PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning’s 51st touchdown pass will add another flawed record to the books…

Patriot Fans: yes! Brady beat Manning's record of most TD passes in a season

Patriot Fans (as Manning closes on Brady's record): Meh! It's only a record and they mean nothing.

lol I agree with you and you could say that about every fan in the NFL.:p

I've NEVER seen a QB throw so many ONE YARD TD passes. But, they still count.

Flawed Record - why even if Manning breaks the touchdown record Brady’s 07’ will still top it….......................................................... on a pass thrown behind the line of scrimmage to 10 yards.

chill-out.jpg

Patriot Fans: yes! Brady beat Manning's record of most TD passes in a season

Patriot Fans (as Manning closes on Brady's record): Meh! It's only a record and they mean nothing.

I was happy for Brady when he got it. I wasn't all that happy that they seemed to chase the record the last two games. Ultimately, it meant very little when the Pats won the Super Bowl.

If Manning breaks the record, it will be a big deal for him. If I was a Broncos' fan, I would be happy for him. But it will be an empty victory for them too if he doesn't win the Super Bowl.

But why would any fan of the Patriots care that Manning gets another record?

It doesn't really matter.

The NFL fans across the country will remember the Patriots and Tom Brady's 2007 blitzkrieg. When Manning goes down in the first round again, the 2013 Broncos will be very forgettable, and nobody will care.

51 TD's for Manning is just troll bait for the Peyton die hards and Brady haters.
Won't mean anything, and it won't stand the test of time anyway.

Someone will beat it, and I suspect they'll do it within the next 10 years.

Pretty pathetic to go out of your way to bash Manning in this way. Is Tom's record flawed because he threw up some ducks that Moss bailed him out on? Do you really think those two pop flies against the Dolphins that Moss snatched were great passes?

I just don't get this at all. If the dude throws 50+, you tip your hat.
The OP is suffering from excessive posting and needs to think a little more and post a little less.

You are what your record says you are.

I was happy for Brady when he got it. I wasn't all that happy that they seemed to chase the record the last two games. Ultimately, it meant very little when the Pats won the Super Bowl.

If Manning breaks the record, it will be a big deal for him. If I was a Broncos' fan, I would be happy for him. But it will be an empty victory for them too if he doesn't win the Super Bowl.

But why would any fan of the Patriots care that Manning gets another record?

1. I didn't say they should. Consistency would be nice though.

2. Because they're football fans too.

Take your pick.

It's pretty bizarre that so many attribute such Importance to such things.

An interesting SideNote:

1 ~ In 1962, Yel Tittle broke the Record with 33 TouchDowns.
2 ~ In 1963, he broke it again with 36 TouchDowns.
3 ~ In 1984, Dan Marino broke it with 48.
4 ~ In 2004, Peyton Manning broke it with 49.
5 ~ In 2007, Tom Brady broke it with 50.

7 QuarterBacks have thrown more'n 42 TouchDowns in a Season.

None of these 12 historically prolific Seasons produced a Championship.

GRID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed you man....

I think an argument can be made that Manning's TD total is somewhat padded because he takes away run TDs in the red zone in favour of the pass.

That said, he still has to make the completions, a TD is a TD, and I'm completely fine with Peyton Manning going down as the best regular season QB of all time.

Brady himself has said stats are for losers. There's absolutely none of this "he was robbed the TD, let's make sure he gets it this time" with the Patriots. Vereen should have been in the endzone? Great, here's Develin bulldozing an entire defensive line on his way in.

OP=sour grapes

'nuf said

They crossed the goal line. You don't have to get more yards once you cross the goal line.

That’s actually incorrect 6 of his touchdown passes didn’t even cross the line of scrimmage therefore it would be impossible for them to pass the goal line, the receiver took the ball across the goal line.

An interesting SideNote:

1 ~ In 1962, Yel Tittle broke the Record with 33 TouchDowns.
2 ~ In 1963, he broke it again with 36 TouchDowns.
3 ~ In 1984, Dan Marino broke it with 48.
4 ~ In 2004, Peyton Manning broke it with 49.
5 ~ In 2007, Tom Brady broke it with 50.

7 QuarterBacks have thrown more'n 42 TouchDowns in a Season.

None of these 12 historically prolific Seasons produced a Championship.

Outstanding post OTG, very interesting!! Thanks for sharing that information.

A TD pass is a TD pass. How many of Brady's TDs were jump balls into double coverage or triple coverage to a freak of nature (Moss). Should we discount those because to any other receiver, they would have been incomplete or intercepted?

BTW, I bet Brady would trade everyone of his records for another SB. As would Manning.

Another classic thread :bricks::bricks::bricks:

OP=sour grapes

'nuf said

Not sour grapes at all I was outlining what I thought to be a very interesting, Manning is receiving a lot of recognition for the touchdowns he is throwing and yet his receiving core is not receiving nearly the recognition, Eric Decker caught 4 touchdown passes the other day and was an afterthought. Do you remember how much credit Randy Moss received in 2007?

Manning has 12 more touchdown passes than any other QB in the NFL currently, yet when you look at QB’s with touchdown passes throwing more than 11 yards or further down the field he is tied for third with players like Dalton and Foles:

Brees – 16
Rivers – 15
Dalton – 14
Foles – 14
Manning – 14
Palmer – 13
Stafford – 13
Romo – 12
Wilson – 12
Brady – 11
Newton – 11
Roethlisberger – 10

If you don’t find this interesting I am not sure what to tell you but I find causation vs. correlation to be one of the most compelling aspects of sports.

Pretty pathetic to go out of your way to bash Manning in this way. Is Tom's record flawed because he threw up some ducks that Moss bailed him out on? Do you really think those two pop flies against the Dolphins that Moss snatched were great passes?

Pathetic? I provided a breakdown of his touchdown passes, I never once used the word pathetic, and in fact the only person who has used the word pathetic is you. Apparently you find his throwing 27 touchdown passes with a pass thrown less than 10 yards down the field is bashing in your mind because all I did was point out the stats and you concluded the stats made him look negative…

As far as Moss and the ducks; you basically spotlight my issue with the Manning situation. In 2007 Moss and the other receivers received nearly as much recognition for the touchdown passes as Brady, the other day Decker caught 4 touchdown passes and he barely made the end of an ESPN highlight.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back