PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Lombardi Thinks Belichick Could Go Elsewhere, Status Beyond Sunday in Question?

I have been no Bill pom pom waiver by any means but to me it should be a point in Bill's favor to some extent that his disciples fail. It isn't like he is being supported by some great group of coordinators that are budding super stars.

Although one could easily make the argument things started falling apart quickly when Scar and Ernie hung it up. The offensive line post-Scar has been a disaster and some of the in game adjustments, time out usage, and challenges (or lack thereof) have been an issue post-brine Adams.
Agree. At one point in time every great coach has a couple of coordinators/position coaches that are so good it makes life easier.

For example....Gibbs had Joe Bugel on the o-line/OC and Ritchie Pettibone as his DC. Both were successful as coordinators but when they became HCs they sucked.

It was Tom leaving, bad drafts, brain drain and Bill losing his fastball that led to this.

None of the 2024 QBs really float my shorts. Marvin Jr. or Olu Fashanu (LT Penn. St) would be great top 5 picks!

Agreed. We definitely need the next QB.. question. If we end up with the top 5 pick in wich I'm sure we will.. who do I like at QB.? I'd love to be in a situation ther cincy was in with burrow/chase.
Getting the next Joe Burrow would be nice lol

I’m warming up to JJ McCarthy and Quinn Ewers.

All this talk of Bill being gone during or after the season is just talk at the end of the day imo. I believe he’ll be back next season as well.

All this talk of Bill being gone during or after the season is just talk at the end of the day imo. I believe he’ll be back next season as well.
A part of me wants to see if he can fix this mess he created.

I'll take that bet for the mythical $1.

I think **** is going down.

He may come back but not in his current capacity.

BB won't be part of this organization if he can't have it as he's been the last 23 seasons.. it's a results producing business.. he's not exempt.

Bo Nix is 157 years old! He washed out at Auburn after a few years. You have to be careful of these "COVID kids" who have been in college since 2017! Strange is a perfect example, he hung around long enough to look good, maybe it was because he was 25 playing against 18 year olds, and not that he was any good.
He’s 23

Crazy to think Mac Jones is essentially his downfall.
There are other examples, like his many poor draft picks.
Bill's philosophy of trading back in the draft may have also contributed to his downfall. He left a lot of talent out there for other teams to scoop up.
The convoluted coaching decisions didn't help either, and may have even hurt the t-e-a-m team.
And what's with his punishments for minor mistakes that takes players out of games or sends them off to Cleveland? Why would a modern day pro athlete want to be subjected to that kind of crap?
And Bill's infatuation with STs at a time when they mean less than ever in the NYFL baffles me. And even that part of the team blows.
But Bill's a great X's and O's guy.

I’m warming up to JJ McCarthy and Quinn Ewers.
There's that name again, JJ McCarthy. I never saw him or heard of him but a total stranger told me to watch out for him a few weeks ago. Is he decent? As we're seeing picking a QB isn't an exact science.

There are other examples, like his many poor draft picks.
Bill's philosophy of trading back in the draft may have also contributed to his downfall. He left a lot of talent out there for other teams to scoop up.
The convoluted coaching decisions didn't help either, and may have even hurt the t-e-a-m team.
And what's with his punishments for minor mistakes that takes players out of games or sends them off to Cleveland? Why would a modern day pro athlete want to be subjected to that kind of crap?
And Bill's infatuation with STs at a time when they mean less than ever in the NYFL baffles me. And even that part of the team blows.
But Bill's a great X's and O's guy.
Wherever BB decides to go.. I don't believe he will be in charge of final roster decisions for skill position players on offense. I have to believe that team isn't going to allow him to gather a collection of players like a hobby.. the big contracts to STs players, the guranteed money to washed up O lineman.. meanwhile he wouldn't give DHop a contract.. on the coaching decisions.. your only as good as the people you surround yourself with.. guys like scarr, earnie adams, to name a few. Once they left.. his in-game decisions became head scratching.

BB won't be part of this organization if he can't have it as he's been the last 23 seasons.. it's a results producing business.. he's not exempt.
I tend to agree.

I could see some kind of team president thing next year and help with transition - then resign.

I tend to agree.

I could see some kind of team president thing next year and help with transition - then resign.
Only thing is.. he'd be replacing Johnny Kraft.. as he's the team president, 2nd in command.. I feel that.. it's over.. this off season they will have a mutual of parting ways.

I’d agree something has to change moving forward, but ultimately I think he’s the HC rest of this year and next year.

50% chance Bill is back as HC
99.9% chance we'll have a new GM

True, but guys like Riess, Curran as tied in to the team I take what they say literally. But yes national reporters tend to carbon copy..

but even reiss and curran have responded to market forces and have monetized their "coverage" - they have sacrificed integrity for radio & TV appearances, for follows and replies on twitter (especially curran, but reiss plays along, too)......I guarantee on this one their only 'source' is the volin piece.....until i see a quote attributed to bob or bill, i'm calling volin BS on this take

A part of me wants to see if he can fix this mess he created.
None of me supports the idea that he can fix the mess he created. It's more likely that he'll continue messing things up. It's been 5 years since they last won and they've gone backwards for most of the years since. Time to move on.

What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Back