PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking forward to the new Sports Radio Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right back at you. You want this show to fail anyway. Even MoLewis' one sentence summaries show that there was plenty of football talk on the show. They have already talked more football than the Big Show has talked football all week.

Now they have moved on to how Felger landed Sara yuks (she was drunk, desperate and ready to lower her standards) and what the two boobs on the AM show and their sidekick Crash will be up to (frat boy humor). Thankfully after the current several minute break they will move on to Jeremy Jacobs...

PS - no they have not. I bet they've talked less than WEEI already did today and they're carrying the Sox game...

Last edited:
Forget Felger - it is Tony Mazz that sucks. How dare he come on and try to talk football after the way he trashed all Patriot fans in his clumn and over tha airwaves. What a douce he is.

I cannot and will not listen to his sqeeky voice.

Now they have moved on to how Felger landed Sara yuks (she was drunk, desperate and ready to lower her standards) and what the two boobs on the AM show and their sidekick Crash will be up to (frat boy humor). Thankfully after the current several minute break they will move on to Jeremy Jacobs...

I welcome them moving to Jeremy Jacobs. I like the fact they are hitting on multiple topics. It keeps the show fresh rather than hammering one topic to death which is one of my biggest criticism of WEEI. I didn't expect 24/7 football talk.

As for the personal stuff, they are introducing themselves to people who may not know them and introducing Toucher and Rich show which may be foreign to a lot of people who do know them, but are unfamiliar with the WBCN radio show. If they are doing this stuff three months from now, then it is a legitmate criticism.

Again, you have already labelled this show a major failure. Why are you continuing to listen to it? Why not move on.

How dare they talk baseball when starting at 4pm they have the pregame show and will talk nothing but football then :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I prefer "frat boy humor" to old man racism.

How dare they talk baseball when starting at 4pm they have the pregame show and will talk nothing but football then :rolleyes:

Gresh is still on the pregame so it will be more like screaming and spewing and talking over each other. The same thing the anti WEEI crowd decries on WEEI.

DGameguy said:
I prefer "frat boy humor" to old man racism.

See, it's a generational/demographic thing. Personally I prefer neither but then i'm a realist and I can multi task and seperate the wheat from the chafe. But then I'm not in either of their demographics...

Basically today, as the night guy live updates the Sox game, I'm hearing many of the same things the WEEI critics have been howling about, not enough football, too many commercials, inane banter... and none of the guests WEEI will trump them on daily.

LOL A caller challenging Mike on his earlier (this offseason) contention hinting that Brady was hitting the downside... Mike probably disremembers that like he disremembers the time early in his ESPN show days when he insisted Palmer was the better guy to build your team around circa 2005... Some of the Felger bashers are calling in now...LOL

Now via the anti WEEI crowds least favorite subject, steroids and Ortiz, they are on to defending the media on having missed it...

Ok, personal observation:

"The only ones who fight drug testing are doing drugs."

That was one of the most monumentally stupid comments I've ever heard in my life.

Now via the anti WEEI crowds least favorite subject, steroids and Ortiz, they are on to defending the media on having missed it...

Ortiz is a Patriots' linebacker, though, right?

They will be guided by the callers, just like other sports shows.

Last edited:
Gresh is still on the pregame so it will be more like screaming and spewing and talking over each other. The same thing the anti WEEI crowd decries on WEEI.

See, it's a generational/demographic thing. Personally I prefer neither but then i'm a realist and I can multi task and seperate the wheat from the chafe. But then I'm not in either of their demographics...

Basically today, as the night guy live updates the Sox game, I'm hearing many of the same things the WEEI critics have been howling about, not enough football, too many commercials, inane banter... and none of the guests WEEI will trump them on daily.

LOL A caller challenging Mike on his earlier (this offseason) contention hinting that Brady was hitting the downside... Mike probably disremembers that like he disremembers the time early in his ESPN show days when he insisted Palmer was the better guy to build your team around circa 2005... Some of the Felger bashers are calling in now...LOL

One thing I agree with you on I don't prefer frat boy radio over D&C. Well I do listen to Howard Stern from time to time on Sirius, but he is old scholl frat boy radio.

As for Felger's old statement, I don't think he backtracked on what he said. I remember him saying pretty much the same thing as he responded to the caller. There is no one in the media here who said Brady was on the downside of his career, not Felger or Borges, not anyone. He has said that his focus during the offseason has changed and he doesn't know how it might affect him. That is what he said today.

Also, Felger has admitted he was wrong about Palmer over Brady a while back now. Admit it, you just want the guy to fail and will do anything to try to sink him.

As for Gresh, I hate the guy and I am hoping since it is a weeknight he isn't going to be on the pregame show since he has a nightly gig from 7 to midnight.

Ortiz is a Patriots' linebacker, though, right?

You mean the other sports chennel that is famous for being steered by the callers by screening their calls and telling people they are only accepting calls that are in line with what the hosts are talking about. Funny, how WEEI can go weeks without a non-Red Sox call and this station has been getting calls about Patriots, Red Sox, and even Bruins.

There has been plenty of times on this board over the years that people have complained that they have called WEEI to speak Patriots and the screener said they they are only talking Red Sox that day.

Last edited:
I do think it is funny that the two people giving the play-by-play of the station are the two biggest detractors who claimed they weren't going to listen because they hate the line up.

You mean the other sports chennel that is famous for being steered by the callers by screening their calls and telling people they are only accepting calls that are in line with what the hosts are talking about. Funny, how WEEI can go weeks without a non-Red Sox call and this station has been getting calls about Patriots, Red Sox, and even Bruins.

There has been plenty of times on this board over the years that people have complained that they have called WEEI to speak Patriots and the screener said they they are only talking Red Sox that day.

Yes, stations screen calls. Yes, sometimes they only talk about specific topics. If you think this will be different on the new station, I've got a bridge to sell you.

I do think it is funny that the two people giving the play-by-play of the station are the two biggest detractors who claimed they weren't going to listen because they hate the line up.

I assume that you don't mean me here. If you do, I suggest that you go back and read my posts on this.

I don't recall saying I wouldn't listen. How else could I argue with you down the road. Unlike you I don't repeatedly bash things I claim I haven't listened to in years. Rather I predicted failure based on the talent...or lack thereof.

Yes, stations screen calls. Yes, sometimes they only talk about specific topics. If you think this will be different on the new station, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Never said it was any different. I am just contering Deus' claim that the callers control the content on WEEI and I say the screeners do (actually the host does with his set up of the segment and the screeners follow suit).

I never said it will be any different with the new station. It looks like Felger and Mazz are open to expanding what they will accept including Felger bashers calling to bash Felger. Whether it continues will have to be seen.

I don't recall saying I wouldn't listen. How else could I argue with you down the road. Unlike you I don't repeatedly bash things I claim I haven't listened to in years. Rather I predicted failure based on the talent...or lack thereof.

I said I hadn't listened to WEEI in months, not years. I do and will continue to listen to WEEI for certain segments and days like Patriots' Monday and Friday.

Well, if you listen to the station eventhough you hate it, how is it going to fail if even people who hate the show and callers listen to it anyway. That is why WEEI has been so successful is because people who hate them still listen to them because there has been no legitimate alternative. We will have to wait to see if they will have real competition in a few months.

For me F & M were good. I would rather listen to those two than anyone on EEI. The internet feed is good and the radio signal is excellent. I'm going to listen to this station for awhile and give it a chance.

Never said it was any different. I am just contering Deus' claim that the callers control the content on WEEI and I say the screeners do (actually the host does with his set up of the segment and the screeners follow suit).

I never said it will be any different with the new station. It looks like Felger and Mazz are open to expanding what they will accept including Felger bashers calling to bash Felger. Whether it continues will have to be seen.

1.) I AM Deus.... ;)

2.) I didn't say that callers control the content:

Guide is not the same as control.

1.) I AM Deus.... ;)

2.) I didn't say that callers control the content:

Guide is not the same as control.

Sorry, I get dyslexic when it comes to two vowels together at times.

As for the guides/control argument, my point is the same. The screener controls the callers and the host controls the types of callers the screener lets through as far as content. So the screener controls and guides the content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes