PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Mod Edit:] Board Issues/Reaction Issues Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if some troll joined the board and spammed us with some nonsense like "Brady Sucks!" you wouldn't lose your mind and the mods shouldn't make an effort to stop him?

Stop. You're FOS.
Seriously, are you okay? I'm pretty sure everyone (except you and formerly MAC10) would lose their minds if some troll spammed the board with Brady-hate. I said undue hindrance or restraint... meaning unwarranted. It would well be within the scope of a mod to ban someone for exactly what you described. There's no equivalency from anyone on the other side of things. GTFOH.

Teams can stay relatively healthy... your statement is completely false.
You say relatively healthy then say I'm completely wrong? You originally said "if they stay healthy"... had you said relatively health then I wouldn't have said anything about it.

Of course no team avoids injuries throughout the entire season, however, there have been many examples of Super Bowl winning teams benefiting from a relative paucity of significant injuries.

The most recent example that comes to mind is your favorite team from mid March 2020 to Jan 2023, the Tampa Bay Bucs. In 2020-21, the only major injury that they suffered was Vea in October and he made it back for the Super Bowl. Otherwise, they enjoyed the excellent health throughout the season.
Good for the 2020 Bucs. That's one team. And they didn't have zero injuries. I thought I was making a pretty obvious statement... every team has injuries, some have more than others, and someone has to have the fewest, but counting on being that team has a probability of 3%.

Seriously, are you okay? I'm pretty sure everyone (except you and formerly MAC10) would lose their minds if some troll spammed the board with Brady-hate. I said undue hindrance or restraint... meaning unwarranted. It would well be within the scope of a mod to ban someone for exactly what you described. There's no equivalency from anyone on the other side of things. GTFOH.
Spamming the board with nonsense is spamming the board... you simply can't recognize or admit your nonsense.

You say relatively healthy then say I'm completely wrong? You originally said "if they stay healthy"... had you said relatively health then I wouldn't have said anything about it.
Teams that stay healthy and have depth to sustain injuries are the best teams by the playoffs.

You pretending injuries don't happen is a special type of dumb.

Teams that stay healthy and have depth to sustain injuries are the best teams by the playoffs.
lol that's not true. A higher percentage of playoff teams have 1) the better quarterbacks in the league or 2) the fewest injuries (or the depth to sustain injuries)?

You pretending injuries don't happen is a special type of dumb.
???

Can you read?...
No team stays healthy anymore. Every team is facing attrition every season now.

Spamming the board with nonsense is spamming the board... you simply can't recognize or admit your nonsense.
If I was spamming the board with nonsense then I won't have lasted 10+ years on the MB. And you do a lot of conversing with someone you accuse of spitting nonsense nonstop. Made you should think a little more before you pound on your keyboard.

cab5b8057443071b5ec6e7cf4340cb5a.png

lol that's not true. A higher percentage of playoff teams have 1) the better quarterbacks in the league or 2) the fewest injuries (or the depth to sustain injuries)?

???

Can you read?...
I’m not arguing with you… you’re deliriously football ignorant.

If I was spamming the board with nonsense then I won't have lasted 10+ years on the MB. And you do a lot of conversing with someone you accuse of spitting nonsense nonstop. Made you should think a little more before you pound on your keyboard.
I’d say you became unbearable after the sacred cow left.

The first post in this thread is you disliking the dead horse emoji.
He'll get you on a technicality. I had a thread open about starting new threads vs just adding new information to an old thread, and he found that one and posted his dislike for the emoji in that one. Since that was irrelevant to that thread, I moved his post (which was essentially a new topic) along with the subsequent responses into its own thread. But he was, essentially, the OP in this discussion.

He'll get you on a technicality. I had a thread open about starting new threads vs just adding new information to an old thread, and he found that one and posted his dislike for the emoji in that one. Since that was irrelevant to that thread, I moved his post (which was essentially a new topic) along with the subsequent responses into its own thread. But he was, essentially, the OP in this discussion.
Either way why post it publicly if you don't want discussion. He could have messaged one of you guys privately.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
I don't think I can agree more, bud. This is a big year for just about everyone in the organization. To respond to @UGAPatsfan, it's fair to ask if Bill is the guy to usher in the next era. After his giant miscalculation last year, I am not 100% sure. I would love to leave all the old guard in the past and not have those discussions infect 2023 threads, at least those that are based on this year's team/personnel.

The old guard is still partially still here in the present. It's going to come up while BB is still the HC/GM, both good and bad.

The old guard is still partially still here in the present. It's going to come up while BB is still the HC/GM, both good and bad.
We can obviously talk about those situations as they come up. We just don't need to drag the former quarterback back into the conversation and go down that rabbit hole over and over.

I feel like some people think this has to do with criticizing Bill. It doesn't, albeit we don't need to rehash everything we've already hit on this offseason. As you said, it's going to come up, so hopefully - should that need arise (and if it does, that probably means things are going poorly) - it's regarding a new situation that we haven't already covered dozens of times.

That's my issue. The other reached a ridiculous level and I'm hopeful that those who tend to initiate those discussions avoid them moving forward.

I was referring to the players of old. Tommy, Tedi, Randy... Jules... Wes... All those guys. Plus Josh McD, Charlie Weis and RAC. None of those guys are walking thru the door.

sddefault.jpg

Don't know if this belongs here; but the thread for it is closed already:

I want the Confused reaction returned!

And what does I Need Coffee even mean?!?

Dump the latter, and return the former, thank you...

I don't think I can agree more, bud. This is a big year for just about everyone in the organization. To respond to @UGAPatsfan, it's fair to ask if Bill is the guy to usher in the next era. After his giant miscalculation last year, I am not 100% sure. I would love to leave all the old guard in the past and not have those discussions infect 2023 threads, at least those that are based on this year's team/personnel.
The biggest question we have is when Bill goes from being the "smartest guy in the room and the best guy for the job". To only the "smartest guy in the room". I think we're almost there but
Any Belichick legacy or related comments and discussions should be fair game however I understand the inclination to set it aside while the 2023 season plays out. After the season, favorably or unfavorably, it's back on the table.

I agree this is a big season for many in organization and discussing aspects of the season in a vacuum as they unfold is the cleanest way to approach it. That makes sense for coherency. So if that's the goal then as a collective posting community we should be able to achieve it.
No one is saying a topic is off limits but I'm not hearing anything new related to this discussion. It's boring. More original thought and less spam posting. There's a few reasons why people come here and original thought, some fresh insight is one.

Arguing with a small group of people who literally worship Bill won't change their minds. Reasonable, objective people know the score though.

This year, next two are actually important though. It would be nice to have the base speak as collectively as possible about the big issues we'll be facing. This isn't about censorship or telling someone how to post. For the first time in a long time we'll be facing issues other teams have been dealing with. So again it would be nice to but real pressure on the organization if need be.

The biggest question we have is when Bill goes from being the "smartest guy in the room and the best guy for the job". To only the "smartest guy in the room". I think we're almost there but...
I'll cosign that.

So if some troll joined the board and spammed us with some nonsense like "Brady Sucks!" you wouldn't lose your mind and the mods shouldn't make an effort to stop him?

Stop. You're FOS.

Don't we have one of those trolls here already? I think he dresses his hand up like Mahomes every time he pounds his pecker.

The lard ass blocked me, so I can't see his posts anymore. I miss him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back