PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Madden picks his team (for his return to coaching)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/story/14317427p-15234986c.html

Q: If you could jump into a head coaching position right now, which team would you choose?

A: It would be between the New England Patriots and the Indianapolis Colts. I'd like the challenge of coaching the two quarterbacks (Tom Brady and Peyton Manning). I'd have the chance to do some special things offensively. And then I'd work like hell on building better defenses.

Between the two, I would probably take the Patriots because of Tom Brady. He's such a good player.

Q: What kind of year will Peyton Manning have?

A: It's gonna be tough for Manning this year without Edgerrin James. They're gonna have a tough time being better than they were last year.

Madden would take over the pats just so he could trade brady for brett favre and a Turduckin...(Duck stuffed in a chicken which is then stuffed into a turkey)

Hey at least he said something intelligent about Manning, James and the Colts. A fact that every other analyst seems to ignore.

anyway a nice appreciation for our team

good !

Uh, there's an inherent challenge with TB or Manning as your QB?

Huh? Wha?

How about Dennis Green going to AZ? Gotta respect that challenge.

How about **** Jauron going to Buffalo? Gotta respect that challenge.

Maybe he's afraid of fudging it up so therein lies the challenge..........the man needs a long rest.

jaychamp said:
Hey at least he said something intelligent about Manning, James and the Colts. A fact that every other analyst seems to ignore.

I know...once again the analyst predictions have started and they're, well, predictable. Except I'm hearing a few people deviate from the "It's Manning's year!" line. Now it seems like I'm hearing the Bengals and Miami mentioned more, but many are still saying the same old tired stuff about Peyton Manning.

What John Madden said makes the most sense out of anything I've heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents