PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Lombardi Thinks Belichick Could Go Elsewhere, Status Beyond Sunday in Question?

Mike Reiss didn't "report" anything but said he isn't taking any time off "in case anything happens". Mike is usually pretty plugged in and doesn't seem to say things just to say things.

and in this case he didn't say anything

None of me supports the idea that he can fix the mess he created. It's more likely that he'll continue messing things up. It's been 5 years since they last won and they've gone backwards for most of the years since. Time to move on.
Agree. It was just a curiosity at the moment. I don't have much faith he can.. bad contracts, bad roster compilations, I will give him credit for gonzo. That's it!

Only thing is.. he'd be replacing Johnny Kraft.. as he's the team president, 2nd in command.. I feel that.. it's over.. this off season they will have a mutual of parting ways.
Could be. That might be the way it goes and I don't think BB is they type of guy who cares about job titles.

Shoulder Shrug Idk GIF by MOODMAN

50% chance Bill is back as HC
99.9% chance we'll have a new GM

1997- If Bill can't buy the groceries he won't want to cook the dinner.

2024- If Bill can't buy the groceries he won't want to cook the dinner.

Could be. That might be the way it goes and I don't think BB is they type of guy who cares about job titles.
Bill needs the title of HC to keep chasing Shula.

this is exactly how reiss plays along......he doesn't get too much into the hot take nonsense, but he plays along, doesn't call out the obvious BS, and chuckles along with the chuckleheads

i applaud him for being one of the last holdouts trying to keep it above the board, but he likes his radio and TV appearances, too.....integrity in this industry doesn't pay the bills

i may be wrong, but i'm still saying this all goes back to volin, and has no real legs

1997- If Bill can't buy the groceries he won't want to cook the dinner.

2024- If Bill can't buy the groceries he won't want to cook the dinner.
I want no part of Bill being coach but losing GM duties. Then you get the his guys vs my guys battles and infighting. That stuff will bleed into everything and we will end up with another dysfunctional team.

I want no part of Bill being coach but losing GM duties. Then you get the his guys vs my guys battles and infighting. That stuff will bleed into everything and we will end up with another dysfunctional team.
Agree. It's time to move on.

Any chance we blow out the Colts and he’s firmly kept in place?

I'm all in on drafting a guy.. however cousins would not be a bad bridge..
Cousins has shown that he is incapable of delivering in the important moments. I have never seen a QB as good as him be as un-clutch. He just wilts.

Do not want.

Cousins has shown that he is incapable of delivering in the important moments. I have never seen a QB as good as him be as un-clutch. He just wilts.

Do not want.
Fair enough!

I don't care. He can get the title somewhere else.
I don't think he will. Once he's finished here I really think that's it.

The man looked tired at his presser. I think he's had enough.

I don't think he will. Once he's finished here I really think that's it.

The man looked tired at his presser. I think he's had enough.
He looked like he'd been up all night with the trots

It’s Volin. He’s probably using you as his source.
Reiss said he doesn't plan to take time off in Germany because of the possibility of Bill being fired.

Reiss said he doesn't plan to take time off in Germany because of the possibility of Bill being fired.
Why would he take time off at all? This is the middle of the busiest part of the year for him.

If you’re really considering firing him based on the outcome of a two ****ty teams playing in a meaningless game, you already have the answer and there’s no reason he should be the coach. Might as well move on today. I’ve seen this scenario a thousand times with “if the team doesn’t do this (win this game, make the playoffs, win the Super Bowl) the owner is firing him!” Never has a coach worked out long term when such an ultimatum is forced. It’s like inserting an ultimatum into a relationship. If you’re at that point, it’s over and it’s simply a matter of when.

If you’re really considering firing him based on the outcome of a two ****ty teams playing in a meaningless game, you already have the answer and there’s no reason he should be the coach. Might as well move on today. I’ve seen this scenario a thousand times with “if the team doesn’t do this (win this game, make the playoffs, win the Super Bowl) the owner is firing him!” Never had a coached worked out long term when such an ultimatum is forced. It’s like inserting an ultimatum into a relationship. If you’re at that point, it’s over and it’s simply a matter of when.
It's really bad PR for the NFL to have a team fire a coach before a very high profile game when they're trying to expand the brand into a new-ish market.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back