PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Mod Edit:] Board Issues/Reaction Issues Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
200.gif

omfg im dying over here lolol :rofl::rofl:

That's big of you but we all knew it before you had your arm twisted into saying it yourself.
Nobody twisted my arm Einstein, it was unsolicited. And still nothing from you… the biggest offender here.

Don’t forget the sports bra. While you’re on your jog, ask yourself this - What’s more likely? That everyone you’re responding to are just zealots who are lesser fans than you? Or that you need to adjust your expectations a bit and consider if there is more than one way of being a fan of the team?
I'm still a bigger fan of the Patriots than you are, despite what your banner says

Lmao. Someone starts a thread, and then says they weren’t looking for a discussion about it, when that’s the point of starting a thread. Here’s an idea, start your own message board, but don’t allow anyone else on it.

My .02.

Ian and Ross are great mods. Not ass kissing but it’s the truth. Trying not to be ungrateful for the time put in by some other mods over the years, but most of them were deficient as mods because they were biased in some way. Ian and Ross are not biased and both have found a good happy medium by being laid back but also having limits

I like crawhammer’s posts because they’re usually well reasoned and supported by facts. Most of the time the repetition is because of stubbornness from others to simply concede a point. But yes there are some threads where making it all about TB12 isn’t really the point of the thread.

But I think you can’t really police CH when you have a guy on here who is literally an admitted troll, changing his screen name every few years, posting with dishonest intentions, etc. You have to get rid of that guy before dealing with a much milder issue. One guy at least believes what he’s typing and the other is an ass clown. It comes across loud and clear.

Personally I don’t even think Showtime Idiot should be banned or policed, but my point is he should come first if such measures are going to be enacted. Otherwise it’s kind of laughable to target someone else.

The forum used to be a lot more colorful with different personalities. Illegal Contact (though he needed to be banned), Dropkick Flutie, Deus Irae, were all lightning rods of ire but they made it more interesting. And I think all of them were at least genuine even if you didn’t like their style. The board has become a lot more vanilla with everyone sounding the same, but it’s still a great place overall.
Illegal Contact was a riot. Asked me to meet him at a bar one evening to fight him.

Nobody twisted my arm Einstein, it was unsolicited. And still nothing from you… the biggest offender here.
Sure thing bub. And if I'm the biggest "offender" in what will go down as the #1 debate in franchise history then I don't feel bad about it.

Lmao. Someone starts a thread, and then says they weren’t looking for a discussion about it, when that’s the point of starting a thread. Here’s an idea, start your own message board, but don’t allow anyone else on it.
I didn't start the thread. Pay attention.

Sure thing bub. And if I'm the biggest "offender" in what will go down as the #1 debate in franchise history then I don't feel bad about it.
What debate?

The only debate is in your head.

Discussing simple topics with some are tough. I will say that. Which is fine, right? I am not the most articulate and dont have rhe most extensive vocab so its not "everyone else" Different strokes, we don't think the same etc but I don't want to come here and have argue the obvious with people. I do feel The QB position is a perfect example that highlights it perfectly. The disparity there is unreal.

We could be on the same page about certain things. I think we need to really be adults and drop the past. Solely focus on post-Brady and what's happened. To me that's the priority. The team in 2023.

Let's take a fresh look in the near future but we have an actual, live, F'n team spinning in the middle rn. That's more important than who was more important 10-15 years ago.

Every year, every draft is important and make or break but this year is actually uniquely significant. It's been almost a half decade since Tom left. A) Bill and his decisions should be dissected. B)by years end Mac will be looking at a deal that's not too far away and coming off year 3. Year 2 & 3 are notoriously important. It's time to really think about our play considering the QB class. It would be nice to have the fan base united on the two biggest issues save RKK letting Jonathan really take over.

Big decisions. It would be great if we could leave Malcolm Butler, Gronks Dad and Bradys contracts cloud the atmosphere of what might the most important year in two decades.
I don't think I can agree more, bud. This is a big year for just about everyone in the organization. To respond to @UGAPatsfan, it's fair to ask if Bill is the guy to usher in the next era. After his giant miscalculation last year, I am not 100% sure. I would love to leave all the old guard in the past and not have those discussions infect 2023 threads, at least those that are based on this year's team/personnel.

I don't think I can agree more, bud. This is a big year for just about everyone in the organization. To respond to @UGAPatsfan, it's fair to ask if Bill is the guy to usher in the next era. After his giant miscalculation last year, I am not 100% sure. I would love to leave all the old guard in the past and not have those discussions infect 2023 threads, at least those that are based on this year's team/personnel.
That's sort of where I stand. All of those questions/arguments will be answered and get sorted out based on how this year plays out. Definitely, a critical one for everybody, which is why there's no further reason to beat a dead horse when the answer to all of it will play out over 17 weeks beginning in September.

That's sort of where I stand. All of those questions/arguments will be answered and get sorted out based on how this year plays out. Definitely, a critical one for everybody, which is why there's no further reason to beat a dead horse when the answer to all of it will play out over 17 weeks beginning in September.
If they stay healthy and the young players develop, this will be a very competitive team... albeit playing a (presumably) very tough schedule.

What debate?

The only debate is in your head.
You know what debate and you've contributed as much content to it as anyone else, which by the way is fine with me, I'm not the one calling for restrictions or implementing them. The ability to think and speak as one chooses without undue hindrance or restraint is a good thing.

This is a big year for just about everyone in the organization. To respond to @UGAPatsfan, it's fair to ask if Bill is the guy to usher in the next era. After his giant miscalculation last year, I am not 100% sure. I would love to leave all the old guard in the past and not have those discussions infect 2023 threads, at least those that are based on this year's team/personnel.
Any Belichick legacy or related comments and discussions should be fair game however I understand the inclination to set it aside while the 2023 season plays out. After the season, favorably or unfavorably, it's back on the table.

I agree this is a big season for many in organization and discussing aspects of the season in a vacuum as they unfold is the cleanest way to approach it. That makes sense for coherency. So if that's the goal then as a collective posting community we should be able to achieve it.

If they stay healthy and the young players develop, this will be a very competitive team... albeit playing a (presumably) very tough schedule.
No team stays healthy anymore. Every team is facing attrition every season now. Agree with the young players developing, especially the third year quarterback. The schedule looks like a killer right now but of course the outlook on this likely will shift as the season unfolds. We pounded the division for years but divisional competition is going to be huge this season. The schedules for each outside of the division are similar and equally difficult so the divisional matchups will likely be the difference.

One man's dead horse is another man's Secretariat (if Secretariat wasn't a dead horse)

You know what debate and you've contributed as much content to it as anyone else, which by the way is fine with me, I'm not the one calling for restrictions or implementing them. The ability to think and speak as one chooses without undue hindrance or restraint is a good thing.
So if some troll joined the board and spammed us with some nonsense like "Brady Sucks!" you wouldn't lose your mind and the mods shouldn't make an effort to stop him?

Stop. You're FOS.

No team stays healthy anymore. Every team is facing attrition every season now. Agree with the young players developing, especially the third year quarterback. The schedule looks like a killer right now but of course the outlook on this likely will shift as the season unfolds. We pounded the division for years but divisional competition is going to be huge this season. The schedules for each outside of the division are similar and equally difficult so the divisional matchups will likely be the difference.
Teams can stay relatively healthy... your statement is completely false.

Of course no team avoids injuries throughout the entire season, however, there have been many examples of Super Bowl winning teams benefiting from a relative paucity of significant injuries.

The most recent example that comes to mind is your favorite team from mid March 2020 to Jan 2023, the Tampa Bay Bucs. In 2020-21, the only major injury that they suffered was Vea in October and he made it back for the Super Bowl. Otherwise, they enjoyed the excellent health throughout the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back