PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCann: Going to be a very tense hearing on Deflategate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steffen Johnson is Brady's appellate lawyer and he outs as good as they get. Kessler could not have found a better lawyer to handle this.
If Kessler is the Bill Russell of appeal lawyers at W&S Johnson is the Michael Jordan

Hes argued plenty of cases at the US Supreme Court.

Steffen N. Johnson - Winston & Strawn

Capture.JPG

More than a joke. The NFL's case will be made by Paul Clement, Solicitor General during W's second term and on most observers' short list of potential nominees to replace Scalia if Trump somehow manages to beat HRC. So, yeah, if they're ruling on the arguments of a guy who might eventually be passing judgment on their own rulings, they will want to be sure that all the t's are dotted and all the i's are crossed. :)

For such a big name, it was a pretty sh*tty brief IMO. Having the brief initially rejected for a technical deficiency is an embarrassment too. Makes the lawyer look careless.

We have the names:
Katzmann, Parker, and Chin

One is an Obama appointee, one a GWB appointee, one a Clinton appointee.

We have the names:

Just based on this, this is a big win for Brady. The NFL was hoping for three Republican appointees.

We have the names:

Looks like they were all appointed by Clinton to SDNY.

Katzmann has a brother who is a Judge in MA.

Chin was the judge who sent Madoff to prison for 150 years.

Not much out there on Parker.

For such a big name, it was a pretty sh*tty brief IMO. Having the brief initially rejected for a technical deficiency is an embarrassment too. Makes the lawyer look careless.[/QUOTE
We have the names:

chin is definitely a liberal. parker was appointed by clinton and elevated by Bush 43. katzman is a clinton appointee. initially this looks good.

Put madoff in jail for 150 years......favorite judge ever.

Really looking at this now all I can think is what an absolute blood bath the next C.B.A. is going to be. 3 billion dollar stadiums, insane TV money, the NFL accidentally omitting 150 mill, Brady's appeal is what 4 in a row the NFL has lost.

Bloodbath.

I appreciate all the updates and insight on these three judges, but I also want to say that it's pretty depressing that we've had to spend time wondering about judge appointments instead of what the Patriots will do with their first round pick. Outstanding job by Roger and his 32 bosses.

I appreciate all the updates and insight on these three judges, but I also want to say that it's pretty depressing that we've had to spend time wondering about judge appointments instead of what the Patriots will do with their first round pick. Outstanding job by Roger and his 32 bosses.

Its a habit...going on 10 months now......:mad:

Mentioned in the other thread, what is the rate of reversal for a lower Court decision by this Court??

That is a variable that folks need to consider, Judges do not just overturn lower Court decisions, particularly as Berman is considered a credible jurist(as best as we can tell).. there has to be compelling evidence to support that decision. The whole NFL case at this stage is predicated on the Berman being wrong and Judges agreeing with that premise..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST