Matt Forte announces he's leaving the Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score

Reports say he wants to play for a contender. If the line shapes up here he'd be a great fit.

Great player! But don't we already have two 3rd down backs on our roster?

Great player! But don't we already have two 3rd down backs on our roster?
Forte is a do it all back. White is kinda a mediocre runner and Lewis can only take so many carries. Running back definitely isn't the biggest issue but if he comes cheap...also wouldn't mind seeing White just plug in at wide out if this happens. I think he could do pretty well if need be.

You think Forte is just a 3rd down back? 3rd down backs don't have 8 seasons of 200 or more carries

The third-down back, so to speak, Kevin Faulk, had zero. (He had two 150-carry seasons early in his career.)

I'd give him 2 yr deal. He's not a special player but he is a Top 10 back in the league and could really help us.

Forte is not a 3rd down back. He is a workhorse type of back. He would be a great replacement for Blount. I have a feeling that Forte will be a Patriot!

Forte is not a 3rd down back. He is a workhorse type of back. He would be a great replacement for Blount. I have a feeling that Forte will be a Patriot!
I get the sense that he's a pro's pro and would appreciate a world class organization like the Patriots.

150-200 carries....50 catches out of the backfield. That'll do.

Looking for dislikes here - talk me down - Ronnie Hillman is a FA, CJ Anderson an RFA...

So Elway goes and gets Forte, who goes to a team that actually has a line capable of opening holes.

I think he was being sarcastic. Forte would be a good get. I think he still has a couple of years left in him but he may want to cash in one last time. If he wants a ring he knows this is the best chance for him to get one. We will find out, I guess.
Also, off the top of my head I can't think of a decisively better back with his receiving skills.
So, Forte, Lewis, Bolden and White would be our 4 RB's? If the top 2 stay healthy then it'll make Brady's life a that much easier.
Edit: what ArchAngel said.

Would be a fantastic addition. The lack of a credible running threat really hurt us down the stretch.
True, but Forte wouldn't have gotten anything behind that line. If Scar comes back and fixes the line and we get Forte, it'll be a hell of a backfield with him and Lewis.

If he's really going to take an SB contender discount, he'd be a prefect fit.

I think he was being sarcastic. Forte would be a good get. I think he still has a couple of years left in him but he may want to cash in one last time. If he wants a ring he knows this is the best chance for him to get one. We will find out, I guess.
Also, off the top of my head I can't think of a decisively better back with his receiving skills.
So, Forte, Lewis, Bolden and White would be our 4 RB's? If the top 2 stay healthy then it'll make Brady's life a that much easier.

He did say during an interview at the Super Bowl he isn't about the money or something close to that, from what is sounds like he wants a ring more that making more money playing for a crappy team. Time will tell though, it could very well be all talk.

True, but Forte wouldn't have gotten anything behind that line. If Scar comes back and fixes the line and we get Forte, it'll be a hell of a backfield with him and Lewis.

Not just for his running ability. JW is okay, but if you're in the Super Bowl with him and the ghost of Steven Jackson, you're gonna have a bad time.

Looking for dislikes here - talk me down - Ronnie Hillman is a FA, CJ Anderson an RFA...

So Elway goes and gets Forte, who goes to a team that actually has a line capable of opening holes.

I gave you a "funny" instead of a dislike.

Even with Scar this team's ability to run the football consistently was never a strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes