PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McDaniels: We're not going to put up 13 points tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: McDaniels:We're not going to put up 13 points tomorrow

Belichick gives TONS of leeway to his coordinators, look at how different our defense has looked under Romeo, Mangini, and Pees. During games Belichick basically doesn't even tell McDaniels what to do, the OC is running the show.

As I said, McDaniels comes in with good game plans, like we saw yesterday. I am speaking generally that he still has flaws, such as in-game adjustments IF it isn't working.

But if this has been happening for as long as you say (which I won't deny is happening, I just don't think it's that big a deal), at some point BB would put a stop to it... if he disagreed with it philosophically, which he doesn't seem to.

Middle of a game, I agree with you, he's not going to go over his coordinator's head. Over the course of a several years, you better believe he'd step in if he felt it was ineffective.

But if this has been happening for as long as you say (which I won't deny is happening, I just don't think it's that big a deal), at some point BB would put a stop to it... if he disagreed with it philosophically, which he doesn't seem to.

Middle of a game, I agree with you, he's not going to go over his coordinator's head. Over the course of a several years, you better believe he'd step in if he felt it was ineffective.

*cough* Mangini *cough* :mad:

I'm thinking McDaniels and Cassel leave together to the same team and become a pretty good HC/QB combo. If they do hopefully, it'll be to an NFC squad.

I'm thinking McDaniels and Cassel leave together to the same team and become a pretty good HC/QB combo. If they do hopefully, it'll be to an NFC squad.

Sounds like a good pair for the Vikings.

I would love to hear our D coordinator telling the team that we will not let anybody put up 15 points.

I would love to hear our D coordinator telling the team that we will not let anybody put up 15 points.

This definitely deserves to be in this thread...

Take your umbrella to another thread, it's sunny in this one!

I hope that we will continue to perform at this level in the next 5 games.

Owners who might be concerned that Cassel thrives in McDaniels' system will address that concern in the obvious way - hence McDaniels and Cassel will likely be a package deal.

Frankly, I'm not sure that McDaniels has the mindset or personality to be as tough as a head coach needs to be - especially a head coach who will be younger than some players... but chances are someone will be willing to take a chance on him, especially a team that wants to see Cassel do well in their organization.

Beyond that I wouldn't read too much into a bold prediction that the Patriots would score more than 13 points. I seem to recall Tom Brady scoffing at the notion that they'd be held to 17 points in the Super Bowl and that didn't turn out so great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST