PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McDaniels rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffd

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
If the rumors about him and the Raiders were true we should hear something within a few days. I think this is a great opportunity for him. He could get it because more qualified guys don't want it. But think about it for a second... First off, to be offered a HC job at his age is something he can't turn down. Next, the Raiders defense is solid and the offense has a few weapons, while they are in position to draft whichever QB they want (something new HC's drool over). And so what you want about Al Davis, the guy is committed to winning. He might go about it wrong, but he'll try to give his coaches the tools to win.

Yeah, we'll know soon enough. I know there's a lot of anti-McDaniels sentiment right now but once The Twig walked out he was fighting uphill all season.

If the rumors about him and the Raiders were true we should hear something within a few days. I think this is a great opportunity for him. He could get it because more qualified guys don't want it. But think about it for a second... First off, to be offered a HC job at his age is something he can't turn down. Next, the Raiders defense is solid and the offense has a few weapons, while they are in position to draft whichever QB they want (something new HC's drool over). And so what you want about Al Davis, the guy is committed to winning. He might go about it wrong, but he'll try to give his coaches the tools to win.

One good reason not to take that job: Al Davis as an owner <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Robert Kraft as an owner. [And I probably need a few more "<"s.]

Al Davis should focus on a guy who openly wants the Raiders job like Rob Ryan. The Raiders look like a joke every year when they focus on these up and comers and they get turned down because Al Davis won't let them pick their staff or have personnel say.

I see McDaniels turning down the job because it is the worst job in football and it would be a slap in the face to Ryan who Belichick has a relationship with if not McDaniels himself.

The problem with McDaniels leaving would be integrating yet another coordinator into a team that would benefit from stability. On the other hand, McDaniels strikes me as nothing really special - WR difficulties or not - and if he goes we might end up with someone much more talented.

Last edited:

The problem with davis is that he favors the players over the coach. (hence the dicipline problems) Davis will never release his grip, so the raiders are screwed until he does!

I am sooo hoping McDaniels leaves.

Offense could use a good shake up.

Good bye..and good luck...

I want him to stay, I can't say he was very good this year, but he wasn't the horrible play caller people are describing , what he needs is more seasoning, I hope he doesn't commit career suicide by going to the raiders. He is only 30 years old..he will keep learning, and I wish for some stability in the coaching staff, all this turn over can't be good for the team.

no question mcdaniels should take this oakland job ASAP.

McDaniels needs to go. The guy is not a good offensive coordinator. I also wouldn't mind seeing Watson traded for a draft pick.

Take the Oakland job, Josh.

You owe Pats Fans a lifetime of debt for that second half playcalling.

Oakland is not a good situation for any coach until after Davis is out of there. I think Josh has done a good job. If he left I believe Daboll would be elevated. I don't see Vinny as a player.

JM is not a top tier OC.
So how he could be offered a HC job is unbelievable.
I also think he knows it. No way would be want to blow up his blossoming career by taking "the worst" job in the NFL in Oakland.

I also dont think BB wants JM to leave. JM provides him "good leverage" in the offense. I dont for a minute think that JM dreams up these gameplans and calls plays however he wants. BB is the mastermind on all this.

That said JM isnt adding anywhere near as much and Charlie did. (He takes more than his fair share of beatings on this board. Only partially deserving)

All in all, I think the continuity for BB of having JM stay will be good for the club. Even though he's not inspiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes