PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Pereira defends Hobbs PI on NFLN Offical Review [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hobbs PI on NFLN Offical Review

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d803fe0f3

Mike is full of it. If anything that replay shows how horrid of a call it truly was.

Um, you guys are looking at it through biased eyes. The explanation was completely logical and there's certainly an argument to support the call. The problem is contact like that goes uncalled all the time, but it was a cut-off.

Um, you guys are looking at it through biased eyes. The explanation was completely logical and there's certainly an argument to support the call. The problem is contact like that goes uncalled all the time, but it was a cut-off.

What a crock of s***

Ahh...no...if in fact that was it, the official on the field would have thrown the flag at that point...the ref did not and waited ...a good try..but holds no water...

Re: Mike Pereira defends PI Call on Hobbs.

I noticed this too. BB said (paraphrasing) "nice game", then Dungy says something like "you've got a heck of a team", and BB again said "nice game". this while they shake eachother's hands. What the f*ck are people complaining about? I've heard people say "Why was BB so rude to Dungy?" Huh? Since when was saying "Nice game" being rude? Some people need to get a clue.

Any thing that they can demonize BB about will be seized and made into some type of innocuous statement about how bad a man he is. In reality, those of us who have been around this franchise for a long time, know the opposite is true. The character assassination of BB started last year with his divorce and subsequent relationship with the blonde from NJ, could this have been started by the former ball boy Eric, and has continued this year. The press are obviously confused with the whole of concept of being a focused coach and think that this is a sign of weakness. They should realize now the cause and effect of what they do, the more they piss the off.. the better they play.

After watching Pereira's explanation on the Hobbs call I've dropped my conspiracy theory - instead I see it as a ticky tack call.

Watching the game again on NFLN, we were lucky to get the no catch call on the 3rd and goal pass to Gonzalez in the end zone. That call could have gone either way.

We were porked on numerous other calls though.

If the whole thing was rigged against the Patriots, then how did they win..?

They didn't beat the spread. Maybe that was the aim (though the more likely explanation is that it was simply incompetence on the part of the officials).

After watching Pereira's explanation on the Hobbs call I've dropped my conspiracy theory - instead I see it as a ticky tack call.

Watching the game again on NFLN, we were lucky to get the no catch call on the 3rd and goal pass to Gonzalez in the end zone. That call could have gone either way.

We were porked on numerous other calls though.
Cousin,
Still very much arched eyebrows here! Pereiras TV clip reinforces his crews terrible call and proves that Wayne initiated the contact. Without slow motion, there was no "cut-off". Do the refs watch in slowmotion? Cool!

The supposed "cut-off" happened at the nine yard line, the penalty didn't occur until the six and where does it say the DB has to step out of the way to let a WR catch a ball? It seems to me and the rest of the human race, that Hobbs is still running and slows as he turns for the ball with Wayne pulling on his shoulder. Does the DB in the NFL have to be clairvoyant to know where the route is? Is this a Pollian rule?

It was a blown call and Mr. P put a whole bunch of egg on his face with that one. I think Eisen was almost laughing. Come on Mike, do you think we are all stupid? You should have ducked this one like you did the other five or six flagrant blown calls. Mike, what's even better is how you could have defended it with a straight face?
DW Toys

Just got done watching the 10 minute local replay of the Pats/Colts game in the Comcast NFL section. The replay is voiced by the Colts announcers....and after the flag was thrown on the Hobbs penalty....one of the announcers thought that the flag might be on Reggie Wayne. Go figure

Pereira is killing his own credibility by defending that call. I know that is his job, but it's still pretty obvious to any unbiased fan watching that the call was blown. Even most Non-Colts fans who hated the Patriots can admit that the Patriots got hosed by the officiating in that game.

I think that the officiating deserves to be highly scrutinized as it is, and that hopefully this makes it a lot harder for officiating crews to be as BLATANTLY one sided in their officiating as they did in the Colts/Pats game.

Pereira killed his own credibility by defending that call. I know that is his job, but it's still pretty obvious to any unbiased fan watching that the call was blown. Even most Non-Colts fans who hated the Patriots can admit that the Patriots got hosed by the officiating in that game.

Fixed it for you

When TWO officials right on top of a play call a pass complete

when the receiver's foot is clearly out of bounds, the officiating

is bad. Pereira is full of crap when he said that the officials did a

good job.

It would have been nice to have another camera angle on that one. Certainly Pereira had to slow it down to show the slightest contact if any because the camera angle is square to the players and you cannot really tell from the depth of field (photo) if there is contact or not. At normal speed it would look like Hobbs turned his head on time. The question should also be asked as to where the refs were positioned, from the long camera angle (at time of snap) it looked like they were miles away. The delay also suggests that they didnt really see what Pereira was claiming.

As one poster put it at best this is a ticky tacky call, and begs the question as to why it merits a 40 yard penalty and a 1st and goal. At worst this is a bad call made even worse by trying to explain it away. You can fool the people some of the time.....

Last edited:
When TWO officials right on top of a play call a pass complete

when the receiver's foot is clearly out of bounds, the officiating

is bad. Pereira is full of crap when he said that the officials did a

good job.

why didn't the Pats challenge the play, I think I remember that play, I thought his foot was out also, anybody know why it didn't get challenged?

why didn't the Pats challenge the play, I think I remember that play, I thought his foot was out also, anybody know why it didn't get challenged?

It did get challenged and overturned. But it was ridiculous that Belichick had to waste a challenge on such an obvious non-catch.

i think it says alot that they didnt show any other of the questionable calls in that game. imagine of the around 6 ques calls they chose the hobbs one as their best call !! the other 5 or so they must still be playing in super slo forward and back and still cant find how the refs were right !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST