PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Irvin accused of Rape

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
TMZ

This could be nothing since women have accused him of assault in the past and it amounted to no criminal charges.

Last edited:
TMZ

This could be nothing since women have accused him of assault in the past and it amounted to no criminal charges.

That doesn't mean it was nothing those other times...thing about being filthy rich is you can just pay people off.

That doesn't mean it was nothing those other times...thing about being filthy rich is you can just pay people off.
Irvin's net worth is $15M. I don't think that qualifies as filthy rich. As we've seen in some highly publicized rape accusations, being accused doesn't automatically mean one did it either.

Rape is a horrible thing. What's scary, as a man, is I've read a decent amount of stories where the claim was found to be false, so forced sex, or the claim of it, can be used as a weapon to get back at someone. And of course there are many cases where the claim is true, prisons are full of rapists. So it's just a horrible thing either way. I don't know what I'd do if a relative of mine claimed what this woman is claiming. I'd probably want to mess the guilty party up real bad.

I see we're more willing to take Irvin's side here. Interesting.

Respect, Elijah. I don't see how people suggesting not rushing to judgement equals taking Irvin's side. We've seen so many false allegations in the past. The reality is women flock to events where high profile guys will be and do a lot to be noticed. There's a lot to gain for one of the lucky ones to be chosen out of the crowd. But if they don't feel they're getting what they want out of the deal, they make claims. And frankly, it's become FAR too easy in our society for a woman to manipulate the system in these cases. Women know the law goes a long way to try to protect them (and rightfully so), and some unfortunately work that to their advantage. It's not right, but it's a reality of life.

I don't know what happened here obviously. None of us do. She could be telling the truth. But so could he. We don't know and the better thing to do would be to wait for more information, especially when the initial source is TMZ.

Last edited:
Sounds very ehh...most likely trying to get $$

Respect, Elijah. I don't see how people suggesting not rushing to judgement equals taking Irvin's side. We've seen so many false allegations in the past.

Yep, the awful thing is that wealthy, famous men are more likely to be falsely accused...AND they're more likely to get away with real crimes and misbehavior. You just have to let the investigation unfold and pray they get it right.

For every case of false allegations, there are probably two cases where people think the woman is lying for personal gain when she truly isn't. Food for thought.

We don't know anything yet. And the guy hasn't had character issues for years. I'm not gonna crucify a guy for getting accused of something until we know more.

Dude, Brady was accused (and, essentially, convicted) of masterminding a deflated football scheme with no evidence. This is also an accusation with (so far) no evidence. If you had the opinion that he's automatically guilty of the crime because he was accused of it, then you'd really be no better than Goodell.

I'm not trying to make light of the crime, but we don't yet have any reason to assume, much less confirm, guilt.

Respect. Where are you getting this ratio? Seems like more of a feeling based on no real data.

Unfortunately, and I understand this isn't a good pillar for an argument, it operates under the school of thought of how women tend to not report for fear that no one will believe them. Which obviously doesn't create data. And when you take a look at how a lot of people have been treated in rape cases, through interrogative questions and victim blaming, it's not necessarily an absurd argument.

That being said, when I have some free time at work I'll see if I can dig up some data.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back