PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo's #?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its unlikely that they will assign anyone to 91 unless absolutely necessary, out of respect for Marquise Hill.

This year, maybe. But anything beyond this year, no. That's essentially retiring it.

This year, maybe. But anything beyond this year, no. That's essentially retiring it.

I should have been clearer. But that is essentially what I meant.

Not to change the topic too much, but I believe #24 is still available for that certain someone IF the Pats bring him back this year.

Slaughter is gone, so I say he will be 51...

51 or 91 would both be good numbers for Mayo.

yeash, the need some more numbers.
Hey, some refs have had three digit numbers for years. How about allowing 100-199 (hopefully that 1 won't get too cramped). So far as determing what 100+ numbers are valid for what positions, just ignore the leading 1. Linebackers can be 50-59 or they can be 150-159. This will even work for the teens... 19 becomes 9, 12 becomes 2, so the refs don't have to think "OK I see a leading 1 but it's a two digit number..." just simply drop any leading 1.

Slaughter is gone, so I say he will be 51...

Barrett's number is 51, and Bo was 51 at Nebraska, so I think he's probably the most likely candidate for that number. I'd like to see Mayo in 52, but he would have to get the number from Alexander, and I don't really think Mayo cares. He'll wear what ever they give him.

Last edited:
51 or 91 would both be good numbers for Mayo.

As mentioned 51 became available when Slaughter was released the other day and I think he will be issued that #. 91, 95 and 98 are also available.

How about #98? A number in the 50's would be better but there are so many retired that it's ridiculous. I like #59 but that's taken right?

How about #98? A number in the 50's would be better but there are so many retired that it's ridiculous. I like #59 but that's taken right?

Victor Hobson. Maybe I should send an email to Alexander asking if he'll give 52 to Mayo, lol.

Is #56 retired (Tippet)?

I think he should take #57. Thats a good number

Last edited:
Is #56 retired (Tippet)?

I think he should take #57. Thats a good number

56 is not technically retired, but the Pats haven't issued it to anybody in awhile, maybe even since Tippett.

57 is retired. Steve Nelson says hi.

As per Mike Reiss, Mayo will wear #51.

Because he can't wear it in the regular season.

That's not necessarily true. TBC wore 48 from '03 to '05. I think the way it works is if there are enough linemen and linebackers on the roster, the 40s become available for linebackers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST