PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking forward to the new Sports Radio Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felger this, Felger that... obviously he's the guy to have if you want a radio station. It's either you love him, or hate him. Either way, most will listen to see what he has to say.

Personally - love Felger.

Sox coming back to life...

Youkilis...

Remy's return...

Brady coming back...

Patriots defense...

These are Felger's sportspage today.

Theo Epstein coming up at 1:40

Maz says secondary can't stand up to the SD's and others, too new...who knows.

Randy Moss pooped his pants against Pittsburgh...(Felger)

Felger doesn't want to talk backup QB with his second ever caller. He was wrong about Cassel but it turns out with any kind of defense, who knows. Maz disagrees, can't win without Brady, period.

On to Theo after another 5 minute commercial/promo break...

Update, break is running long, more like several plus minutes.

First guest, Theo is now on the horn...

Last edited:
Sox coming back to life...

Youkilis...

Remy's return...

On to Theo after another 5 minute commercial/promo break...

This is WEEI, right? This sort of stuff isn't going to happen on the new station, naturally. Especially the commercials...

Last edited:
This is WEEI, right? This sort of stuff isn't going to happen on the new station, naturally. Especially the commercials...

And the baseball talk :eek:

And the baseball talk :eek:

C'mon.... it's not as if the new station decided to go with a member of the Red Sox front office as their very first interview on their 'flagship' program or anything. That would make them just another station looking for ratings.

9 minutes of ballwashing Theo. Now another commercial/promotional break. I gotta go soon and I may not hear any football talk before I do... wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Sounds like weei. I want football talk....

Sounds like weei. I want football talk....

Jeesus...this is worse than WEEI with the flashes. They killed two minutes yukking about their jingle and reading a couple of welcome I love you emails and right back to a break. I think their plan for taking calls is lagging because the calls are MIA...

Now we're talking Tiger and their schedule to fill time...and BASEBALL.

Jeremy Jacobs at 3PM...

Are you telling me that the very first guest on the flagship station of the Patriots & Bruins is...Theo Effin Epstein? Un-effin-believable.

This station will survive in spite of its on-air "talent"(snicker), not because of it.

To be fair most Patriots personnel are most likely in Philly for the game. Maybe they could not get anyone from the Patriots .

Finally some football talk, btw that jingle is totally annoying.

The station sounds great over the internet. loud and clear.

So far so good. Both Felger and Mazz look to be toning down their contrarian acts and playing it more straight. Hitting multiple topics, but staying primarily football so far. If they can stay this way, it is far more promising than people give them credit for.

I agree the jingle is horrible.

Wow... must be a relatively strong signal... I could hear 98.5 in my car (Nova Scotia).

No this isn't WEEI. Clearly not WEEI because unlike WEEI they are hitting many subjects rather than beating one to death. I am not sure if they will keep it up or whether it will work as entertainment, but the format is clearly not WEEI. The closest it comes to WEEI format may be Dale and Holley since they are the only ones on WEEI who will hit on a wide range of topics in a four hour show.

So far so good. Both Felger and Mazz look to be toning down their contrarian acts and playing it more straight. Hitting multiple topics, but staying primarily football so far. If they can stay this way, it is far more promising than people give them credit for.

I agree the jingle is horrible.

:confused:

They've spent about 90% of the show talking baseball with Epstein, discussing Remy's plight, pondering the Youk suspension, and slipping in a bit on Tiger.

:confused:

They've spent about 90% of the show talking baseball with Epstein, discussing Remy's plight, pondering the Youk suspension, and slipping in a bit on Tiger.

LOL! They have been all over the map sports-wise and clearly not focusing primarily on the Red Sox. Definitely not 90%. If you take the Theo interview and their personal stuff out, they have been more football. Why not just announce the show a failure and listen to the game on WEEI?

Last edited:
LOL! They have been all over the map sports-wise and clearly not focusing primarily on the Red Sox. Definitely not 90%. If you take the Theo interview and their personal stuff out, they have been more football. Why not just announce the show a failure and listen to the game on WEEI?

You're hearing what you want to hear, instead of what's actually been said.

You're hearing what you want to hear, instead of what's actually been said.

Right back at you. You want this show to fail anyway. Even MoLewis' one sentence summaries show that there was plenty of football talk on the show. They have already talked more football than the Big Show has talked football all week.

Last edited:
Right back at you. You want this show to fail anyway. Even MoLewis' one sentence summaries show that there was plenty of football talk on the show. They have already talked more football than the Big Show has talked football all week.

But I don't want the show to fail. I prefer variety. I'm just not willing to pretend that it's going to be something it's not. To this point, it's been pretty much what I expected, and mostly personal stuff with Red Sox talk. And, to top it off, it's now going to be hockey talk, because Jacobs is up next.

And that 'zinger' about football and the Big Show is utter nonsense, as you must know if you've listed to that program this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call