PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Says Super Bowl Benching Documentary/Book Coming

In the 6th round. And then he signed Bledsoe to a 10-year deal. BB didn't draft Brady to be anything but a backup at best. So you can stop with this empty point.
Good lord, you Belichick-haters are bonkers, lol.

Good lord, you Belichick-haters are bonkers, lol.
I don't hate BB, he's the GOAT coach but if anyone thinks drafting a player, especially a quarterback at 199 was with an eye on finding your franchise quarterback is delusional.

I don't hate BB, he's the GOAT coach but if anyone thinks drafting a player, especially a quarterback at 199 was with an eye on finding your franchise quarterback is delusional.

That might be true, but BB deserves credit for recognizing Brady's potential at an early stage then running with him despite Drew's status and contract. Tom impressed during the 2001 preseason and supplanting Bledsoe became a matter of time. Drew getting injured just accelerated that.

I’m critical of BB all the time. This type of attack is you Brady page members projecting.

I criticize BB, I criticize Brady, I criticize Kraft… my heroes aren’t sports figures.
I don’t really post much on the Brady page. What are you? Some kind of bozo? As for criticizing BB? I remember asking you about a year or two ago to show me one time you criticized, and the most recent example you gave me was in the 2014 draft.

Dumb.

1. He wasn't sick on the day of the Super Bowl.

2. Practice isn't an actual game. And since when are starters getting benched because they practiced poorly?

3. How did BB determine Butler was "mentally unprepared to play"?

Like, were Rowe, Bademosi and Richards mentally prepared to play?

Or an even better question... Was Belichick mentally prepared to coach? Sure didn't look like it.
1 we don’t know that
2 literally ever since football became a sport
3 I wasn’t there

You make every draft pick with the idea you are taking the best guy available.
But 95% of a players career is determined after they are drafted. The real credit for drafting well belongs with the way you developer them, and I suppose also the way you guessed that they would develop. Of course the player deserves credit for doing the things that lead to developing into a good player or the blame for not. There is just no effective way to consistently predict whether the guy will act like Deebo Samuel or Henry Ruggs.

Not playing him at all lost the Superbowl. Brady and the offense scored a ton of points. Patriots did not get ONE punt by the Eagles offense. Richards should have never played any snaps. Malcolm puking everywhere would have been better than Richards at 100%. Pats went from the #1 defense in points allowed to allowing the Eagles to score every single time they had the ball, all game.
I never thought of Butler as a one man defense. Nobody knows if he would have made a difference. There was one third down play near the end of the game when, I believe Bademosi, had the receiver for no gain and the receiver broke away. That play may have been a back breaker. Would Butler have made that play, would he be on that receiver? This is all about Butler making money, hyping a book, a video. Ugh!

Yes - very much believable as BB puts a lot of stock in practice. Still the worst decision ever. Anything would have been better than the useless crap we put on the field that day.
The worst decision was going for it against the Giants and not kicking a 49 yard field goal.

The worst decision was going for it against the Giants and not kicking a 49 yard field goal.
It’s definitely that as far as one play goes. but I think the Butler decision is the worst all together because we all saw what was happening on the field that night

1 we don’t know that
That's nonsense.

If Malcolm was sick on the day of the Super Bowl then he wouldn't have been dressed and playing.

2 literally ever since football became a sport
Ok then, you won't have a problem naming occasions of when starters were benched in the Super Bowl because they had practiced poorly. Names of players and head coaches... go!

3 I wasn’t there
You watched the game? Based off what you saw, did Rowe, Bademosi and Richards looked mentally prepared to play? Patricia? Belichick? It's more than fair to question their mental preparedness based on how poorly the game unfolded for the defense.

That was pretty bad but it was one play. This was the entire game. Literally arrogance is the only thing that can reasonably explain sticking with that decision all game with the display the secondary put on that day.

I can forgive one dumb play, **** happens. I will never forgive doing that for an entire game in the SB. That was the day BB lost my support. I know I know BB does not care about my support.

That's nonsense.

If Malcolm was sick on the day of the Super Bowl then he wouldn't have been dressed and playing.

Ok then, you won't have a problem naming occasions of when starters were benched in the Super Bowl because they had practiced poorly. Names of players and head coaches... go!

You watched the game? Based off what you saw, did Rowe, Bademosi and Richards looked mentally prepared to play? Patricia? Belichick? It's more than fair to question their mental preparedness based on how poorly the game unfolded for the defense.
There are degrees of sick, the point remains we don’t know.

The one that comes to mind is the raider center who was mentally unprepared. I’m sure there were others. I don’t care enough about your opinion to teach you that preparation matters in football.

You asked for a scenario where there was a legitimate reason. How other players played is irrelevant to whether Butler was really capable of playing.
Why ask a question if you are going to respond with things that have nothing to do with the question?

The more I think about this, book & docu, the more I think Malcolm needs money

The more I think about this, book & docu, the more I think Malcolm needs money
Hes made $46m for his career and lets say his take home is $28m after taxes.

Clearly more than enough to live on.

If he needs money he needs to fire (or hire one) his financial advisor and also hire a tax attorney.

Hes made $46m for his career and lets say his take home is $28m after taxes.

Clearly more than enough to live on.

If he needs money he needs to fire (or hire one) his financial advisor and also hire a tax attorney.
its a well told tale in the annals of professional sports... Not 100% saying thats the case with him... Just a maybe thought

The one that comes to mind is the raider center who was mentally unprepared. I’m sure there were others
OK, I'm trying to stay out of this thread but you've got to be kidding. That's your example? Battling addiction and depression, Barret Robbins disappeared the weekend of the Super Bowl and spent the game at an "undisclosed hospital." Yes, I think we can all see why HE didn't play.

I'm sorry, but that's just really weak sauce. You're "sure there were others?" No you're not. Starting players (98% of the snaps for the year) have not been randomly benched for the Super Bowl, watching a historically bad defensive performance from the sideline.

Argggggghhhh what is wrong with you people lol. If Belichick comes out and says, "wow, I ****ed that one up" will you argue the point with him too?

OK, I'm trying to stay out of this thread but you've got to be kidding. That's your example? Battling addiction and depression, Barret Robbins disappeared the weekend of the Super Bowl and spent the game at an "undisclosed hospital." Yes, I think we can all see why HE didn't play.

I'm sorry, but that's just really weak sauce. You're "sure there were others?" No you're not. Starting players (98% of the snaps for the year) have not been randomly benched for the Super Bowl, watching a historically bad defensive performance from the sideline.

Argggggghhhh what is wrong with you people lol. If Belichick comes out and says, "wow, I ****ed that one up" will you argue the point with him too?
Leading up to the SB Malcolm was hospitalized Sunday after the AFCCG and Monday. He arrived at the SB on Tue. He participated in walk thrus Wed and Thurs.

To dismiss he was not 100% is not fair to Malcolm.

Leading up to the SB Malcolm was hospitalized Sunday after the AFCCG and Monday. He arrived at the SB on Tue. He participated in walk thrus Wed and Thurs.

To dismiss he was not 100% is not fair to Malcolm.

Huh?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back