PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty did less than Kuechly and got called [PICTURE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
we must look ridiculous from afar, right Aus? I mean, THIS is so preposterous, the explanation so ridiculous, that anyone living anywhere else in the world must wonder if the entire country hasn't gone stark raving bonkers.

we must look ridiculous from afar, right Aus? I mean, THIS is so preposterous, the explanation so ridiculous, that anyone living anywhere else in the world must wonder if the entire country hasn't gone stark raving bonkers.
If I hadn't seen similar occurrences take place in our native Australian Rules Football I'd be laughing. The sad fact is idiots with a serious disconnect with society tend to run large sporting organizations these days. They've all forgotten about the spirit of sport and are only interested in ratings and dollars.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:. Unreal!!!

Even if the patriots got the ball at the 1 yard yard line........IT STILL wasn't GUARANTEED THEY WOULD HAVE WON!!!!!!!!

Josh probably would have did a flea flickr or or statue of liberty :rolleyes:

All turnovers are automatically reviewed.... except that one? That's another thing to add to the list against the officials (including the McCourty hold and the Mankins PF)

Ya. You know what frustrates me about that thinking is that whole Olsen/McCourty thing is being downplayed. The call happened on 3rd and 7.

So 4th and 7 maybe the Panthers go for it and the Pats make a stop or maybe the Panthers kick the field goal and it's a tie game and Brady drives the Pats down the field and gets them in FG position.

Panthers got the benefit of two calls on the last two drives of the game. How the refs sit there and say that McCourty was holding when the ball was high and overthrown, not to mention the fact that Olsen was the one holding McCourty and then minutes later say the pass to Gronkowski was uncatchable when he was actually closer than the person who intercepted it before he got pushed away.

Pats didn't deserve to win? Such bull.

Teams that don't deserve to win don't drive the ball down the field into the red zone with 59 seconds and have a chance to win the game. Oh and btw Pats were more than likely robbed of having another play because the clock kept running for a few seconds after the Panthers scored.

Hmm I'm in the camp of not being surprised that McCourty got flagged. As I recall there was some notable contact on McCourty's part before his arm was being held.

The last call was unforgivable however. I am still fuming. If Brady does a QB sneak and wins from the 1 yd line then amazing triumphant screaming, and if we lose good job by the Panthers. But it had to end in controversy and "what ifs".

All turnovers are automatically reviewed.... except that one? That's another thing to add to the list against the officials (including the McCourty hold and the Mankins PF)

The refs wanted to get out of there as soon as possible cause they knew they were screwing us over.

The review wouldn't have changed a thing though. A penalty happening during a play wouldn't get a play overturned during review. The interception would have stood.

The refs wanted to get out of there as soon as possible cause they knew they were screwing us over.

The review wouldn't have changed a thing though. A penalty happening during a play wouldn't get a play overturned during review. The interception would have stood.

While I personally tend to side with your analysis on what would have happened, recent head of officiating retiree Mike Perrera stated yesterday that "it very well should have been a replay situation," and he wondered out loud why no one was even bringing this up.

The whole damn thing was weird--but I'm not surprised in the least.

When you leave it in the hands of the officials (unfortunately...and it's a huge flaw of the NFL) you are gambling. I don't remember needing to worry about the officials in the 2007 season when we were whipping people's asses left and right.

Unfortunately, there are always going to be close games like this, and this is exactly why our players need to execute properly and not even have to deal with this crap. Let's hope that they can play tough on Sunday or it's going to be a LONG couple of weeks, and a totally different look on what once was a 7-2 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents