PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lovie Smith in as Tampa Bay Bucs HC; Revis may be out

That's crazy stupid on Revis' part if true. Does he have a 'Please Cut Me for Cap Room' shirt?

It's 100% true. The 16 million dollar (or 1 million per game) deal that Revis signed was strictly year to year. Not too shabby coming off an ACL injury where it wasn't even guaranteed that he'd definitely be playing in game #1.

As far as him being "stupid," I'm not so sure I'd see it that way when the rest of the better CBs in the game are all making 30-40-50% of what he made this year.

I'm guessing that he could give a damn less whether or not he goes to another team, especially after just making 16 million dollars. He knows he has a guaranteed job with a double digit salary somewhere in the NFL.

Not much difference between making 16 last year and 10 this year, in comparison to 13 + 13, is there?

It's 100% true. The 16 million dollar (or 1 million per game) deal that Revis signed was strictly year to year. Not too shabby coming off an ACL injury where it wasn't even guaranteed that he'd definitely be playing in game #1.

As far as him being "stupid," I'm not so sure I'd see it that way when the rest of the better CBs in the game are all making 30-40-50% of what he made this year.

I'm guessing that he could give a damn less whether or not he goes to another team, especially after just making 16 million dollars. He knows he has a guaranteed job with a double digit salary somewhere in the NFL.

Not much difference between making 16 last year and 10 this year, in comparison to 13 + 13, is there?

Revis will be 29, when 2014 season starts. I would doubt (IMO), anyone will give him 10m+/yr for a long-term contract. Plus, he is still not 100% healthy.

Let's see.... Revis will now likely go to whoever pays best, every other year or so.

Widely considered the best cornerback of his generation.

He should just change his jersey number to 21 and go full in on being the new Deion.

It looks like Revis is going to stay in TB. In fact if you watched the Bears two years ago they were kind of moving away from Cover 2 and going to more man which fits Revis' skill set

Revis will be 29, when 2014 season starts. I would doubt (IMO), anyone will give him 10m+/yr for a long-term contract. Plus, he is still not 100% healthy.

I'm not sure why you'd find 10 million per year to be unreasonable, when there were teams willing to give up multiple high round draft picks and battling for position to pay him 16 million this past year, when he wasn't even 100% certain to play in week #1?

If anything, he's going to be much healthier than he was last season, and continuing to improve as the days go by.

In an NFL where Devin McCourty's brother Jason got 5/43, or almost 9 million a year, with 20 million guaranteed a year and a half ago, I certainly wouldn't be shocked in the least to see a guy like Revis pull in 10 million a year. After all, that's still a huge pay cut from the 16 million he's making now. There are plenty of teams with 30-35-40 million dollars in cap rom, so I'd imagine that someone will be more than happy to pay him.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back