Mike Pereira defends Hobbs PI on NFLN Offical Review [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChoWZa

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Mike Pereira defends PI Call on Hobbs.

Saw this on NFLN...

The sad part about this is you can use some form of a technicality to defend any play. He basically said that Ellis Hobbs had cut off the receiver and didn't have his head turned around at that point.

If asked about the PI on Randy Moss he surely would have said Randy put his hands on the defender at one point, making this the correct call.

It goes back to the saying you can call holding on every play. And you can excuse the refs for no-calls pretty easily too, for instance, the no-call on Faulk on 3rd and long. Referees have too much power...its become an X-Factor that from here on out will always be against the Patriots.

Re: Mike Pereira defends PI Call on Hobbs.

What a bunch of horse *****

Just as I predicted, the whole thing was rigged against the Pats and they aren't going to admit anything biased at this point.

He defended the tuck rule when it was called in the Snow Bowl. I wonder if he's regetting that now. :D

Just as I predicted, the whole thing was rigged against the Pats and they aren't going to admit anything biased at this point.
If the whole thing was rigged against the Patriots, then how did they win..?

I don't think the referees purposely made bad calls, I just think they had a poor performance overall.

I don't think the referees purposely made bad calls, I just think they had a poor performance overall.
I dont think they cared about the outcome, but had some odd interest in the spread. :mad:

Oh come on guys, it's just like the NBA does it.
Assign a rookie ref crew in a highly anticipated pro game, have the calls being completely one sided.
Not only just the 150 yards vs. 24 Colt penalty yards, but the noncall offensive PI on Clark late in the game...
Then the denials by Pereira later on TV.

I'm sure it was all completely coincidental that for the highest rated game of the season, the NFL decided to put in a rookie crew with a history of calling lots of offensive PI penalties. Though in this game, there were noncalls for Colts offensive PI, and lots of phantom PI calls for the Pats.

That just proves how incompetent the ref's really are! :D

Pereira can go straight to HELL. HE'S A LIAR as far as I'm concerned. :mad:
Rigged or not those officials SUCKED.

Saw this on NFLN...

The sad part about this is you can use some form of a technicality to defend any play. He basically said that Ellis Hobbs had cut off the receiver and didn't have his head turned around at that point.

If asked about the PI on Randy Moss he surely would have said Randy put his hands on the defender at one point, making this the correct call.

It goes back to the saying you can call holding on every play. And you can excuse the refs for no-calls pretty easily too, for instance, the no-call on Faulk on 3rd and long. Referees have too much power...its become an X-Factor that from here on out will always be against the Patriots.

How many times have you actually heard him say a call was called incorrectly? He's not going to go on national TV and make his guys look incompetent.
He's always most certainly going to "try" and see what his guy was seeing when he made the call and back him up by saying it was called correctly.

I didn't expect anything else.
It's a shame really, the pats are getting screwed at every turn

Saw this on NFLN...

Coming from the same guy who said Hobbs made contact with Wayne on that faceguarding call in the AFCCG. He must have been privy to a replay that nobody else has seen because every single replay showed no contact.

These guys are rich.

Regards,
Chris

If anyone is watching this now, can you actually see Polian's arm coming out of Pereira's ass?

How many times have you actually heard him say a call was called incorrectly? He's not going to go on national TV and make his guys look incompetent.
He's always most certainly going to "try" and see what his guy was seeing when he made the call and back him up by saying it was called correctly.

Yeah. I'm sure he's selects which plays he wants to discuss before hand as well. He most likely only picks one maybe two incorrect calls to talk about.

My contention is the lack of experience on the referee staff were overwhelmed by the magnitude of the game and could not keep their focus and make calls correctly. If one of the Colts receivers is beat they are thinking PI. They also are human and have heard all the Patriots negative media garbage and could have taken a personal agenda against them. Either way the phantom PI calls and the no-call on Faulk are inexcusable. The play that was challenged by Bellichick that the Patriots won was also horrid. The referee was no more than 7feet from the play and couldn't get the call right? He had a better angle on it than Asante Samuel. Blah.

What a bunch of crap. Anyone expect anything different. Watching the replay now. Samuel and Hobbs PI's...neither freaking touch the receiver. What a load of jizz.

Gotta admit...he delivered that explanation with a straight face...while the replay ran.."that's a category 5 pass interference"....heh..don't think I'll EVER forget that one

I was watching the NFL today at noon
and they said this crew was known for
calling the fewest PI penalties, but that
they have called the most roughing the
passer calls.

Looks like they were confused.

The umpiring crew, not NFL today.

This was not a rookie reffing crew.
The ref was in his 1st year as the
referee but it was his 12th year in the league.
I believe he was back judge or line judge.

This was a crew of NFL veteran refs, bj. linesmen etc.

Whatever, they made some really bogus calls...

Oh come on guys, it's just like the NBA does it.
Assign a rookie ref crew in a highly anticipated pro game, have the calls being completely one sided.
Not only just the 150 yards vs. 24 Colt penalty yards, but the noncall offensive PI on Clark late in the game...
Then the denials by Pereira later on TV.

I'm sure it was all completely coincidental that for the highest rated game of the season, the NFL decided to put in a rookie crew with a history of calling lots of offensive PI penalties. Though in this game, there were noncalls for Colts offensive PI, and lots of phantom PI calls for the Pats.

uh...BTW....just HOW did they give Addai a first down on that 3rd down run...he NEVER EVEN GOT CLOSE to the 1st down marker....ATROCIOUS...UNBELIEVABLE....how can ANYONE DENY IT?

I am watching the replay of the game....and can't believe how bad of a ball spot that was on the Addai TD drive. He was clearly 2 yards short of that first down..

I can't believe we have not heard more on that pathetic spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye