PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Pereira defends Hobbs PI on NFLN Offical Review [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mike Pereira defends PI Call on Hobbs.

A few things.....1----As usual BS explanation...did NOT expect better as was said on any call you can ALWAYS find a rule to back up a bogus call...MP is WHY teh NFL stinks..Goodell NEEDS to do something about the officials...funny that the spread was ONLY a few pts more...TDonaghy influence?? Can never be done..or so some say..but after one sees bad calls and total consistency in making them for ONE side..u have to wonder...
2----MP said about the officiating crew that they only called 1 offensive PI call prior and stated that the info was incorrect....I wonder A--who provided that info..the NFL?? and B--why doesn't someone check gamebooks to see IF that is true..
3---Noticed a few of the bad calls NOT in the replay..the Bogus NZI on Warren..wanted to see if someone jumped offside..ALSO..the non-call on Faulk when Brackett held him...no replay there....Did anyone notice the play when Colvin had his helmet off?? another play not included...
4----Also noted the spear on Moss on the 55 yarder..it looked like that was certanly possible a call..given how bad things were...Also what was the PF on Light after teh interception not explained at all.....
Terrible officiating embarrassing totally...and the spot where they gave him a first down?? Horrible...
If Hobbs play was ruled a good P.I. call, how about last year in the end zone on Caldwell with three minutes to go that GAVE the Colts the Super Bowl There are people being jailed for less contact.
Mike P. answer this question. If that was a Pats WR would it have been the old "cut off" rule?...........................nah! This just proved tonite without a doubt that there is a definite conspiracy against BB. Mike P. is the best witness in our case. You can't make this up as you go along. You, sir, need to be accountable.
It was virtually impossible to prove cut off,nor was there any....cut off? Come on. Come up with something better than that. The film did not lie Mike, you were wrong. End of story
DW Toys

YOU are the whiner. I have never heard someone cry so much about bad calls...especially when their team won. You have made about 50 posts on this. Why don't you take a lesson from the pats players. They never cried one bit about the officiating. You are playing this topic out then you complain about colts fans. Good lord you are pathetic.:rolleyes: :bricks:

you have a problem with a Patriots fan talking Patriots football on a patriot board, the solution is simple, troll...BEGONE

Yep,Nantz has serious man love for Manning and the Colts.It's quite nauseating actually..I knew it was going to be one of those days starting with the Moorehead call..Two guys on the line looking down at the receiver's feet and they called him in?:eek: I knew then we were f'd all day...

In the 2006 playoffs when the Seahens played the Panthers, Nantz proclaimed that the superbowl was going to be the best in many years because it would be Indy and Seahens. He said that it was the type superbowl that people would really want to see, and it has been a while since there has been a good superbowl match-up.

Yeah, what a bore it is to have the Eagles and Pats or Panthers and Pats. Or Oakland in a great offensive year against Tampa's #1 defense with that whole Gruden storyline. Or the unstoppable Rams of 2001. Or the world class Ravens defense of 2000. The total yawner games with that Elway guy.

What a bunch of crappy superbowl match ups recently....what the world really needed was Seahens and Indy for 2006.

Too bad the refs couldn't hand the AFC Championship game to Mannchoke, and Mannchoke had to throw his OLine under the bus after the game in a act of utter disgrace.

Or Nantz would have had his wet dream of a superbowl.

you have a problem with a Patriots fan talking Patriots football on a patriot board, the solution is simple, troll...BEGONE

Whining and crying 24-7 is NOT talking football. The intelligent pats fans agree. You are a conspiracy nut obsessed with the "refs-fixed-the-game-gate" theory. Move on.:bricks:

If Hobbs play was ruled a good P.I. call, how about last year in the end zone on Caldwell with three minutes to go that GAVE the Colts the Super Bowl There are people being jailed for less contact.
Mike P. answer this question. If that was a Pats WR would it have been the old "cut off" rule?...........................nah! This just proved tonite without a doubt that there is a definite conspiracy against BB. Mike P. is the best witness in our case. You can't make this up as you go along. You, sir, need to be accountable.
It was virtually impossible to prove cut off,nor was there any....cut off? Come on. Come up with something better than that. The film did not lie Mike, you were wrong. End of story
DW Toys

We all know the Colts superbowl was a sham in every way.

But Brady and the Pats will continue to systematically re-write the history books and beat Mannchoke at his own game with the touchdown record this year, before punking the Dolts back to pre-school again in snowy Foxboro.

Maybe the most egregious missed called was the clip by Colts wide receiver Aaron Moorehead on Patriots safety Rashad Baker during the long run after catch by Colts running back Joseph Addai. Aaron Moorehead definitely extended his arms and pushed Rashad Baker from behind just as the Patriots safety was about to tackle Joseph Addai.

Mike Pereira was saying Hobbs PI was correct because he was touching Wayne before he turned for the ball. But the 1/2 second of tape where Hobbs was touching Wayne, was actually Wayne pushing Hobbs shoulder while Hobbs was not looking at the ball. Not surprising that the VP of Officiating supports the officials rulings. I wish I had an online video, it's entertaining.

Actually, I'd like that fella to post more often. I like his sig . . . :D

Seriously, the officiating of this game defies debate. It's the worst officiated game I've EVER seen, and that is saying a lot.

How many times have you actually heard him say a call was called incorrectly? He's not going to go on national TV and make his guys look incompetent.
Did you even watch the show? He disagreed with the Packers kick-the-live-ball-delay-of-game call and said it was the last time it will ever be called.

FWIW, I said from the beginning the call on Hobbs was called correctly. What bothered me was the Asante call, the Moss call, and the Faulk non-call.

My question is....How the hell do the officials see these things happen on the field in real time, with the naked eye, but Mike Pereira (the head official)needs multiple angles and ridiculous slow motion to barely justify some of these calls?
It's not like there's some instant replay for penalties.

Last edited:

Actually, I'd like that fella to post more often. I like his sig . . . :D

Seriously, the officiating of this game defies debate. It's the worst officiated game I've EVER seen, and that is saying a lot.

Yeah she is a hottie. Here's the point: I agree there were bad calls. There was no conspiracy. The redundancy of choker's posts are beyond paranoid. Move on.

Re: Hobbs PI on NFLN Offical Review

Mike Pereira was saying Hobbs PI was correct because he was touching Wayne before he turned for the ball. But the 1/2 second of tape where Hobbs was touching Wayne, was actually Wayne pushing Hobbs shoulder while Hobbs was not looking at the ball. Not surprising that the VP of Officiating supports the officials rulings. I wish I had an online video, it's entertaining.

Exactly, what's he going to say, "yeah that rookie crew sure blew that call." No, he's going to back them up, however his explanation is 'clutching at straws'

You can watch it here if you haven't see it already:

http://www.nfl.com/videos

Look for the video titled: NFLTA: Official Review - Nov. 7

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d803fe0f3

Mike is full of it. If anything that replay shows how horrid of a call it truly was. He talks about the split second of contact that took place before Hobbs looked back for the ball. Thing is, Wayne puts his hand on Hobbs, and Hobbs' body doesn't make contact with Wayne, until Wayne actually touches him. Also, Wayne half tackles Hobbs to keep him from getting the INT.

Notice how they didn't mention the Moss PI, or some of the other calls from that game. It would have been fun to see him try to explain that gift spot...."During the timeout we realized the sticks were actually wrong" or some BS :bricks:

You can watch it here if you haven't see it already:

http://www.nfl.com/videos

Look for the video titled: NFLTA: Official Review - Nov. 7

Thanks. What a crock. Props to Rich Eisen for the bewilderment in his voice after each question.

Colts #74....just ridiculous...Coilvin beats him from the get, he follows pushing in the back looking to grab him from behind on the sack....no call...no nothing....all game long this mutt pulled this crap with NOTHING called on him....yet NOW, with the benefit of a second look, you can SEE how horribly miscalled this game was

I mentioned this hold on Colvin before, and it's funny the block in the back to Baker on Addai's 73 yard catch and run doesn't get mentioned more. That was among the biggest plays of the game, and it was aided by a block to the back (delivered by Moorehead).

Just saw the post game handshake...what EXACTLY was Colt fan *****ing and moaning about??? BB said nice game, shook his hand and went on his way....WTF do these idiotic farmers want??? A Q and A on the field? jeezus, enough with this made-up Colt fan crap on this board

I noticed this too. BB said (paraphrasing) "nice game", then Dungy says something like "you've got a heck of a team", and BB again said "nice game". this while they shake eachother's hands. What the f*ck are people complaining about? I've heard people say "Why was BB so rude to Dungy?" Huh? Since when was saying "Nice game" being rude? Some people need to get a clue.

You know it is fine if you admit that some of the calls were horrible... He looked like a fool trying to uphold that call on Hobbs. Hobbs BARELY touched Wayne as his head was turning to pick up the ball again. It was Wayne that put his hands on Hobbs and came in contact with him, barely. It was then Wayne who was groping Hobbs and tackled him to prevent the INT.

besides the fact that wayne had no chance of catching the ball anyhow..he was slowing up while ball was in the air...as if the ball was right there. if the ball landed right there ok...but it landed like 10 yds down the field.

Um, you guys are looking at it through biased eyes. The explanation was completely logical and there's certainly an argument to support the call. The problem is contact like that goes uncalled all the time, but it was a cut-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes