PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Griffin, S, Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he worth a 1st round pick for us?

I don't think Safety as a priority for the Pats based on the players signed for 2007.
Safeties - (Wilson, Harrrison, Hawkins, Sanders, Andrews plus T Buck and Mitchell) and Hybrid (CB/S) players like Scott.

With this said, if the Patriots feel Nelson, Landry or Griffin are pro bowl type players (and they are available) they could be tempted to make the selction and move Wilson into a CB/S role.

Harrison won't be around much longer, Wilson is a UFA after 2008 and the rest are at best, nice players, but not difference makers.

I love Griffin especially as he's a top (pro bowl potential) Special Teams player. There's a lot of DBs this year, a good group of CB then the Landry, Griffin, Nelson, Merriewether group of Safeties. We'll have a chance at one or more for sure.

i like reggie nelson better

we need an ILB....i want vrabel back outside...

i do like griffin alot though...i think bb will pick the best player available with the first 1st rounder....then fill whatever need comes next..

He got dinged up pretty good earlier this year and that really affected his play around the middle of the season. Unless he is fully recovered and has an outstanding bowl game and combine, I think he's a mid-second round player.

He got dinged up pretty good earlier this year and that really affected his play around the middle of the season. Unless he is fully recovered and has an outstanding bowl game and combine, I think he's a mid-second round player.

i think he went from mid first to late first. hes still going to be a 1st rounder because there are needs for Safeties this year and hes a Texas DB..has upside and is a great player.

Does Griffin ever make any plays ? Through the first half of the Alamo Bowl, and various other times I've seen him, he looks wholly unimpressive. I like what I read about him but I'm still waiting to like what I see in him.

Does Griffin ever make any plays ? Through the first half of the Alamo Bowl, and various other times I've seen him, he looks wholly unimpressive. I like what I read about him but I'm still waiting to like what I see in him.

Griffen has been unimpressive all year. Misses tackles, doesn't turn and play the ball... Maybe he's been injured. He looks like a 3rd rdr.

That was a nice defense pass right there though.

texas as a whole looks rusty..Ross/Brown arent playing well either besides that 1 int by Aaron Ross

That was a nice defense pass right there though.
He finally made a few plays in the 2nd half. Still, most of the time I see him he's usually standing at the play a second or two after it or making a solid tackle way downfield. His ST ability makes him intriguing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3