PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Says Super Bowl Benching Documentary/Book Coming

I’m critical of BB all the time. This type of attack is you Brady page members projecting.

I criticize BB, I criticize Brady, I criticize Kraft… my heroes aren’t sports figures.
You must be the clown in the white lab coat.

Tampa was 8-9 with Tom Brady this season. Was it because Tom was bad? I don’t think so.

But if you “QB’s are everything guy’s” theory holds true… he must have been right?

He was far from great.

He was far from great.
Tom was the same player he always has been.

Arians was the offensive brains of that team. He made sure they ran the ball and stay balanced.

Once he was gone… well let’s just say they ranked 32nd in rush attempts and there are only 32 teams.

BB drafted Tom Brady.
In the 6th round. And then he signed Bledsoe to a 10-year deal. BB didn't draft Brady to be anything but a backup at best. So you can stop with this empty point.

Arians was the offensive brains of that team. He made sure they ran the ball and stay balanced.

Once he was gone… well let’s just say they ranked 32nd in rush attempts and there are only 32 teams.

You obviously didn’t watch Brady this season. He lost 15 lbs and clearly wasn’t the same.

They had the worst yards per rushing attempt in the NFL by far. You sound like toilet bowles saying they needed to run the ball more. Watch the games next time before you comment. Their run game was a complete disaster in all situations. The only time their offense looked good was with Brady calling plays and passing from the no huddle.

Winning a ring is hard, jokers like you think all it takes is the best QB. Then when he throws for 500 yards, 3 TD’s and still loses… suddenly it’s everyone else’s fault. Logic isn’t your strong suit is it…
Who are you blaming for the loss? The guy who threw for record 505 and led his offense to over 600 total yards? WTF!?!

Butler sucked so bad that Belichick played him 96% of the defensive snaps that year
98%.

And 100% in the divisional and conference championship.

0% in the Super Bowl. Makes perfect sense :rolleyes:.

Then make your ****ing point. We are all waiting. BB sucks, and then? Corral your team. It'll get ugly fast. Speaking for no one else, the actions of certain people on this board have encouraged me personally to realine my Mt. Rushmore. I would never have Larry Bird behind a guy that went behind his owners back.
That's how I see Tom Brady.
This post doesn't make sense. Especially the last thing.

Sure. He was sick, missed practice, practiced horribly when he did show up and was mentally unprepared to play.
Dumb.

1. He wasn't sick on the day of the Super Bowl.

2. Practice isn't an actual game. And since when are starters getting benched because they practiced poorly?

3. How did BB determine Butler was "mentally unprepared to play"?

Like, were Rowe, Bademosi and Richards mentally prepared to play?

Or an even better question... Was Belichick mentally prepared to coach? Sure didn't look like it.

Damar Hamlin’s Life > A Controversial Debate

Shame on all of you.

In the 6th round. And then he signed Bledsoe to a 10-year deal. BB didn't draft Brady to be anything but a backup at best. So you can stop with this empty point.
he drafted him is not much of an argument.

but the Bledsoe deal isn’t much of an argument either. That was more Kraft. And done for tix sales.

the argument FOR bb; is that he saw the seed and nurtured it:

he kept tb on the active roster as QB #4!!!!
in an era when NOONE had more than 3 active and BB later even often went down to 2 (+ps).

he took tb in the qb room and taught him what defense was trying to do. Bb gave him the knowledge that helped make tb goat.

im not sure how many other coaches in 2000 would have given a 6rndr either that chance or that education.

I was there...75% Iggles fans...
I was a little bit astonished...day after at the airport i had lunch with some Pats fans...they were much more astonished then me for Malcom benching

but the Bledsoe deal isn’t much of an argument either. That was more Kraft. And done for tix sales.

in an era when NOONE had more than 3 active and BB later even often went down to 2 (+ps).

he took tb in the qb room and taught him what defense was trying to do. Bb gave him the knowledge that helped make tb goat.

im not sure how many other coaches in 2000 would have given a 6rndr either that chance or that education.
Once BB he had him he had to keep him. Only an idiot would not keep him and BB is no idiot. Drafting him though wasn't some kind of genius Nostradsmus move on Bill's part. He went 199 and if it weren't for **** Rehbein's encouragement he goes by the way side. So yeah I give BB credit for recognizing he had something with Brady to develop once he had him and keeping 4 quarterbacks shows that.

Last edited:
You obviously didn’t watch Brady this season. He lost 15 lbs and clearly wasn’t the same.
Divorce. Patchwork line. Bad coaching. In retrospect compared to that of mortal men he had a pretty good year

In March of 2001, Drew signed a 10/$103m deal.

He only collected $11.5m of it.

In 2001 he had a $6.9m cap hit.

In 2002 the team carried a $6.7m dead money charge after he was traded.

That's it

If that doesn't tell you what Bill thought about Drew I don't know what does.

Edited: Wrong thread

Last edited:

Brady worked his way up the depth chart to become QB#2 by 2001 TC, that's why he was kept.

Who was his competition in 2000:

John Friesz: 33 yo that came in 1999 from SEA and was cut after 2000 never to play again.

Michael Bishop: drafted in 1999 in 7th Rd (#227), and was cut after 2000 never to play again.

This narrative that Brady was lucky to be kept in the QB room is nonsense. Patriots had crap behind Bledsoe. Tom was the better QB of the three, showed it with his work ethic and potential and he earned every bit of his role in the depth chart. This wasn't some form of charity people.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back