times.

Again, with @Ross12 and I, it’s not about any type of preferential treatment based on your thoughts on Bill, etc. You’re under the impression it’s your opinion that got you in trouble but it’s the repetitive need to bring up a certain topic in a thread that is the actual issue.

Same for my take on the BB discussion. I’m good with talking about new material if/when it reaches that point. But the rest has already been beaten to death the last few months to the point where I feel like both “sides” are even tired of it.

It’s been a long offseason and I think most people just want camp to start and then we’ll all see where things go. If it goes badly, yes, I’m also pretty sure you won’t be alone in terms of being frustrated. But hopefully, that won’t be the case.

Alrighty, this is the "Board Issues" thread - so it's on topic - it's 13 pages deep so I doubt anyone sees this, and it's still the off-season.

I still never got the whole story on Ashley's departure. All I understood was that she was going mad with power and lying to support thread bans. I know it couldn't have just been about her unrelenting hatred for FCB.

I still never got the whole story on Ashley's departure. All I understood was that she was going mad with power and lying to support thread bans. I know it couldn't have just been about her unrelenting hatred for FCB.
Many posters called her out for her moderating after one of her rah-rah posts, but one particular poster got under her skin. She went off the rails and accused that poster of being a pervert/into children or something like that. She also retaliated by locking his threads.

There was more to it behind the scenes which led to the ban.

Alrighty, this is the "Board Issues" thread - so it's on topic - it's 13 pages deep so I doubt anyone sees this, and it's still the off-season.

I won't get into it - other than to say that it remains a disappointing situation, especially given her tenure here, etc. But as I've mentioned previously, I would think most people would know that the situation would require something significant for me to make that drastic of a move and unfortunately, that was the case. "It is what it is," and obviously I'm not going to go any further than that.

I will close this out. I feel like we've covered everything, so hopefully, we can move on ahead of camp, which, fortunately, the first public session starts one week from tomorrow. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back