PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

mcfadden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing LSU in triple OT, with the one chance to score two points on a running play, who do you think Arkansas gave the ball to? No, he was on the bench. Previously, there was also a crucial running play to keep the game going, who do you think the Razorbacks gave the ball to? No, he was on the bench. If Mcfadden is the franchise runner some people say he is, why isn't he at least on the field in critical plays, let alone carrying the ball. The other two running backs had huge games and a high yards per carry avg. Kind of makes me wonder how good is Mcfadden. I pass, and trade down.

I think you weren't watching the game very closely. McFadden scored a critical TD in one of the OTS. Then he gained a critical 1st down in another one which led directly to a fairly easy 1 yard FB dive TD. Gee he wasn't on the field but he set up that TD don't fool yourself. Football is a team game. Arkansas has 3 good backs and spreads it around so that McFadden isn't all worn out when they need him. So for at least 2 of 3 OT TDs McFadden was directly involved or set it up. The only he wasn't responsible for directly, the QB threw a TD pass. Oh and before OT started McFadden was the one who threw the go ahead TD pass to make it 28-21 Razorbacks. Who do you think you are fooling? McFadden DOMINATED this game.

Last edited:
I'm glad you all enjoy Mcfadden so much. Hope you have Direct TV so you can catch him playing for someone other then New England next year.

I'm glad you all enjoy Mcfadden so much. Hope you have Direct TV so you can catch him playing for someone other then New England next year.

Thank you for sharing the future with us Dionne Warwicke. :rolleyes:

As far as picking McFadden, I would love to, but it really doesn't make sense. We are putting up such high point totals, our offense is golden, our defense is strong, but nowhere near golden (especially in the red zone) and it is aging, the pick has to be a defensive player.

As far a McFadden's character, I remember last season he got in a fight outside a club and broke his toe, and cost Arkansas their opening game against USC. However, after the incident he learned his lesson and I remember watching something on CBS where his teammates were talking about how he won't even go out at night anymore during the season.

Last edited:
Conspiracy theory against the Pats?
Nobody will trade with us?
I seriously doubt it.
Mcfadden before he even touches an NFL field will sell more jerseys than any other player in this draft.
That in it's own right the revenue long time it can create is enough for some team to pull the trigger and bring him on any means necessary.
There is also the other fact that teams who feel they are one superstar away from being a have instead of have nots.
You know the Houston Texans, the Detroit Lions looking for the closest thing they perceive to be the closest thing to Barry Sanders.
A cowboy team that is bounced out of the playoff's or loses the superbowl to a certain someone that spanked them bad at home this season in the American Football Conference.
There will be a line of teams lining up for Mcfadden but hear is my outlook.
Who says the Dolphins won't trade down?
They need players in every position and the smartest thing that franchise could do is trade down in the draft.
Now we have to also realize this isn't the brightest front office in the NFL.
So more than likely they will grant Aqua's wish and draft the immortal Dorsey.
Who I see as the next John Sullivan instead of a Wilfork or Hampton.

So to sum this up you think Miami takes Dorsey and the Pats end up with the rights to McFadden? Sounds good to me. If I were the Pats I would demand a kings ransom for the rights to McFadden. If that doesn't get paid, I wouldn't feel bad at all about pulling the trigger and drafting him for the Pats. Either the Pats get the deal of the 21st century or they get a stud, franchise RB. WIN-WIN.

Conspiracy theory against the Pats?
Nobody will trade with us?
I seriously doubt it.
Mcfadden before he even touches an NFL field will sell more jerseys than any other player in this draft.
That in it's own right the revenue long time it can create is enough for some team to pull the trigger and bring him on any means necessary.
There is also the other fact that teams who feel they are one superstar away from being a have instead of have nots.
You know the Houston Texans, the Detroit Lions looking for the closest thing they perceive to be the closest thing to Barry Sanders.
A cowboy team that is bounced out of the playoff's or loses the superbowl to a certain someone that spanked them bad at home this season in the American Football Conference.
There will be a line of teams lining up for Mcfadden but hear is my outlook.
Who says the Dolphins won't trade down?
They need players in every position and the smartest thing that franchise could do is trade down in the draft.
Now we have to also realize this isn't the brightest front office in the NFL.
So more than likely they will grant Aqua's wish and draft the immortal Dorsey.
Who I see as the next John Sullivan instead of a Wilfork or Hampton.

McFadden did well in a game? Well, after fumbling 3 times?

Sign him up for 8M per year!

BB will dump the pick for 50 cents on the dollar, because he realizes McFadden is worth 30 cents on the dollar.

VJ idiot will howl, but BB won't care.

Sign him up for 8M per year!

BB will dump the pick for 50 cents on the dollar, because he realizes McFadden is worth 30 cents on the dollar.

VJ idiot will howl, but BB won't care.

Well he entered the game having fumbled twice total all year. Its amusing the evaluations some people are making on this player when they are outright admitting.."Oh I turned on the LSU/Arkansas game when I heard it was tight in the 4th quarter, and wasn't that impressed with McFadden..yadda yadda.."

200+ yards against the #1 team ? Nuff said. The guy is a stud, I don't care what anyone says, he should be this year's Heisman winner. Do the Pats take him if he's there ? Only Belichick and Pioli know. If I were the GM (and thank God I'm not !!), I try to trade down and get someone like Laurenitis. Imagine a guy like him, being taught by Belichick, Bruschi & and possibly Seau, and Pepper Johnson, wow !! If we draft McFadden, I wouldn't be disappointed though, he would be sick in this offense. He would upgrade the running game big time, and give us another threat in the return game (despite the fumbles against LSU). He could also throw the ball once in a while, and catches the ball pretty well. It's a tough call, though I'm very happy to be in this position possibly owning a top 5 pick. Either way, it's a win-win, top 5 pick, or a bounty of picks.

200+ yards against the #1 team ? Nuff said. The guy is a stud, I don't care what anyone says, he should be this year's Heisman winner. Do the Pats take him if he's there ? Only Belichick and Pioli know. If I were the GM (and thank God I'm not !!), I try to trade down and get someone like Laurenitis. Imagine a guy like him, being taught by Belichick, Bruschi & and possibly Seau, and Pepper Johnson, wow !! If we draft McFadden, I wouldn't be disappointed though, he would be sick in this offense. He would upgrade the running game big time, and give us another threat in the return game (despite the fumbles against LSU). He could also throw the ball once in a while, and catches the ball pretty well. It's a tough call, though I'm very happy to be in this position possibly owning a top 5 pick. Either way, it's a win-win, top 5 pick, or a bounty of picks.

Great point. It's obvious that a lot of people, like the poster below did not watch the whole ballgame. 200+ yards and 3 TDs is a GREAT performance against the #1 team in college football. BTW Dorsey, a highly regarded (top 5) defensive player was playing for LSU but could do nothing to stop the DMAC running machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes