PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malik Cunningham?

If your goal is to both have more fun watching AND secure an excellent draft slot, yes.

I’m not saying I’m against it, but the above would be the goal.

I’d also be open to dumping / benching both Mac and Zappe and rolling with Grier and Cunningham as backup - for the same reason.
Definitely dump Zappe ...
Some here think he is a capable backup ...
well if so why the **** did 31 teams not claim the smurf.

Some Michael Bishop pron.

Ahhh the good ole forum days ... some wanted Bishop starting over .... well don't want to go down that road.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Interesting read. Sounds like Drew didn’t think that highly of Bishop either. Shows that coaches don’t need to give a guy a “chance” in a meaningful game they see them all the time in practice and they know what a QB can and can’t do already.

Drew was public with his thoughts about Bishop but Brady wouldn’t be like that. I wonder how he really felt about guys like Mallett, Hoyer, O’Connell, Cassel, Jimmy and Stidham.

@Ian

BuT 7 TeAmS wAnTeD To SiGn HiM tO ThEiR prActiCe sQUaD sEE LoOk At ALL ThE InTeREsT!11!1111

Imagine saying something that embarrassing as a flex. Lolololololol

Interesting read. Sounds like Drew didn’t think that highly of Bishop either. Shows that coaches don’t need to give a guy a “chance” in a meaningful game they see them all the time in practice and they know what a QB can and can’t do already.

Drew was public with his thoughts about Bishop but Brady wouldn’t be like that. I wonder how he really felt about guys like Mallett, Hoyer, O’Connell, Cassel, Jimmy and Stidham.

@Ian
When things suck, fans just want to try something different no matter who the backup or backup to the QB is.

When things suck, fans just want to try something different no matter who the backup or backup to the QB is.
True ... Mac has flaws he needs to fix but the offensive problems are beyond him.
Even O'Brien deserves criticism ... work with what you have ... that is what Patricia did with Zappe last year.
Eh ... why go on ... we mostly know the problems ... fish rots from the head.

Reactions: sb1
We should be prepared to change everything, including our approach and our starting QB to try to start putting some points on the board.

Repeating the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

We hired BOB for his offensive brain, how about trying to scheme up some ways to get people open?

I know that our QB has very obvious limitations, but surely you could run some plays that get some guys open faster so Mac Jones can do some more 'dinking and dunking'. It doesn't have to look pretty, as long as it gets the 1st down, that's what counts.

Is it time to try Cunningham and play some sandlot football? It cannot get any worse and he might ignite some passion in the players.....

He reportedly isn't readily physically for the role of an NFL running QB. He's 6-0, 198 -- shorter and lighter than Mac and Zappe.

He reportedly isn't readily physically for the role of an NFL running QB. He's 6-0, 198 -- shorter and lighter than Mac and Zappe.
According to Wikipedia, "Malik broke Lamar Jackson's school rushing record for 120 career TDs", but yes, I agree that durability is a concern. He probably will not last long, but heck, what else can we do?

I have to assume that the big concern is his arm accuracy, but maybe some sandlot scrambling around by the QB will free up some passing opportunities.

According to Wikipedia, "Malik broke Lamar Jackson's school rushing record for 120 career TDs", but yes, I agree that durability is a concern. He probably will not last long, but hech, what else can we do?

I have to assume that the big concern is his arm accuracy, but maybe some sandlot scrambling around by the QB will free up some passing opportunities.
Malik broke Lamar's school rushing record that means he'll be a great NFL running QB!

Guess I've been talking to Zappeites too long so they've hypnotized me with their logic. lol

Well we are "starting over". Interested to see what that looks likes/consists of.
I admit I'm curious and what damage can he do? But I worry about ruining the kid. Seriously that line is bad. Of course, the line was bad Grogan's first year too.

I am guessing they are looking to use him in packages in order to generate yards. RPO, designed QB runs, etc. Stuff that is probably guaranteed to gain at least 4 or 5 yards on 1st or 2nd down and get you into favorable down and distance and help the running game along as well. They can also play Cunningham at WR on one play, go no-huddle and then move him to QB on the next play without allowing the defense to substitute.

Ponder Inspector Gadget GIF

A gadget offense ... how far we have fallen.
What's next the single & double wing ... wing-t power play?

That’s what makes this QB situation all the more pathetic. Not just that so much confidence was put on Mac to start without worthy competition being added to challenge him, but that his backup is a guy who no other team sees as any better than the league’s worst backup.

The fact that Malik Cunningham is being prepped is memo to McDaniels that this game will not be given to the Raiders one a platter. Also another slow start by Mac and the Offense means he'll be pulled early a lot of intrigue here.

schitts creek what GIF by CBC

Ponder Inspector Gadget GIF

A gadget offense ... how far we have fallen.
What's next the single & double wing ... wing-t power play?
I would rather Malik on 3rd and short rather the Rham and Mac tush stuff. Our Third down Offense have been brutal.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back