PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Media speculation: Cassel draws interest [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: cassel......to the vikings?

Who's Chad Greenway? (Forgive my ignorance, don't really pay attention to the Purple-Dudes unless they're on a primetime game).

1st and 3rd sounds good, but an extra second next year might be better investment. We can still only have 53 on the roster.

greenway is their starting MLB........he would fit well next to mayo......iowa product which means he's a tough bastid.......he was a 1st round draft pick a few years back

I like what we would be getting in the trade, imagine us getting Tom back and get 2 ist round picks 2 second round picks and 3 3rd round picks (one compensatory for samuel), I know i'm just dreaming right now, but we could draft an entirely new defense :D

I'd kind of like to move one of the picks out until next year

greenway is their starting MLB........he would fit well next to mayo......iowa product which means he's a tough bastid.......he was a 1st round draft pick a few years back

Ah, cool. Why do we think he might be trade-fodder?

greenway

I liked him out of college but has had some seriuos injuries to knees. Out his whole rookie year........

Take the picks and get a new one.

Still Like San Fran for picks and clements

Ah, cool. Why do we think he might be trade-fodder?

just the notion that if a team wants a franchise QB, they might be willing to offer a player ...... I put him up there as the player I would want from them in that situation that they MIGHT give up

Who's Chad Greenway? (Forgive my ignorance, don't really pay attention to the Purple-Dudes unless they're on a primetime game).
Greenway was one of the three LBs that many posters here were screaming to draft back in '06 ... along with Bobby Carpenter and Manny Lawson. He ended up going about 5 picks before ours came up, Carpenter too. Lawson was still on the board when our pick came around when we grabbed Maroney instead.

Greenway was one of the three LBs that many posters here were screaming to draft back in '06 ... along with Bobby Carpenter and Manny Lawson. He ended up going about 5 picks before ours came up, Carpenter too. Lawson was still on the board when our pick came around when we grabbed Maroney instead.

Ah, I see. As an aside, I think Maroney will do us proud this year.

Re: greenway

I liked him out of college but has had some seriuos injuries to knees. Out his whole rookie year........

Just to clear this up.. He had 1 serious injury 3 years ago.. His rookie year.. In 2007 and 2008 he has played a total of 32 games and average 100 tackles per year..

I would take him in a second.. 6-2 242lbs.. And he was rated high the year he came out..

brady was out a whole year because of a knee.....get rid of him *END SARCASM*

it was a torn ACL........he's played in every game since.........it is not an issue anymore

Not to burst the Greenway bubble, but wouldn't trading away a starter sort of undermine the idea of the Vikings making a Super Bowl push right now? Usually, when the argument is "we just need that one more piece", the solution is not to swap one piece for another and just change areas of weakness.

i think you might want to check out clements' contract. i dont think youd want him after seeing it

Not to burst the Greenway bubble, but wouldn't trading away a starter sort of undermine the idea of the Vikings making a Super Bowl push right now? Usually, when the argument is "we just need that one more piece", the solution is not to swap one piece for another and just change areas of weakness.

ssshhhhh......its the same team that traded for herschel walker

it all depends on the front office and a) the desire for cassel and b)FO philosophy of wanting to keep draft picks ..... like I said, he would be the player of MY choice that they MIGHT deal

I agree with you but I think if you look at the overall picture, repacing Greenway and giving up a 1st day draft pick would be easier to do than finding a QB. The draft is deep with LBer's and there is a few in Free Agency that can fit the bill..

Access Vikings: Blog Archive Favre, Vikings talk continues

it starts about brett favre scenarios and the viking, but mentions growing speculation that the vikes are going to make a serious push for cassel

maybe a 1st and a 3rd this year or a 1st this year and a 2nd next year or maybe their 1st and chad greenway?

I want picks only and I don't think those picks from the Vikings are good enough. They're picking one spot ahead of the Pats this year and with a good Qb it could be a worse position next year. Plus BB should get a pound of flesh from them for grabbing Garrett Mills. I'd like to see them get high enough to grab Curry and another high second rounder. It's easy to underestimate Cassel's worth but every college Qb is a possible bust and IMO, even in a capped league he's worth more than an unproven player. Especially when looking at the deal Ryan signed last year as the third overall pick...6 yrs 72mil making him the 4th highest paid player in the league. Ryan panned out but plenty of others haven't. Cassel sees the field well, can run, is tough, smart, has a strong arm, is competitive and can make all the throws. Including several long balls dropped by Moss and Gaffney that were well thrown.

I want picks only and I don't think those picks from the Vikings are good enough. They're picking one spot ahead of the Pats this year and with a good Qb it could be a worse position next year. Plus BB should get a pound of flesh from them for grabbing Garrett Mills. I'd like to see them get high enough to grab Curry and another high second rounder. It's easy to underestimate Cassel's worth but every college Qb is a possible bust and IMO, even in a capped league he's worth more than an unproven player. Especially when looking at the deal Ryan signed last year as the third overall pick...6 yrs 72mil making him the 4th highest paid player in the league. Ryan panned out but plenty of others haven't. Cassel sees the field well, can run, is tough, smart, has a strong arm, is competitive and can make all the throws. Including several long balls dropped by Moss and Gaffney that were well thrown.

Lol, Garrett Mills. That's a good one.

It makes a lot of sense.

The Vikings could win their division with Cassel, Peterson, and a strong D.

Greenway is a good player but I believe an OLB. Would take a first rounder and Greenway in a minute.
DW Toys

You are ignoring the first rule of internet trade talk. It only has to make sense for the team that you support - in this case the Patriots. The fact that trading Greenway makes no sense for the Vikings is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News