PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lowell Sun: Sorry, Patriots Dynasty is Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so if our dynasty is over, then when exactly did the 49ers dynasty of the 80s end? When did it begin? Because if it's based on winning the SB every year, well, okay I've blocked out much of the 80s, but I highly doubt the 49ers won 10 trophies. Highly doubt it. And the Cowboys? Did they win 10 trophies in the 90s?

Yet they are still referred to as "the team of the 80s" and "the team of the 90s." Not "The team of select years in the 80s". or "the team of the first half of the 90s."

A dynasty is a team that's won several championships and contends every year. So by that count the dynasty is alive and well and rolling.

Last edited:
If the writers intention was to increase viewship/stir interest, then "Patriots dynasty is over" is a sure fire way to get that done. If he'd had a 900 # attached, he'd a made a mint.

You gotta blow off loose cannon, slack opinions like that for what they are - worthless.

No matter how the next Super Bowl plays out, this team is assured their spot as team of the decade for the years 2000 to 2009; if the bottom falls out this year (not likely, but who knows), they will have been in 5 AFCCG's and 4 Super Bowls, winning 3, 2 of which were back to back.

Something all Patriot fans will cherish forever. Let the haters have their fun, sooner or later, the ride has to end, but what a ride it's been. Like my next door neighbor, already telling me he bet the house on the Patriots under this year and the Chiefs over (which is 4); he said after week one, they will only have to win four more games and I told him to keep smoking whatever it is he's smoking, you're a first class fruitcake.

All dynasties end badly or they wouldn't end (where have I heard that before?).

I don't give a crap is the dynasty is over or just beginning. We'll be a top team every year with a chance to go to the Supr Bowl ever year ... good enough for me.

http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_10306219

Coming from a New York or Indianapolis columnist I could see and even expect this type of article but from the Lowell,Mass Sun it is a bit surprising,especially since the team has not yet played a real down in the 2008 regular season.

so the giants were the worst SB winner of all time because they might not make the playoffs this year? What does this years record have to do with last years title? That is just stupid. In fact the whole thing is just stupid, he sounds like someone who should be working for eppns website on page 2

If the writers intention was to increase viewship/stir interest, then "Patriots dynasty is over" is a sure fire way to get that done. If he'd had a 900 # attached, he'd a made a mint.

You gotta blow off loose cannon, slack opinions like that for what they are - worthless.

right. that is why i do not pay much attention to the sports media because they act like their opinions mean everything when they mean nothing

This type of B*** S*** get old.

Re: Sorry, Patriots Dynasty is Over

Garbage, coming for a fellow Greek I'm really dissapointed. Teddy P. get a clue. I guess that's why he writes for the Lowell Sun and not a real paper.

I'm with you manga, but does anyone believe this article was written because this malaka actually believes it or because it would stir up Patriot Nation and actually get some people to read this guys articles.

Re: Sorry, Patriots Dynasty is Over

I'm with you manga, but does anyone believe this article was written because this malaka actually believes it or because it would stir up Patriot Nation and actually get some people to read this guys articles.

Yasou fellow Hellene. Good point.

All dynasties end badly or they wouldn't end (where have I heard that before?).

All other NFL dynasties never had the magnitude of the disappointments (i.e. "the end") rival the magnitude of the accomplishments. But it's too soon to tell whether the last couple years were the closest the Pats will get or if it was just a bad spell.

When did the other teams fear the Patriots to begin with? Even when they were winning Super Bowls? Pittsburgh didn't. St. Louis didn't. Indy didn't. Carolina evidently didn't, as they took the Pats to the last minute. Philly didn't, as that was a ballgame too.

Its just a riduculous point to begin with. When were the Patriots feared by the other teams? Nice try, Teddy, but your thesis is effing stupid.

Quote: I don't care how good the record is this year (13-3 at worst, the way I see it). Will you ever again approach a game with the same ****iness you did Feb. 3, 2008?

Ummm, yes. Unless it's on the heels of a perfect season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes