PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty's Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
You had him at Hello.

I'll back you up that you did seem to put a disclaimer in there. :)

Thank you. Yeah, I'm like, obviously there are no good times to have a separated shoulder, but *IF IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN*, this would be the "best" time of the year for it to happen....facing the easiest part of the schedule, going up against lesser passing teams, but with a maximum amount of time to heal for the playoffs.

Seems pretty simple what I said and yet....... :bricks:

bring back OTIS!!

seriously, who's available out there if McCourty misses a few weeks?

bring back OTIS!!

seriously, who's available out there if McCourty misses a few weeks?

Edelman. Great hit on LT. Probably is quick enough to cover WRs (considering that he is a WR himself). Since he doesn't do much on offense, I definitely would consider pulling a Troy Brown and giving him reps at CB.

I ragged on Bill Belichick this past couple of weeks, but yesterday was one of the best coaching jobs I have seen in recent years. To put up that kind of defensive performance with the personnel we had on the defensive backfield was masterful. If McCourty is out for an extended period of time, I'm at least confident they won't just completely fall apart.

Did you even read my post?

I read your post.... so???

I stand by what I said.. there are no easy teams in the NFL. When you are one of the best, then their is added incentive to dethrone the best.

I ragged on Bill Belichick this past couple of weeks, but yesterday was one of the best coaching jobs I have seen in recent years. To put up that kind of defensive performance with the personnel we had on the defensive backfield was masterful. If McCourty is out for an extended period of time, I'm at least confident they won't just completely fall apart.

As much as I agree, the concern is that once other teams have time to study game films.. our weaknesses may become more apparent.

One of our advantages last night, was what we did was different with new personnel...

VERY worried about this one. Desptie the bad rap he is getting he has been as good over the last 6 weeks as he was last year.
Didn't he play with a bad injury last year?

McCourty has not been nearly as bad as people make out, but is still not playing as good as last year, and certainly not for the last six weeks.

I fully agree.

He should definitely go back to being a full-time coach.

I read your post.... so???

I stand by what I said.. there are no easy teams in the NFL. When you are one of the best, then their is added incentive to dethrone the best.

Ivanamp: ".....(not that there is a "good" time for anything like that)......Again, this stinks on a host of levels........"

DarrylS: "Disagree there is no good time, and there are no easy opponents.. On any given Sunday.."

Dude, you pulled a DI there.

Man up - - you ran right over his disclaimer that was written in clear, understandable English.

Everyone saw it, so you're fooling no one.

Honestly, it's not a crime to say "Oops, my bad".

Last edited:
Yes, we looked bad without that probowler .

Sanchez tthrhrew 300 yards

Shame about Mccourty, hopefully the defence can keep on improving...

INJ-Seperated Shoulder for McCourty

per roto

New England Patriots Team News - Rotoworld.com

Devin McCourty - DB - Patriots

Patriots CB Devin McCourty suffered a separated right shoulder in Sunday night's win over the Jets, according to WBZ-TV.
It's another hit for the Patriots' battered secondary. According to NFL Network's Albert Breer, McCourty will be out "at least a few weeks." Look for benched nickelback Antwaun Molden to end up as a starter opposite ex-special teamer Kyle Arrington. The Patriots are giving up 308.9 passing yards per game, worst in the NFL.
Source: Albert Breer on Twitter
Nov 14 - 8:50 AM

Last edited:
Yes, we looked bad without that probowler .

Sanchez tthrhrew 300 yards

I can not think of one Jet offensive player who stood out, none. Are you nominating Sanchez?

He made a great play on the ball on the play he was injured!! It was really just a boneheaded play by Moore, and cost them 15 yards!

McCourty is made of glass!!!

A 'separated shoulder' can be anything from back in the lineup next week to IR. It's useless speculating until there are some test results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back