Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Mac Jones or Daniel Jones? Which Jones would you rather have at QB?

• Mac Jones

• Daniel Jones

Results are only viewable after voting.
cd8f5f02-adb4-4edc-b544-41ecab728260_text.gif

So if a guy paints my house and does a crappy job I wouldn't be able to criticize the job he did because I'm not a painter?
I’ve never seen someone work so hard to combat criticism of the team/coach.

We suck right now, why we’re supposed to just shut up and love it because 20 years ago is beyond me. I can appreciate Bill and what he’s done in the past but still be dissatisfied at what he’s done lately.

I’ve never seen someone work so hard to combat criticism of the team/coach.

We suck right now, why we’re supposed to just shut up and love it because 20 years ago is beyond me. I can appreciate Bill and what he’s done in the past but still be dissatisfied at what he’s done lately.
Andy might be the long lost Belichick son. Bill built the greatest dynasty in league history and was able to maintain it for a long time but nothing lasts forever.

So if a guy paints my house and does a crappy job I wouldn't be able to criticize the job he did because I'm not a painter?
Not quite the same thing.

But you have hit the nail on the head here. You aren’t getting results you are happy with (that you paid nothing for) in the short term so you, knowing nothing about it, decide you need a victim to be angry at.

The difference is I don’t like the results any more than you do but I know the guy who built the greatest dynasty in history is better equipped to get them back on top than some dude who has never done it before.

I’m your analogy if he was the greatest painter ever, then whatever caused the problem, I would rather have him fix it than a rando.

Andy might be the long lost Belichick son. Bill built the greatest dynasty in league history and was able to maintain it for a long time but nothing lasts forever.
But you are expecting it to last forever.
It is reasonable that you can be the best ever, the best for the future, but not have the best results at all times. In fact it’s impossible to be the best ever and have the best results at all times in the NFL because it’s never been close to happening.

But you have hit the nail on the head here. You aren’t getting results you are happy with (that you paid nothing for) in the short term so you, knowing nothing about it, decide you need a victim to be angry at.

The difference is I don’t like the results any more than you do but I know the guy who built the greatest dynasty in history is better equipped to get them back on top than some dude who has never done it before.

I’m your analogy if he was the greatest painter ever, then whatever caused the problem, I would rather have him fix it than a rando.
Why would I want to give the guy who did a crappy job another opportunity when I could fine a new painter?

Why would I want to give the guy who did a crappy job another opportunity when I could fine a new painter?
Because you don’t understand what happened, remember you know nothing about painting and the assumption he this guy is the greatest painter ever.
Why would you hire someone else who is not as good to fix the problem that you don’t understand to begin with? Retribution?

I searched MJ10 in the trademark database... yep Mac actually went through with it and got it locked down. Lol

There's only one MJ in sports kid and you're not him.
Remember when MJ10 was a top 10 selling jersey? It's so easy to tell who on this forum went out and got themselves an MJ10 jersey. Lol

Andy just gets really emotional when posters criticize Belichick for doing a ****ty job. He hates it. He's holding on tightly to his memories of the dynasty years like a security blanket. But his emotions lead him to lash out in anger at fellow fans seeking retribution for his idealized hero, that he hopes, one day will come back to fix the crappy paint job.

Why would I want to give the guy who did a crappy job another opportunity when I could find a new painter?
Yes, that is the consensus attitude. If a coach or player isn't performing as well as expected, get rid of him and get another.

For some it takes a poor, for others, it takes a poor game or two.

For example, we have a very solid DL. Over the past two years, how many times have folks wanted to cut Guy, Wise and/or Godchaux? How many have wanted to cut Bentley, Tavai and/or Wilson?

And the abuse of our #5 DB is legend. Of course, some folks have wanted to get rid of Jackson (already).
==================
Players and coaches have good games and bad games, good seasons and bad seasons. It is always tempting to bring someone else in and expect him to be better, and then blame the player and the GM when he doesn't perform fast enough.
===================
The sadist situation is Klemm and the OL. There have been far too many injuries to be able to evaluate coaching or players. In the beginning of the season, we thought it might take 6 weeks of an OL playing together before we might have any idea of how good they are. For me, we'll see more in another month. For now, the current OL seems like a good one. Sow looks to be a developing into an OK starter. Onwenu may be our RT for another season. If the OL continues to look better, we will have our starters for 2024, although of course we should get the OT of the future and another backup.

Last edited:
Since you asjed, Bill Belichick has won 6 SBs with the Patriots, what is your resume?
is there something going on with this post? like sarcasm? was it necessary, the post? is someone calling someone out? just saying.

is there something going on with this post? like sarcasm? was it necessary, the post? is someone calling someone out? just saying.
Read the post I responded to

Genuine question: have the last 4 years changed your opinion on Belichick at all?

Genuine question: have the last 4 years changed your opinion on Belichick at all?
Not really. He’s still the same guy. He pushed the dynasty out as far as he could and it left us in a rebuild. I never expected the same results in a rebuild and ever team that goes through a rebuild is in a monumental challenge that rarely takes very quickly.
Every organization has down periods. Why would the fact that it took 20 years before it finally happened changed my opinion of the guy who built it?

Yes, that is the consensus attitude. If a coach or player isn't performing as well as expected, get rid of him and get another.

For some it takes a poor, for others, it takes a poor game or two.

For example, we have a very solid DL. Over the past two years, how many times have folks wanted to cut Guy, Wise and/or Godchaux? How many have wanted to cut Bentley, Tavai and/or Wilson?

And the abuse of our #5 DB is legend. Of course, some folks have wanted to get rid of Jackson (already).
==================
Players and coaches have good games and bad games, good seasons and bad seasons. It is always tempting to bring someone else in and expect him to be better, and then blame the player and the GM when he doesn't perform fast enough.
===================
The sadist situation is Klemm and the OL. There have been far too many injuries to be able to evaluate coaching or players. In the beginning of the season, we thought it might take 6 weeks of an OL playing together before we might have any idea of how good they are. For me, we'll see more in another month. For now, the current OL seems like a good one. Sow looks to be a developing into an OK starter. Onwenu may be our RT for another season. If the OL continues to look better, we will have our starters for 2024, although of course we should get the OT of the future and another backup.
When things are trending the wrong way that's when it's time to go. The results have gotten significantly worse the this season and last after two seasons prior that weren't that much of a high point to begin with. There hasn't been a direction in this "rebuild" and now we are just floating in no-man's land with the worst roster in the league heading into week 9.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back