PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty to stay with Patriots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tentatively happy. Now I want confirmation and, more importantly, DETAILS!!!

My sources are saying it's a done deal.

More on Revis as soon as I get 3 confirmations.

I wish I had sources. How do I get them?

All you need is a twitter account. Then you can have as many sources as your imagination can ctreate just like most media members.

AWESOME!

The patriots did right. They franchised Gostkowski at a comfortable cap cost and will see if they can sign him to a long term deal. If not, they'll probably franchise him again next year. The team took this approach to AV in the past.

The team decided NOT to franchise McCourty. They did NOT want him on a one-year rental for $9.5M. Belichick allowed him to see what others would offer him. And now, as so many here have said after the lack of a franchise tag, McCourty had a decision to make.

Hope it is friendly enough to keep Revis. He confirmed with Curran though. So happy!

Awesome Devin now let's get Revis, then work on Spiller.

7009b2908564a538bc57c79cae68eb81.jpg

That means Revis is leaving. Most likely.

Not true. Tom Curran already said a few hours ago that the chances of the Pats locking up both players was good.

I'm thrilled. Hopefully some of the chicken littles will step off the ledge. Whatever happens with Revis this one feels good. Devin is a true Patriot and It would've sucked to see him in another jersey. :)

Many here have said that Belichick doesn't lose his youngsters going for their 2nd contract if he really want to keep them. I'm certainly glad that they were right.

Speak for yourself. ;) *

I figured they'd keep Revis at just about any cost and let McCourty walk because the price would be too dear. Still confident they'll keep Revis, so I'm decidedly happy about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST