PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty or Bodden

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could care less how young Arrington is, he wont be better than Bodden even at his age. There has been too many times i've thrown something at my TV because of Arrington's terrible coverage and abilities to give up big plays.

Last edited:
McCourty has greater upside than Bodden due to his youth.

Bodden date of birth - 9/24/81
McCourty date of birth - 8/13/87

I've watched Bodden most of his career since Cleveland and then the Lions. He was my darkhorse when the Patriots signed him. I just have a feeling Butler / Arrington have the ability to replace him. Especially with the playing time they're getting and another training camp. Relax buddy.

Thats the problem with Butler. He has the ball skills and the physical talent.

It's between the ears that needs work.

How quickly people forget Bodden's 2009 season.

McCourty will remain the Pats #1 receiver at LCB, ie lined up on the other team's #1 receiver. And Bodden will resume his role as the starter at RCB since that appears to be his natural position. So our secondary should be even better in 2011 with an improved McCourty and a healthy Bodden.

I don't understand your question, when bodden comes back next season he will most likely regain his role as the RCB and devin will keep his as the LCB

Yeah, I'm confused. Why choose between them when both will be playing at the same time at their natural spots?

And I think Butler has the quickness to be a very good slot corner. Maybe I'm crazy, but if he could do that, our corner situation would be amazing.

Mccourty and Bodden will be our best duo in a while.

Thats the problem with Butler. He has the ball skills and the physical talent.

It's between the ears that needs work.

Would Bulter be better in the Safety position?

I'm not happy with Arringtons' play last 3 games.. He's gotten burn on 3rd-long for a number of times..

Would Bulter be better in the Safety position?

No clue. Seems like he has the ball skills and agility to be a good CB. That was the opposite question with Geno Wilson. He was a CB at Illinois, but had the size to play FS. My impression is that Butler doesn't tackle like Geno when he played well in 03 and 04 so FS isnt an option. Butler needs to be more disciplined in this D and listen to the coaches. Thats his problem.

I'm not happy with Arringtons' play last 3 games.. He's gotten burn on 3rd-long for a number of times..

Seems that way. Hes like the utility OF that plays great for 6 weeks but crashes down to earth when he goes 1 for his last 23. Might be the same case here. Teams are starting to see through the cracks with him.

Last edited:
Bodden even as the best CB last year played RCB. I doubt that will change. I think McCourty will be better, but Bodden will stop teams from just picking on a weak link. I think Bodden has 2-3 years being able to play at a high level. His season ending injury was an upper body injury so he should be able to come back next year and be 100% right off the bat.

There is no reason to choose betweeen our starting corners.

The real question is the value of Arrington, Butler and Wilhite. Do we have solid backups at RCB and LCB? Do we have a solid nickel?

One of the very best patriot success stories this year is the coaching of the corners.

We could have been toast without Bodden. Instead the secondary is about average in production in crunch time.

Last edited:
Seems that way. Hes like the utility OF that plays great for 6 weeks but crashes down to earth when he goes 1 for his last 23. Might be the same case here. Teams are starting to see through the cracks with him.

Daniel Nava??? :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back