PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Jenkins released....

Some room to welcome back a certain Mr Seymour now? :cool:

He can't hate the Patriots as much as he said because he recommended them to Kelly and someone else (Warren?)!

i am still holding out some hope that Mark Harrison comes around. He has unlimited potential and maybe can sneak onto the PS.

Its just crazy to think that if it was week 1 today, our starting lineup would probably consist of Amendola, Dobson, KT and probably Suds over Ballard.

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 6m
Assuming Pats WRs are Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, Thompkins, Edelman, Slater, average age will be 25, with 3.167 years experience ...

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 4m
Which would make this the youngest and least experienced WR corps Brady has ever had, by far. Previous lows were 26.3 and 4.167 in 2002

You mean, ...the youngest and least experienced WR corps Mallett has ever had (as if Mallett ever had a WR corps at the pro level)...

Actually, it's not time to jump to any conclusions that what we're seeing is the final group. Cuts and waivers are coming from all over the league. I think there may well be a late pickup of a veteran pass catcher.

Discuss.... ;)

I think they released him now as more of a show of respect by Belichick to a veteran that he viewed as unlikely to make the team, this allows him the opportunity to attempt to latch on with another team. From a Patriots perspective I like the move, I think they’re doing the correct thing in committing to the youth for better or worse, going halfway wouldn’t have worked in my opinion these young guys need the reps and they need to feel the confidence of the coaches in them.

I think it is telling how highly they think of Thompkins because even with the draft choices of Dobson and Boyce there was still a need for a 3rd outside receiver prior to him immerging; not to get all Tebow like but it is a blessing to find an apparent stud WR in the UDFA class in a year like this when we’re in desperate need for receivers.

i am still holding out some hope that Mark Harrison comes around. He has unlimited potential and maybe can sneak onto the PS.

I bet you see him play on the big cub this year. Mid October

The Pats should be able to stash one or two WR's on their PS. As mentioned Mark Harrison - Quentin Sims and maybe *Kamar Aiken*. I really like Aiken and thought he looked real good with second or third team.

You mean, ...the youngest and least experienced WR corps Mallett has ever had (as if Mallett ever had a WR corps at the pro level)...

What do you mean? All reports on Brady are that he is fine and expected to practice today. Did I miss something? :confused4:

Saw this coming more than a week ago. So, it's going to be: Amendola, Thompkins, Boyce, Dobson and (hopefully) Edelman. Or, maybe Slater instead of Edelman, though I really want Edelman to make the team. I wish Slater could show something at WR.

Saw this coming more than a week ago. So, it's going to be: Amendola, Thompkins, Boyce, Dobson and (hopefully) Edelman. Or, maybe Slater instead of Edelman, though I really want Edelman to make the team. I wish Slater could show something at WR.

Throw in Harrison in the JAG section....

Pretty unbelievable how Belichick is able to hit on these receivers at the EXACT time that he needs it the most. Lose Welker and Hernandez? Snag Kenbreezy, Dobson and Boyce who all apparently, according to the TC reports, are going to step right in and be productive this season. This is a great sign that we don't feel the need to keep Jenkins on the roster. BB is the master

As of today I would think Slater and Edelman both make the roster, rather than an either/or situation for one roster spot.

I think Edelman and Slater are locks. Slater is more obvious because of his ace special teams. Edelman knows the offense and Brady trusts and respects his game. This was shown the day Edelman came back to practice and they were doing 1-on-1s and Brady's turn ended as Edelman stepped to the line. Brady then jumped in ahead of Mallett or Tebow just to throw to him. Plus he's the punt returner and a great one at that.

I think Edelman and Slater are locks. Slater is more obvious because of his ace special teams. Edelman knows the offense and Brady trusts and respects his game. This was shown the day Edelman came back to practice and they were doing 1-on-1s and Brady's turn was up as Edelman stepped to the line. Brady then jumped in ahead of Mallett or Tebow just to throw to him. Plus he's the punt returner and a great one at that.

It's Edelman's punt-return ability that makes him special. Would hate to lose that.

It's a shame we don't have a WR version of Alge Crumpler to help the rookie WR's like Crumpler helped our prized rookie TE's in 2010 (Gronkowski and Hernandez). Was hoping Jenkins was gonna be that guy.

As of today I would think Slater and Edelman both make the roster, rather than an either/or situation for one roster spot.

I wish Slater was more of two role player he only does one thing good and that's being a Gunner. He Offers absolutely Nothing as a WR or a Return man...he's kinda fast for nothing. In the Final evaluation it wouldn't surprise me if he gets the axe. I think this Team has people who can do exactly what he can and more. Edelman and Washington makes us very dangerous in the return game on KO's and PR's areas where we were just Terrible at!

It's a shame we don't have a WR version of Alge Crumpler to help the rookie WR's like Crumpler helped our prized rookie TE's in 2010 (Gronkowski and Hernandez). Was hoping Jenkins was gonna be that guy.

JE and DA are veterans. They can do it.

No need to devote a roster spot to an old WR just so he can give tips to the young guys if he sucks.

I wish Slater was more of two role player he only does one thing good and that's being a Gunner. He Offers absolutely Nothing as a WR or a Return man...he's kinda fast for nothing. In the Final evaluation it wouldn't surprise me if he gets the axe. I think this Team has people who can do exactly what he can and more. Edelman and Washington makes us very dangerous in the return game on KO's and PR's areas where we were just Terrible at!

God. Please make it stop. This might be post of the year. Just terrible. Dont know where to start.

God. Please make it stop. This might be post of the year. Just terrible. Dont know where to start.

I've kinda become used to it. Every year, there's a couple dozen posters at least who figure that Slater's getting cut. Every year, they're wrong. I've stopped trying to make sense of it, except to figure that a lot of people are grabbing a beer and re-filling their nachos during kickoffs and punts or something.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back