Meet the HC of next weeks game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordberg

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Josh McDaniels

I kidd....I kidd.....kinda

Josh knows the strength and weaknesses of about 80% of that team. What a huge help he's going to be next week.

I don't want to sound too ****y....but talk about the planets aligning.

Last edited:
It's almost like BB was clairvoyant. He could have just made arrangements for Josh to come in fresh after the season. Instead, the guy who was the freakin head coach of next week's opponent is joining the Pats' staff tomorrow. :D

How much does McDaniels know about the new Denver defense and offense? Within 1 hour, this McDaniels thing has been way over played on this forum.

We should have some pretty decent knowledge of some of those players on that Denver team, however let's not kid ourselves. Since their 1-4 start, the Denver Broncos right now under John Fox are a very different team from it was in 2010, that now plays smash mouth running football, and is also tough on defense.

It's almost like BB was clairvoyant.

"Almost like..."

You haters just kill me.

Obviously he's clairvoyant, like we didn't know that already...........

BB knows more about Tebow and Thomas at this point then Josh does it's a new offense and Defense

How much does McDaniels know about the new Denver defense and offense? Within 1 hour, this McDaniels thing has been way over played on this forum.

Scheme-wise? Almost nothing. Individual players-wise? A lot, actually. He knows guys weaknesses and strong points and can point us in the direction of good matchups to explore and things of the sort. For example, he drafted and coached Tim Tebow, you think he doesn't know which kinds of coverages he struggles against? Which throws he can and can't make? That can help us a lot.

Scheme-wise? Almost nothing. Individual players-wise? A lot, actually. He knows guys weaknesses and strong points and can point us in the direction of good matchups to explore and things of the sort. For example, he drafted and coached Tim Tebow, you think he doesn't know which kinds of coverages he struggles against? Which throws he can and can't make? That can help us a lot.

None of that is on film. Whew.

None of that is on film. Whew.

You think film can translate a player's weaknessess as well as personal coaching experience with him? Really? You don't think the fact McDaniels spent an extended period of time with those players can speed up scouting and preparation in the least? Okay, then.

This thread is silly. Josh might know some things about individual player tendencies that could be helpful, but that's about it. Tebow, for instance, is a much different animal than he was last year. His biggest contribution will be in routine type stuff that coaches do and filling in where BOB needs time off.

We should have some pretty decent knowledge of some of those players on that Denver team, however let's not kid ourselves. Since their 1-4 start, the Denver Broncos right now under John Fox are a very different team from it was in 2010, that now plays smash mouth running football, and is also tough on defense.

Yeah, the knowledge we have from playing them a month ago is probably more relevant, but it can't hurt.

McDaniels' talent evaluation was vindicated tonight, at least in fair portion. I wonder if that'll ever get recognized by the Denver fan base and front office.

Alot of you are over looking this I think

Don't you guys remember a few years back when Bill had Shannahan come to one of the Pats practices? I think I remember Bill picking his brain on how he (M. Shannahan) would attack the Patriots.

Bill had said he has done that every year with ex coaches. Don't you think a good coach wants to know how another looks at his football team.

Josh is going to be a huge help on BOTH sides of the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents