PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty did less than Kuechly and got called [PICTURE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! If Gronk takes a dive and brings Kuechly down with him while his arms are wrapped around Gronk, it's not even a debate, no need for the refs to even huddle up. 1st down at the 1 yard line for the Pats and one un-timed down.

Again, how can you complain that he didn't sell it enough. The ref threw the flippin' flag!

Again, how can you complain that he didn't sell it enough. The ref threw the flippin' flag!

He got one refs attention, but in that situation you need to get ALL OF the refs on your side. It apparently just wasn't enough, although I wish it had been..

He got one refs attention, but in that situation you need to get ALL OF the refs on your side. It apparently just wasn't enough, although I wish it had been..

jiFfM.jpg

you guys are ridiculous. Who in their right mind could think Olsen was doing the holding on that play?

I'm sorry the game ended the way it did.

To the folks here with a bloated sense of entitlement: enjoy your loss, you deserve it.

To the rest of you: good game.

The pic clearly shows he was. The contact McCourty made was within five yards of the LOS. I bad mouthed McCourty before seeing the replay in the game thread last night. When I saw the replay, I knew he was wrong. Enjoy the win last night, but the reffing was shoddy at best and the non-call on Gronk is the end zone was absolutely egregious. But even you admitted that yourself.

It should have been an easy pass inteference call on Luke, but we lost because Cam and the boys controlled clock. Brady was amazing last night, but they kept him on the bench.

The McCourty play happened right in front of you didn't it? I could see that call was BS from my seat.

Yep, and it was clear as day that he was the only one looking back going for the underthrown ball while the WR was running him over: I didn't see any holding (which was the call, I believe). It was clearly offensive PI from my (limited) perspective. I was really pissed from that moment on in the game.

But then when Brady throws Gronk an underthrown ball, and Grank is getting r@ped in the end zone, it gets called but then retracted? Freaking BS!

Then again, picking over every bad call is the loser's vocation, is it not? Excuses are for those who need them.

It should have been an easy pass inteference call on Luke, but we lost because Cam and the boys controlled clock. Brady was amazing last night, but they kept him on the bench.

What???? Pats had more time of possession.

Pats lost because Ridley fumbled, horrible call against McCourty on 3rd and 7 and that atrocious decision to pick up the flag at the end.

im still not over the absolute screw job we got last night.

Everyone thinks it was a bad non-call except the ref team that made it, and people that hate the patriots.

There were two potential penalties that could have been called illegal contact after 5 yards, and DPI, and the fact that neither of them were called is absolutely insane.

Not the only reason we lost, but much like the jets game, it took the game out of the players hands and the refs made the gave it away.

Turned a potential Classic(even if the pats lose the game up til that point was a pretty great game, and having everything come down to 1 play from the 1 yard line) into a piece of garbage.

we can sit here and say the pats didn't do enough to win the game.....except that's bogus

this was a tight game between two very good teams.....pats had the ball last, moved it up the field and put themselves in position to have a play from the 1 with no time left to score (and win)......not much of a margin, mind you, but it was there

yes, they left plays on the field.....but they also put themselves in position to have a chance at the win.....all you can ask for in a tight game with a good team

except the officiating crew got raisin-hearted, and didn't have the balls to make the correct call

they would have tossed the flag in the first quarter....or with 4:00 left.....so why not on the last play of the game?

yep.....Pats could have, and should have, played better.....but they DID do enough to be in position to win it.......problem is, the officiating crew didn't do enough to allow that

sour grapes? whining?

no, just reality

There were two potential penalties that could have been called illegal contact after 5 yards, and DPI, and the fact that neither of them were called is absolutely insane.

To me there is also the question of if Lester illegal contacted Gronk as well. He puts his hands on Gronk and pushed him aside while Kucechly starts to initiate contact which allows him to make a play on the ball.

How a ball is deemed uncatchable when a defender that was further away makes a play on the ball is really quite baffling.

here's the point of first contact by Kuechly.....ball is in the air, Lester is already breaking on the ball

BZa_2IlCQAA6Dag.png

here's the point of first contact by Kuechly.....ball is in the air, Lester is already breaking on the ball

BZa_2IlCQAA6Dag.png

Take notice of where Gronk and Lester are and where the ball is thrown to.

How it is deemed uncatchable to Gronk when a guy that made a play on the ball was 2-3 feet further away is the baffling part.

Take notice of where Gronk and Lester are and where the ball is thrown to.

How it is deemed uncatchable to Gronk when a guy that made a play on the ball was 2-3 feet further away is the baffling part.

because refs don't like calling pass interference on the final play of the game.

Their motto on final drives is "let the players play" despite how ****ed up that sounds. I trust nfl refs to keep this mentality when the patriots defense needs it on a final play.

because refs don't like calling pass interference on the final play of the game.

Their motto on final drives is "let the players play" despite how ****ed up that sounds. I trust nfl refs to keep this mentality when the patriots defense needs it on a final play.

that's a nice mantra....but by failing to call the game to rule, they didn't allow Gronk to be in position to allow Gronk to make a play

the only way you put players in position to win the game, and to take referees out of the equation, is to have clear, well written rules.....and for officials to call the game to rule, start to end, consistently

they failed in that regard last night miserably

all of those scrambles by Newton last night.....and not a single hold called.....funny how disciplined those lineman are, their QB changes direction on them 4-5 times on a single play and not a one of them holds.....amazing control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents