PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Mayock's mock: Nick Perry over McClellin & Hightower at 27; Harrison Smith #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Mike Mayock's mock: Nick Perry over McClellin & Hightower at 27; Harrison Smith #31

I want to throw up every time I see Harrison Smith mocked to the Pats in the first round. If he's the pick so be it. I'm on board, I'm fan woohoo;) but until that time I'm in the anti-smith club. Every piece of film I've seen is mediocre. Even his highlight videos are lackluster which begs me to differ with this pick so high.

I know the feeling, but with this weak class of safeties you are going to see these guys come off the board much earlier then they should of just because teams are going to be locked into getting one of the better safeties this year. Hopefully the Pats can see through that and take the best player available.

re: Mike Mayock's mock: Nick Perry over McClellin & Hightower at 27; Harrison Smith #31

Their problem was a lack of slot corner, the ideal position for Gilmore.

So Mayock thinks they'd take a sub-package DB in the first half of the 1st? I know it's a "passing league". But if BB ever did anything like that in the first my TV would go out the window. I suspect many Eagles fans would too if their team did it.

WE will not draft a safety high we just signed our guy from San Diego and gave him 3 years

I think this draft stinx compared to last year for DEs

If mayock has Perry as his 49th rated player why would we take him at 27

NOt Happy here

WE will not draft a safety high we just signed our guy from San Diego and gave him 3 years

NOt Happy here

For the same reason people have a project like Tanneyhill going top ten to Miami or Cleveland.

Need outweighing the tape!

We need pass rushers, but what people refuse to realize is that BB will never overdraft a guy who's tape doesn't merit the selection. Think of the vast multitude of players BB has passed on in previous years. All had a wart that caused too much of a projection for BB to gamble on.

Same will probably happen again this year.

NOt Happy here

Scott is actually a strong safety and Chung and Barrett are in the last years of their contracts. We could very well reach for the safety BB needs on this team.

Nick Perry is all right, uninspiring.

But I agree with a lot of other with Harrison Smith. I have him rated below Iloka out of Boise and Allen out of South Carolina. I'm not that high on him. I'd be surprised if he goes in the first.

I think Chandler Jones will be there at 27, regardless at Mayock's extreme love for him. Do you see where he ranks him? Top ten. We take him.

If we don't trade down at 31, we take the best player available, which will turn out to be tall speedy Stephen Hill. That'll make me sad. Unless he turns out to be the next Randy Moss, who was unstoppable at Marshall. Did Hill set the ACC on fire like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft