PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Meyers' lateral ... why I'm mad at it

Do you have a Github by any chance? Would love to see your work
I do not. Barely have the time to keep up with this place, although it's definitely cool lurking in that community. :)

You are right….if you really watch Macs mechanics….he has to put EVERYTHING into his deep throws while Mahomes….Brady…..Rodgers (maybe not this year) and many other QB make it look effortless….Mac’s Hail Mary unfortunately would have come down at about the LV 20
Love how you guys are actually discussing the game when the point of this thread was just my random complaining about how the league's scoring was messing with the formula in my code. Was trying to lighten the mood a bit with my geek-speak ;)

Love how you guys are actually discussing the game when the point of this thread was just my random complaining about how the league's scoring was messing with the formula in my code. Was trying to lighten the mood a bit with my geek-speak ;)

Love how you’re constantly making this place even better. Some of the tools you have here (like the stat filter) is next level. Wish the Bills forums did half of what you do.

You are right….if you really watch Macs mechanics….he has to put EVERYTHING into his deep throws while Mahomes….Brady…..Rodgers (maybe not this year) and many other QB make it look effortless….Mac’s Hail Mary unfortunately would have come down at about the LV 20
Not true.
Jones throws 55-60 yd Hail Mary's before every game. He could've easily reached the end zone.

Love how you’re constantly making this place even better. Some of the tools you have here (like the stat filter) is next level. Wish the Bills forums did half of what you do.
Thanks. And it's fun. As I said in another thread, I started the stat thing because I got frustrated with the fact I couldn't get the parameters I wanted elsewhere easily, so I started logging everything and set one up myself with exactly what I needed, and it sort of grew from there. There's also a new area coming that I'm still tinkering with that's Reddit-esque, which hopefully will be done at some point.

But overall, just always trying to keep things interesting in here. :cool:

One other thing. If Stevenson and Meyers did take matters into their own hands and do those laterals on their own, it tells me the players have no faith in the coaching staff. This tells me that they did not trust Patricia or one of the Belichicks to put the Patriots in position to win in overtime.

Ian posted a thread a few days ago about a throw in the Cards post game thread where he showed Mac throwing a pass where he didn't even step into it very hard. Twenty yards in .76 sec., that's 54 mph average. Release velocity should be 3-4 mph higher than that. Josh Allen has the record at 62 mph. Only 3 other QBs have even hit 60. QBs at the combine are trying to show their talent, and a strong arm is prized so the velocities given in this article should be accurate. Your statement is ridiculous.

That play is apparently scored as a zero carry and a negative rush, which messes up the code on the stats page, and now I have to rewrite it so that the totals add up and it sorts correctly.

Couldn't have just gone down ... (sigh)
Is this angst the fuel that spawned your "Daniel Jones is a Golden God" thread?

Ten other players were set and they all knew the snap count and went precisely at the snap.
Sorry, but you're wrong.

Just watched the replay. Neither Thornton, Meyers, nor Agholor were set for the required second when Jones had the ball snapped to him.
Meyers and Agholor had just been set for like a half-second and Thornton was still talking to Smith. Thornton had actually told Smith to MOVE which is what led to the false start. So if it wasn't Smith getting it, it would have been Thornton.
The only people who moved at the snap were the 5 O-Line, Jones, and whomever the RB was (The NFL replay made it hard to see who it was).

Is this angst the fuel that spawned your "Daniel Jones is a Golden God" thread?
LOL, I wouldn't say Golden God, but while I was updating the picks contest, it was surprising to see the contrast in his numbers and the fact the Giants have managed to make such a push in Daboll's first year. When you take an average QB and turn him into a player who has had a relatively consistent year, it's obviously a big change from the results they had under a prior coach who isn't faring quite as well with a player and an offense that was far better a season ago ;)

This made me laugh which is good because I have been in shock since. I keep repeating the play in disbelief to my wife and she has gotten sick of hearing about it.

LOL, I wouldn't say Golden God, but while I was updating the picks contest, it was surprising to see the contrast in his numbers and the fact the Giants have managed to make such a push in Daboll's first year. When you take an average QB and turn him into a player who has had a relatively consistent year, it's obviously a big change from the results they had under a prior coach who isn't faring quite as well with a player and an offense that was far better a season ago ;)
Contrast?
Big change?
The stats you posted display a minimal uptick and an abysmal TD pass total
His 2022 QBR is is 2.8 pts higher than his 2019 rookie season.
There are better hills to die on than Daniel Jones Ridge

Contrast?
Big change?
The stats you posted display a minimal uptick and an abysmal TD pass total
His 2022 QBR is is 2.8 pts higher than his 2019 rookie season.
There are better hills to die on than Daniel Jones Ridge
Not saying I'm willing to die on it. I just looked quickly at his numbers after I saw the Giants won while I was updating the picks contest this morning. I was just surprised.

I mean, the Giants were 4-13 last year, and they're 8-5-1 this year. All the talk here had me curious to see where he was stats-wise and the kid's thrown just 4 picks (a career low), has a 66% completion total (career-high), and also has a career-high rushing yards total of 583yds (about 200 yards better than his best year) with a career-high rushing TD total of 5. I also didn't realize he's also rushed for 47 first downs, which is way higher than anything he had previously, and his percentage there (44.8%) is the highest it's been since his rookie year.

Again, I was just making a comment in passing about the fact Daboll's made a decent QB serviceable. I'm not saying Daniel Jones went from a mediocre QB to an elite one. I was just pointing out that a decent coach turned an OK QB into a better and more productive all-around player and that having a decent offensive-minded coach does make a difference.

He's squeezing the most he can out of the kid. That's really about all you can ask for.

But overall, just always trying to keep things interesting in here. :cool:

This place is always (ahem) 'interesting' enough all by itself, especially over the past couple of years. No extra effort on your part is required to keep it that way, this 2022 Pats team is doing all the heavy lifting in that regard.
For the record though, when it comes to injecting 'humor' I acknowledge you are indeed 'just always trying.' Sometimes even very trying :evil:

I actually laughed out loud when Chandler Jones caught it and made his way to the end zone. I was only mad and disappointed to the extent that I wanted a good game to continue into overtime. But if the Patriots were an actual Super Bowl contender and they blew a game like that to impact seeding or a 1st round BYE, I'd probably feel different about it.

After watching it several times…this definitely ranks right up there with the DUMBEST decisions/plays in the HISTORY of the NFL……I would love to know in all honestly if Meyers went “rogue” like he did….or if Fatt Matt or BB thought this RIDICULOUS plan might work…..but we will Never know! We, BB and the team will forever have to endure replays of this WORST PLAY of all time however …..like the Butt fumble or the fake punt by Indy….
I felt like having Rham run a draw was desperation enough. It's like Patricia realizes the only reason he's not already fired is Rham and thought he'd go back to that well for another potential miracle.

I actually laughed out loud when Chandler Jones caught it and made his way to the end zone. I was only mad and disappointed to the extent that I wanted a good game to continue into overtime. But if the Patriots were an actual Super Bowl contender and they blew a game like that to impact seeding or a 1st round BYE, I'd probably feel different about it.
The Miami Miracle was worse to me.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft