PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marlin Jackson to IR [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Colts starting CB Marlin Jackson Out for Year

With Jackson out I think it's time to toss a bunch of 3 and 4 WR sets on the Colts defense.

Solid? Yes, but frankly, a bit disappointing this season. IMO, he has been banged up quite a bit this year (but hasn't missed a ball game). we are assuming Hayden will return, so it's a swap, Hayden for Jackson. Our 5'8" Jennings has had his head up his ass quite a bit, but gets the starting nod over second year player Dante Hughes. Jennings is the guy who was assigned to Moss quite a bit in last season's game:confused: Bullitt has been a formidable replacement for Sanders. We look for Melvin to see the field quite a bit, regardless of the status of Sanders. Colts went with 4 LBer's in the Monday Nighter, and they played pretty well. Might look for more of that, especially is Morris is back in your line up. The formula to beat our D is short drops and quick throws, which plays right into Cassell's hands. On offense, Addai supposedly back, if so, I hope he splits time equally with Rhodes. Would be surprised if that were not the case. Despite our piss poor record, and the game not having the hype it would if TB were playing, I still think it will be the loudest crowd of the year. Should be an exciting battle regardless.

Hey nice post, enjoyed your read on things. Someone on this site mentioned how the Colts were finished and out of the playoffs. The Colts are one game out of the wild card. Granted they play some tough teams over the next few weeks, but I'm not counting them out. What a crazy year, right?

Well that sucks. He got hurt IN PRACTICE. Wow.

He is a good corner, but he has not been this season at all, teams were picking on him. He has had a nagging shoulder injury all year. And now this?

Guess it's time to get some more corners in the next draft.

Hayden is our best coverage corner. He better stay healthy rest of year.

Sheesh what a year. We have good safeties, wonder if one can fill in at corner at times. I really do think Jackson was hurt all year, he is better than how he has played.

Last edited:
And in case anyone cares here is todays Colts injury report.

Also on Thursday, the Colts released their second injury report of the week, running back Clifton Dawson (concussion), wide receiver Roy Hall (knee), Hughes (ankle), linebacker Freddy Keiaho (knee), tight end Tom Santi (shoulder), wide receiver Reggie Wayne (knee) and Hayden (knee/hamstring) listed as not participating.

“We had a lot of guys who are just banged up, general body soreness, from a very physical Monday Night game that we tried to rest up a little bit,” Dungy said. “Hopefully all of those guys, including Freddy, come back by tomorrow.”

Also on Thursday, Dungy said the lineup along the offensive line of left tackle Tony Ugoh, left guard Charlie Johnson, center Jeff Saturday, right guard Mike Pollak and right tackle Ryan Diem likely will start again Sunday. Ugoh returned to the left tackle position last week, moving Johnson from tackle – where he started four games after a Week 2 injury to Ugoh – to guard.

I think the year the Pats selected Logan Mankins around the #32 pick in RD 1, Marlin Jackson was a very popular pre-draft consensus pick to go to N.E., until IND selected him around #29. As it turned out, it is very probable the Patriots would have still taken Mankins even if Jackson was available at that time. Jackson played very well in their SB win.

Last edited:
yeah....Colts fans.....
join the club!

Everyone loses players.

Its about getting there.....
and finishing for us this year.

It would be nice to defeat the SB Champs in the upcoming SB

I think the year the Pats selected Logan Mankins around the #32 pick in RD 1, Marlin Jackson was a very popular pre-draft consensus pick to go to N.E., until IND selected him around #29. As it turned out, it is very probable the Patriots would have still taken Mankins even if Jackson was available at that time. Jackson played very well in their SB win.

I think you are thinking of Hayden who had the pick six. Hayden and Jason David were our starting corners in the SB. Harper got hurt early in the AFCCG against the Pats.

This sounds like a very bad injury for Marlin and combined with his shoulder injury too. I hope he can rebound. He is best known for picking Brady off to end the AFCCG.

I guess Jenning's will replace Marlin who was replacing Hayden recently. We also have Dante Hughes and a few other guys. I hate that Jenning's reminds me of Jason David though.

I did not like our corner depth going into the season and I still don't.

Last edited:

Solid? Yes, but frankly, a bit disappointing this season. IMO, he has been banged up quite a bit this year (but hasn't missed a ball game). we are assuming Hayden will return, so it's a swap, Hayden for Jackson. Our 5'8" Jennings has had his head up his ass quite a bit, but gets the starting nod over second year player Dante Hughes. Jennings is the guy who was assigned to Moss quite a bit in last season's game:confused: Bullitt has been a formidable replacement for Sanders. We look for Melvin to see the field quite a bit, regardless of the status of Sanders. Colts went with 4 LBer's in the Monday Nighter, and they played pretty well. Might look for more of that, especially is Morris is back in your line up. The formula to beat our D is short drops and quick throws, which plays right into Cassell's hands. On offense, Addai supposedly back, if so, I hope he splits time equally with Rhodes. Would be surprised if that were not the case. Despite our piss poor record, and the game not having the hype it would if TB were playing, I still think it will be the loudest crowd of the year. Should be an exciting battle regardless.

Cassell has really shown improvement as he has gained some experience. Of course, or weak pass rush generally makes any opposing QB look good. I was surprised he didn't look for Moss much. Perhaps trying to lull the defense to sleep, and hoped the Colts would forget about him. BTW, Randy didn't look to "IN" to the game. Caught a pass where it looked like he could turn the jets on and gain some additional yards down the sideline, but he gingerly heads ob. Is that the first game your O-Line was intact? They played well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News