PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Wright - any update on his recovery from concussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the other hand, 5.5 sacks in 7 games is an excellent number. Kind of makes you think if Wright might have come into his own as a pass rusher last season.
I think he's been there as of 2008/2009, it's more the defense started coming into it's own creating enough pressure off the edge that Wright's interior efforts weren't drawing the same attention they had the year before. Factor in his injury status, the guy plays his heart out and does get nicked up, and his role changes with other's injured, then you see his production isn't that surprising.

2008 2.5 sacks and 2 FF
2009 5 sacks and 1 FF
2010 5.5 sacks

If NE can keep Mike healthy, and carry enough depth that he isn't sucked into a different role, he'll be collapsing pockets quite nicely.

I have the feeling the source is Mike Wright. An athlete's point of view on self-health/concussion doesn't rate. Earlier in the article, Mike mentions he was ready to play last year.

Likely so. Continued best wishes to Mike's health.

Regardless, the topic is a pleasant respite from the incessant labor/mgmnt hassels and hair style threads. Just assure me that to prevent further concussions manly Mike Wright hasn't gone all Justin Beiber with his hair off season. :eek:

I think he's been there as of 2008/2009, it's more the defense started coming into it's own creating enough pressure off the edge that Wright's interior efforts weren't drawing the same attention they had the year before. Factor in his injury status, the guy plays his heart out and does get nicked up, and his role changes with other's injured, then you see his production isn't that surprising.

2008 2.5 sacks and 2 FF
2009 5 sacks and 1 FF
2010 5.5 sacks

If NE can keep Mike healthy, and carry enough depth that he isn't sucked into a different role, he'll be collapsing pockets quite nicely.

If we ever get to where T Warren, Pryor, and Wright are healthy, this forms a good basis for pressure from the Dline.

Imagine how much of an advantage and how imaginative the defense could be if we could pressure with four guys.

Likely so. Continued best wishes to Mike's health.

Regardless, the topic is a pleasant respite from the incessant labor/mgmnt hassels and hair style threads. Just assure me that to prevent further concussions manly Mike Wright hasn't gone all Justin Beiber with his hair off season. :eek:

You and me both, brother! You and me both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes