PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lloyd being Lloyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moss will always be that #1..That 2007 year was something else..but this guy is going to be amazing
I would be pleased beyond recognition if Lloyd put up 75% of what Moss did in 2007.

1120 yards 74 catches 15.1 YPC 17 TD's

Goes to show you how ridiculous Moss' 2007 season was when those numbers would probably put you in the Pro-Bowl.

I know He usually matches vs. Welker but: Anyone think Lloyd will make a circus TD on Revis Island this year??

I know He usually matches vs. Welker but: Anyone think Lloyd will make a circus TD on Revis Island this year??
Probably not. Revis will be holding Lloyd with a Safety in support. ;)

Last edited:
OK, from this point on there's really no excuse for any single Ll's to appear in any Brandon Lloyd post.

This is going to make Llllama a very confusing word.

Now don't you start treating a double ll as two single ll's. If we start down that path, then when I quote you I'll have to tallk about Llllllllamas.

Nah, Rex will outthink himself and put Revis on Welker and Cromartie on Lloyd. And despite the average Jets fan's line of thinking ("Lloyd is a deep threat, Cromartie shuts down deep threats"), Lloyd's quick feet are going to absolutely destroy Cromartie. Cromartie shut down Moss because he always knew Moss was going to run down the field. Now, the Patriots have a guy who can run down the field, stop on the dime, and then go in any given direction. Poor Cromartie.

Here is a highlight video of Tom hitting Lloyd deep at todays practice. Good stuff. M4H02654 - YouTube

o-face.jpg

Have to admit, Im kind of pleased with Llyod so far. But like Brady says, training doesn't match the intensity of a real game.

Tom Brady Discusses Patriots Camp

But I do respect TB's take on Llyod. Seems like he is getting involved. Thats so important to hear. I agree the plays are a little different. This seems to be working out.

Brady Praises Lloyd at Patriots Camp

Has anyone heard how Gaffney is doing ?

Last edited:

I think we have found a way to make the Wellsh llanguage even of a challllenge...

sign.jpg

(And I mean no offense to any Wellshmen among us...)

Last edited:
Has anyone heard how Gaffney is doing ?

He supposedly looked good on day 1 and one report mentioned that it was as if he had never left in terms of his chemistry with Brady.

Nice to see our guys baited so badly by the play action.

lol, Im sure we took note of that. We did the same play on the cardinals in 2009.

Last edited:
One of the worst posts ever made here.

Go back and watch our last few possessions. The possession before we got backed up and came out five wide the line was doing a great job firing off and creating room for the backs to work with. Passing plays...not so much. Solder was being abused for much of the fourth quarter (more specifically the last half, when the run was abandoned), and waters couldn't help him. There was a decent push up the middle against our injured left guard. This was all moot until BO'B essentially abandoned the run (ball security questions?). At some point you have to let them earn the pay check, why pay the backs to watch from the side line? Knowing you I will get the same sentence with wr replacing rb... and to that, ocho was ocho, branch was ineffective at best, gronk was understandably a few steps slow, and the short game/middle of the field were receiving incredible attention.

What percentage of drop backs on the last two possessions did Brady have to avoid the rush coming from the right side?

Your holier than thou attitude would be much easier to digest if you didn't resort to condescending dismissal and unnecessary belittling so consistently. Tell me wise one, which controllable factor would you point to as the main contributor to the loss? Sure the turnover battle went against us. Poor decision from one of the best decision makers in NFL history cost us two points, but certain things seemed to be working for the line while others didn't. I'd put good money on Prof. Dante agreeing with this evaluation.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
...Poor decision from one of the best decision makers in NFL history cost us two points...

You started off by pinning that on O'Brien, now it's a poor decision by Brady. You've just made my point about your post.

I'm not sure who bit on the play fake more, the camera man or the entire secondary.

Always good to see devin trailing a long touchdown reception. God I want him to be good hope he has a rebound year. But like any of these clips positive is great to see Brady hitting Lloyd long

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST