PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Forte announces he's leaving the Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NFL world would implode!
It would be awesome

Patriots double dip at rb and wr sign Forte and Ivory as well as trade for Gordon and sign Marvin Jones it would be incredible.

I would like Ivory if we don't have a shot at Forte. Which i think we have a shot..a good one? Who knows

Realistically is Green Bay, Denver,Seattle and us who have a legitimate chance at a title and also need a back.

Green Bays D isn't good. DEN now has no QB even though they just won the SB with basically no QB...that leaves Seattle and us IMO

For some reason Giants fans are getting their hopes up..and not sure why.

But it would be awful if he chose Denver...i mean awful

NYG dont make any sense rookie head coach Defense needs rebuilt.
Green Bay has Lacy and Starks Forte is a every down upgrade to both.
Colts could go after him but I see them going after a young back like Miller.
So its us and Denver at the end of the day Denver winning the bid would be a ****punch.

Hey, if you guys think adding aging/old superstars is the way to go, fine...

But BB doesn't, and it's never really worked

Corey Dillon and Randy Moss never happened I guess

Congrats, two examples.

Two bad examples.

Moss was/is one of the all time great WRS and came here in his late 20s if I am remembering correctly. (And we never won a SB w him, not that I blame that on Moss, but point remains)

Is it possible that Forte could come here and do good things? Yup, but I'm not gonna use two examples in 20 years as my argument to sign him.

Those are outliers.

Corey Dillon and Randy Moss never happened I guess

Brian Waters, Brandon Llyod, Andre Carter are 3 more examples that have been even more recent.

Junior Seau was an older, vet pickup who contributed very nicely as well.

I guess if you're hoping for some mediocre/decent production and not real championship impact, yeah, Forte might work out for ya.

I'm not interested in players in their prime, when thinking about spending legit cap space

Patriots double dip at rb and wr sign Forte and Ivory as well as trade for Gordon and sign Marvin Jones it would be incredible.

trade for gordon/who gets suspended for the season!!:D:D

think how many undrafted/late round draft picks are out there succeeding at RB right now.

Don't waste valuable $& you could use somewhere else. That's just my opinion. Good running backs are a dime a dozen right now.

An old expensive FA isn't a need. Is much rather make a splash at WR and OL. Then get me some deep depth on D

I think it would be incredible if we signed just 1 of those 4 players!

One thing i keep hearing from Bears writers was how well respected and took guys under his wing in the locker room. While other bears players were complaining..he never did. Just did his job. Bill must have a pants tent

One team i found interesting was MIA..Gase was Fortes OC last year. And Miller is a FA. But if he wants to win..MIA isn't it. $$ yes...winning no. So this will really show what he's about

Also Dallas. They need RB help but a ring? Not any time soon

.that leaves Seattle and us IMO

I would think they are gonna go with Rawls and use their money on their OL. Their LT, RG and C are all FAs, not to mention Kearse and Lane are FAs.

One team i found interesting was MIA..Gase was Fortes OC last year. And Miller is a FA. But if he wants to win..MIA isn't it. $$ yes...winning no. So this will really show what he's about

Also Dallas. They need RB help but a ring? Not any time soon

From what I have read Miami's cap situation is crap, but yeah I agree Forte reuniting with his old OC does seem like smart.

I would think they are gonna go with Rawls and use their money on their OL. Their LT, RG and C are all FAs, not to mention Kearse and Lane are FAs.

I still feel Forte and Rawls would make for a very very dangerous backfield. If I were seattle I would 10000% look into that.

And since McCoy is up in the air in Buffalo and for some reason he leaves...Buff could become in the mix kinda like MIA...but again..he won't win a thing there. Only been to the postseason once...and won't head back with those two teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back