PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Freeman : Why Pete carroll gets a pass but belichick doesnt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They actually did say that, according to the Cameraplacementgate revisited article for ESPN. They said the camera guys were posing as the NFL films crew and taping signals.

I blamed the BS that came out of "Spygate" on the media. They were hungry for a story, especially one that discredits the Pats. If they had gathered all their information together, separated facts from some former dumb jock's opinion, that story would've dead on arrival. I felt Goodell was pressured by the 32, the press and that senator whathisface to do something HUGE to stick it to the evil empire.

Now deflategate is another issue.

I think that was a feed to a journalist by 345 Park Ave to control the narrative. I recall seeing pictures of Estrella and he was not posing as a NFL Films staffer. He was wearing something else that had the team logo in plain of day.

Typical NFL. Fabricate actual events so they look good and you look like dirt.

Because jealousy. The narrative that it's because BB is prickly is just as made up as the narrative that he's a big cheat. If he acted like Rex Ryan the narrative would be he's an obnoxious blowhard. If he acted like Petey it'd be he's a cheerleading clown.

Brady has generally been warm with the media and a poster boy for the league yet again he was labeled a lying cheater too. The narrative... it was to get to BB.

3 in 4 years is what it's all about. If the Patriots had a few down years after that the league might've forgiven them. Instead they thumb their nose at parity.

Seriously? The media likes Petey more because he is nice because we all know how powerful they are. :) We know because they told us. It has nothing to do with hating success.

Would this be a bigger story if the Pats were at fault? Sure, I'd agree with that. It shouldn't be, but it would be.

In my eyes I think it's a non story either way....Pats, Seahawks, Browns? It's a non story

So despite our disdain for the league office I think we should actually agree with exactly how this situation was handled.......the Seahawks broke a rule, the league punished them, and there is little media attention on it because we recognize it's not a big deal.

Instead we're mad that others aren't mad?!?!? Don't turn me into Allen Iverson with the "we're talking about practice" routine.

I agree with the idea that none of these should be big stories. Things like this have happened regularly through the history of the league and only NFL fans knew or cared about them. None of those stories were making the nightly news.

The internet, social media, and the 24 hour news cycle have played a role in changing that, but the league's leadership has also changed their approach. For whatever reason, they felt it was a good idea to go with over the top punishments for a few teams, but take a reasonable approach with everyone else. I'm not saying the NFL should look the other way on everything, but severe punishments for top teams makes the whole league look bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe