Welcome to PatsFans.com

Maroney needs your votes!!!! ;)

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by stcjones, May 6, 2006.

1. stcjones

stcjones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +123 / 41 / -25

#12 Jersey

Looks like the cat fans have been flocking to NFL.com........check out the vote for drafted RB that will have best NFL career......

http://nfl.com/index?RBdraft

If this link doesn't work.....poll is below on NFL.com page.......

Go kool aid!!!!!!

2. SuperPatriot33

SuperPatriot33 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Macaroney got my vote.

3. Feep_FLA

Feep_FLA Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What good is a vote? I love Maroney being on the team and I certainly hope he runs for a Corey Dillonesque 10,000 yard career but only hard work, injury-free years will do it with a good team and a good offensive line....:rocker:

4. jczxohn1

jczxohn1 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Maybe if he loses Rodney will have more bulletin board fodder.:D

5. chowder

chowder On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

i think that Maroney will be the best back in the league. Even Shanahan agrees with me! lol

6. TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +105 / 1 / -0

As much as I love Maroney, I still think Reggie Bush is the better RB. I will say that Bush had a better surrounding cast, but all things being equal, Bush is the best. Not to say that Maroney won't have a Hall of Fame career (I think and hope he will), but Bush is a generational talent. He truly reminds me of a Gale Syers/Marshall Faulk mix. The Gale Sayers part is his all around talent, runner, receiver, returner, and though his moves are more Faulk-like, he does pull off some Sayers/Barry Sanders type moves. Plus I believe he is fastest of all of the names mentioned.

Maroney is without a doubt, the most talented RB we've ever drafted, now it's up to him to convert that college greatness into pro greatness. I think he will, and I think Bush will also. Bush will have earlier success (unless Maroney becomes a returner also, which he is quite good at), but who knows, maybe it will turn into another Curtis Martin/Marshall Faulk type situation, Faulk looked like the better back earlier in their careers, but Martin has surpassed him, though both are HOF bound.