PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty did less than Kuechly and got called [PICTURE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

English Patriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Almost the same kind of thing except Devin didn't bear hug him yet they felt compelled to throw the flag on that play but choke and pick up on a clear one that changed the outcome of the game.

The refereeing in this league is getting worse and worse and i thought the replacements were bad.
BZaIDKWIMAEoeXn.jpg

Re: McCourty did less than Kuechly and got called.

McCourty was being held by Olsen. That should have been a foul on Olsen. Gronk was mugged.

Consistency in NFL? not in our lifetime.

Every second I look at that picture my rage goes up. The flag was thrown. The ref saw something.

The flag was thrown. You don't throw a flag unless you see something. Ugh. I'm trying to control my rage right now cause I'm on a laptop. Me in a rage + electronics= bad things. I'm just gonna have to try and move on.

McCourty was being held by Olsen. That should have been a foul on Olsen. Gronk was mugged.

Mccourty got screwed, chucky saw it wrong too on that one, can see how anyone would get that wrong in real time, on the replay it was clearly offensive PI.
Chucky saw it right on Gronk PI. Patriots are really 9-1 but because of the return of the replacement Refs ...officially 7-3.

3rd and 7 that penalty was called on.

I feel the frustration for sure, and if there's one thing I despise it's inconsistent officiating...but CAR did a good enough job on both sides of the ball to win tonight in my opinion. Our defense has continued to let us down for quite awhile now, and that was the difference. When we did not score a TD with about 5-6 min left deep in the red zone, I knew that they'd likely come back and score to win the game (Carolina).

I didn't agree with the 3rd and 1 call with the pass to no one. I think us needing to score a TD in that instance was almost a given. Coming away with a FG the way our secondary was injured and our defense has been playing, going up by a FG just wasn't going to be enough.

We're all frustrated, but let's give some credit to CAR too. I don't want their fans thinking that we're a bunch of whiners. They've been very tough defensively, had the big crowd advantage tonight, and did enough on offense to beat us. Can't win 'em all. The worst part about this loss is that it's likely the beginning of a back to back heartbreak over the next 6 days. I think DEN will eat us alive with all of those weapons. We haven't even been able to stop talent the talent of the NYJ, and CAR on offense which is limited enough.

We may be able to luck out and win the last 5 to make the 2nd seed a battle, but that's really the only hope I see this year in making a deep playoff run. Too many injuries on defense. We're now down to 5/11 of our starters at the beginning of the year. It's looking like 2002, 2005, and 2009 to me, and I was hoping it would look more like 2006 when we went 12-4 with a lot of issues.

Almost the same kind of thing except Devin didn't bear hug him yet they felt compelled to throw the flag on that play but choke and pick up on a clear one that changed the outcome of the game.

The refereeing in this league is getting worse and worse and i thought the replacements were bad.
When people were whining about how bad the replacements were, I kept saying the regulars were just as bad, they just didn't have every bad call blown out of proportion.

What pisses me off the most is how the refs just slither off the field because the game is over. At any other moment of the game they give an explanation to each of the coaches and usually an explanation to the fans at home as well. But here there was nothing. :bricks:

The McCourty call was so bad... Olsen was the one holding McCourty.

Bad refs. Offense couldn't finish a drive in the first half. The defense couldn't make the important stop. That Cam Newton scramble on 3rd and a million... Depressing game.

Only positives: the offense seemed to move the ball with facile on the road against a very good defense.

McCourty was looking at the ball while the receiver did not even have his head turned around.

This was a bag job. Refs are human and make mistakes and certain groups call penalties a certain way but these two were simply off the chart. Same crew, similar situations, both with the game on the line.

Patriots were screwed. Its a business and I don't make a dime off of it. Glad to see Brady go off. He can afford the fine.

you missed the part where mccourty grabbed and twisted olsen before the ball was thrown. Kuechly didn't modify Gronk's route.

9/10 times I think that kuechly play is a PI though.

you missed the part where mccourty grabbed and twisted olsen before the ball was thrown.

Olsen wasn't looking at the ball ever, McCourty was.

Olsen wasn't looking at the ball ever, McCourty was.

the mccourty call was a holding. doesn't matter where you're looking, you can't grab somebody and keep them from running their route.

the mccourty call was a holding. doesn't matter where you're looking, you can't grab somebody and keep them from running their route.

You can't hold the defender from making a play. Olsen did and everyone knows he got lucky. You guys got lucky, but no worries, NO will keep you guys in the WC round if you make it that far.

you missed the part where mccourty grabbed and twisted olsen before the ball was thrown. Kuechly didn't modify Gronk's route.

This game involved 2 good teams, in a pumped up CAR environment.

Sometimes you're going to get the calls, sometimes you're not.

Unfortunately for NE, they were not able to play well enough to avoid putting themselves in this kind of situation for the 2nd time this year, and that's the key from my perspective. You have to go out and execute well enough on both sides of the ball to leave yourself a little wiggle room so that it doesn't come down to a key call because this kind of stuff happens every game.

You can't hold the defender from making a play. Olsen did and everyone knows he got lucky. You guys got lucky, but no worries, NO will keep you guys in the WC round if you make it that far.

I saw mccourty grab and hold olsen, and then let go when the ball went over olsen's head. didn't see olsen grab anyone. Olsen had his back to mccourty, how could he grab him from that position?

I saw mccourty grab and hold olsen, and then let go when the ball went over olsen's head. didn't see olsen grab anyone. Olsen had his back to mccourty, how could he grab him from that position?

Stop covering for your lucky TE. Mccourty made contact, then let up before the ball was over the head. Olsen held mccourty. Pic proves it. Better watch game tape, Olsen held mccourty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents