PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lockout Over? Seems to be the Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think that league had regulations regarding ticket prices.

Looks like BB's conditioning run is going to more important than ever. I can see some veteran getting cut because he shows up out of shape. BB doesn't have time with this new (outrageous) training camp schedule.

I can't believe they are allowed to charge full price for the 1st pre-season game .... what a joke that game will be.

I can't believe they are allowed to charge full price for the 1st pre-season game .... what a joke that game will be.
All 4 of the preseason games are a joke, so why should this year be any different?

This lockout is far from a NFL fan's "worst nightmare." Since it didn't impact the regular season, no one is going to care about or remember this lockout in the long run. It will be remembered as little more than a minor, inconsequential blip.

It remains to be seen if this will have any impact on the regular season or not. If players are unable to play to the heights we are accustomed to, then. I would argue that this lockout did have an impact on the regular season. We just won't know for a while.

All 4 of the preseason games are a joke, so why should this year be any different?

I guess it depends on your perspective. As a season ticket holder who is forced to pay full price to watch glorified scrimages yes it is a joke.

From a football perspective scrimages are needed, maybe not 4 but definitely 2-3. And I'm sure the games are not a joke to the players on the roster bubble (46-60) those games are the difference between being an NFL player or an insurance agent. :D

Last edited:
Get ready for 90,000 hamstring injuries that first weekend.

Yeah I think there's some definite potential for this, which is why people who say a full off-season of missed workouts don't matter are clueless. Not a believer in the honor system when it comes to conditioning/training.

preseason games are a lot like premature ejaculations with a high priced hooker...you don't get much out of them and you end up feeling like YOU have been f*cked...

I won't go to one BUT...yes, I will watch...probably every minute of every game..:bricks:

Updating a previous item, Drew Brees' email to teammates reportedly outlined a timetable that would have full free agency beginning at noon ET Tuesday.
"It now looks like ... it will be open free agency," said Brees. "There will be no 3 day grace period for teams to sign their own players. It will be open for anyone to sign anywhere." Brees' timetable contradicts everything we've seen elsewhere, so we'd caution not to accept it as gospel truth. The absence of a three-day exclusive window would change the entire landscape of free agency, of course, creating even more of an Oklahoma Sooner land-grab feel.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/591/drew-brees

Last edited:
The question is when will free agency begin for or own, for UDFA's and for players from other teams. Logically, I am with Brees. If the players agree tomorrow, free agency for our own should begin Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes