PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manny Lawson anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moss and Welker were Trades. Not too shabby. They are not actively seeking to trade Lawson. I did not say that. I just said now with Brooks signing a new contract and Laboy just signing yesterday, the only OLB not under contract there is Lawson. Perhaps he is worth consideration rather than taking a OLB in the Draft who are mostly conversions anyway, and Lawson has already had that training in NFL experience and only 25.

No sense he is a problem child. His Dad was a military man. Overpaid?....they all are. Ask TB.
Who knows what the figures needed are. He is on his last year as is Maroney, and he wants an extension for security (yes please, a raise too). It might be for more of the "where am I going to be in 2011?".

I threw an idea out there that is more intriguing IMO and will pay dividends in 2010 rather than going after a Ricky Saap or a Misi who will have to learn as well.
DW Toys

I can certainly respect the idea behind it, and yes, in some cases I'd even agree with the thinking--depending on the player and the variables of course.

I think the possibility of having a potential star at a cheap deal is ahead of taking a solid player with a bigger deal in most cases, although it can be a bit of a 'roll the dice' prospect regarding some of these draft picks.

I was hoping to maybe have more interest in some RFA's this year, but apparently the owners/FO's are bonding together to form a wall and shun this idea. Some of the RFA's would've been surely equal to a 2nd rd pick, and if it came down to it, I wouldn't have a problem giving up a 2nd for Manny Lawson. I just think it's sometimes unreasonable speculation.

I think the Pats should trade for all of the previous binkies from this board: Lawson, Bobby Carpenter, Connor Barwin - and of course, Adam Seward.

Don't forget Chuck Norris.

Don't forget Chuck Norris.

Norris, now there's a player past his prime. Hasn't performed in years, best days are well over. Plus he has size issues.

If we're going seasoned vet, then gimme Steven Seagal any day of the week. Good leadership ability, well rounded, mentally tough--plus he has good size still.

The same person 'speculating' with 500 million trades that all involve moving players he bashes at every opportunity.....

That might be some of the reasoning.
I took a punt for a change and read from beginning to end. I should have learnt from the other 500 million.

Manny Lawson would not be the magical missing piece that would lead us back to the promised land. There are a few more holes in the team than that.

Agreed.

name two more holes??

OK, I'll bite. I'm one of those guys who recognizes how long it takes before a college DE is ready to make an impact at OLB. Here's my deal to SF. I'll swap our #53 for the SF 3rd round choice and throw in a 6th or a 5th next year. I don't know if Lawson will ever reach the potential we all saw when he was drafted, but he looks like he's ready to be a solid contributor as an OLB, and perhaps better than what we currently have, and better than what we are likely to get in the 2nd round....and certainly more ready to IMMEDIATELY contribute than anyone we will be in the position to draft.

OK, I'll bite. I'm one of those guys who recognizes how long it takes before a college DE is ready to make an impact at OLB. Here's my deal to SF. I'll swap our #53 for the SF 3rd round choice and throw in a 6th or a 5th next year. I don't know if Lawson will ever reach the potential we all saw when he was drafted, but he looks like he's ready to be a solid contributor as an OLB, and perhaps better than what we currently have, and better than what we are likely to get in the 2nd round....and certainly more ready to IMMEDIATELY contribute than anyone we will be in the position to draft.

That could work. It might give us help in 2010 rather than a year or two.
DW Toys

I took a punt for a change and read from beginning to end. I should have learnt from the other 500 million.

Good evening son. I thought you were going to put me on ignore? Works for me if you do so. I don't know what your problem is.
You emit this aura that you are smarter than everyone else. So be it. I agree. You are!...there.
This is supposed to be enjoyable and speculative and you are not quite there with the spirit of all of this.
I don't spend my time on these to make sure my opinion coincides with yours. I don't contribute to target approval...obviously.
You are entitled to your opinion. I respect that.
Best Regards,
DW Toys

Who in the world is the '1st round bust' you are referring to?

Not only would he easily be the best OLB here, he'd have been #3rd overall on the team in tackles last year. Combine that with 16 games started, 6.5 sacks, and 3 forced fumbles--and a lot of us would be pretty happy.

---

With that said, I think DWToys should start his own website that speculates trade bait for anyone/everyone in the NFL who is good, and not on our team.;) I respect his thoughts of course, but many of these trades are for good players whose teams' wouldn't ever let them hit the market.

Adrian Wilson, Ray Edwards, and now Manny Lawson all come to mind.

Cousin, you have me dead to rights on Wilson. Yes I enjoy his style of play and if memory serves he was going through contract issues at that time a couple years back. I think BB was a little more aggressive then. Good catch though.

Ray Edwards is certainly doable as an RFA if the Pats so do prefer. Does he work better than anyone on the board at #22? Probably IMO.

Lawson was a WAG from the incidents that finally finished yesterday with the signing of Laboy, the new contract for Brooks a couple of weeks ago and the desire of a new contract for Lawson. The Niners could obviously have someone who could fill in. It was posted as an inquisitive reaction, but none the less would be a positive pick up for us during a pretty bleak pre-Draft signing period.

I feel there were a few players this year that you are right, would never hit the open market in a normal year...... but they did. Think about Dillon and Moss. Tough to get those type of guys but it happened. I made the statement on Moss that nobody remembers because I got flamed but a year later he was a Patriot.

You are right on some players, but if I see a chance that could help us it interests me.
DW Toys

Last edited:
Good evening son. I thought you were going to put me on ignore? Works for me if you do so. I don't know what your problem is.
You emit this aura that you are smarter than everyone else. So be it. I agree. You are!...there.
This is supposed to be enjoyable and speculative and you are not quite there with the spirit of all of this.
I don't spend my time on these to make sure my opinion coincides with yours. I don't contribute to target approval...obviously.
You are entitled to your opinion. I respect that.
Best Regards,
DW Toys
I never said I was going to put you on ignore as I don't believe in it. However, I thought I'd give you the benefit of doubt for a change and read through your proposition only to find that low and behold it is a highly favoured Patriots scenario again.

I have no issue with your propositions if you attempt to make them realistic.

Cousin, you have me dead to rights on Wilson. Yes I enjoy his style of play and if memory serves he was going through contract issues at that time a couple years back. I think BB was a little more aggressive then. Good catch though.

Ray Edwards is certainly doable as an RFA if the Pats so do prefer. Does he work better than anyone on the board at #22? Probably IMO.

Lawson was a WAG from the incidents that finally finished yesterday with the signing of Laboy, the new contract for Brooks a couple of weeks ago and the desire of a new contract for Lawson. The Niners could obviously have someone who could fill in. It was posted as an inquisitive reaction, but none the less would be a positive pick up for us during a pretty bleak pre-Draft signing period.

I feel there were a few players this year that you are right, would never hit the open market in a normal year...... but they did. Think about Dillon and Moss. Tough to get those type of guys but it happened. I made the statement on Moss that nobody remembers because I got flamed but a year later he was a Patriot.

You are right on some players, but if I see a chance that could help us it interests me.
DW Toys

You have every right to voice and express your opinions and trade scenarios, and I will always likely read them whether I agree or not.

I tried to put the emoticon next to the thought, therefore lessening the sarcasm, I guess I didn't do too good of a job. To be completely honest, I immediately re-posted (#41) pointing out the good aspects of the idea rather than the negative ones so that I did not offend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back