PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Says Super Bowl Benching Documentary/Book Coming

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
This is interesting:

Definitely curious to potentially finally hear what happened, if he's actually willing to truly tell everybody what the full story is.

We will never get a confirmation from the Patriots on why he was held out. So this book is essentially hearsay and nothing but a curiosity. Now if he reveals that he did something incredibly stupid and it was his fault....then I would be inclined to believe him.

This is interesting:

Definitely curious to potentially finally hear what happened, if he's actually willing to truly tell everybody what the full story is.

Hopefully this debate will be finally put to rest once my side is proven right.

Thus begins the 2nd longest thread in Patsfans history. Lol

Hopefully this debate will be finally put to rest once my side is proven right.

Thus begins the 2nd longest thread in Patsfans history. Lol
Lol, what’s your side on that one? I feel like we all hated that move.?

We will never get a confirmation from the Patriots on why he was held out. So this book is essentially hearsay and nothing but a curiosity. Now if he reveals that he did something incredibly stupid and it was his fault....then I would be inclined to believe him.
I believe Malcom over Fat Matt.

Translation: if he doesn't admit that Bill was justified in benching him, he's a liar. :rofl:

Lol, what’s your side on that one? I feel like we all hated that move.?
That he was benched in retribution for acting out w/ coach(es).

I feel like if Butler reveals anything that’s enough to paint the team in a bad light, something will leak. Still sort of crazy that “secret” has lasted this long.

That he was benched in retribution for acting out w/ coach(es).
I’m sure he was. I’m just curious about the severity of the event and whether or not it warranted an entire game, especially the most important one of the year.

He gave the valet $1s because he didn't have anything bigger.

I feel like if Butler reveals anything that’s enough to paint the team in a bad light, something will leak. Still sort of crazy that “secret” has lasted this long.
I find it comical that someone would consider the statements from the central character in the narrative on what happened "hearsay."

I can't imagine the reason would take more than a few sentences to explain at most. But I guess he managed to stretch it into a full book and a show.

Something like: "I was kind of injured, but then I also broke curfew the night before out at a bar. So they benched me, and I would've played poorly anyways. Wish I behaved differently. And the coaches were dumbly strict about it."

The end.

I find it comical that someone would consider the statements from the central character in the narrative on what happened "hearsay."
I wouldn’t call it hearsay - aside from possibly leaving out all the details. Obviously, like any conflict, there are two sides to each story. Just a matter of whether or not the person wants to admit 100% of their guilt.

I can't imagine the reason would take more than a few sentences to explain at most. But I guess he managed to stretch it into a full book and a show.

Something like: "I was kind of injured, but then I also broke curfew the night before out at a bar. So they benched me, and I would've played poorly anyways. Wish I behaved differently. And the coaches were dumbly strict about it."

The end.
Benching him for the first half would have made sense. The entire game felt like cutting off their nose to spite their face on a night they needed just one third down stop to win the game. Especially on a night where Brady was on fire and he’ll forever be the answer to a SB trivia question that ends “in a losing effort”.

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

It's a little more than hearsay if it is directly from Butler.

It's a little more than hearsay if it is directly from Butler.
I think he meant that it's just not the entire story - which there is definitely some truth to.

That makes sense.

It’s only hearsay if it has a negative tilt toward the team. If it exonerates the team, it’s ironclad truth. Definitely a healthy way of looking at the situation.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back