PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lloyd being Lloyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus Bill O'Brien, not ("The Lloyd Whisperer") Josh McDaniels was the OC last year.
O'Brien would have ripped Lloyd a new a-hole on the sideline.

During prime time.

When the Sisters of the Poor were saying rosary behind the bench.

You said what I've been afraid to day dream out loud.

Randy may have had the foot speed but Lloyd has plenty of game speed (gained by devastating dekes) and tremendous at adjusting to a ball that is off. He goes THROUGH corners to get the ball. He's like Gumby. He's like an amoeba that surrounds the corner and consumes the corner's body to use as his launching pad. He smothers corners with his smarts. The corners have to be like Revis to even have a chance.

Speaking of which I am looking forward to his matchups with Revis because if you keep Revis locked up outside the numbers he can't help with a pesky Welker or Gronkandez. If they put Cromagnon on him then he will consume the half-human.

Has anybody seen him interviewed? He's a very nice kid, very fun to listen to, interesting, open, very funny, a natural comedian. It's hard to imagine him causing diva problems in NE.

http://gifsoup.com/

This place should be renamed sunshine.com

Holy hyperbowl

The Pats were in deep need of an outside WR last year. The Pats offense was due to run into a defense that was smart enough to play short zone on all their little route offense

Remind me again what it cost the Rams to get Lloyd last year? What was it? Oh yea.....a conditional 6th rounder. WTF

The Pats ****ed up.

It's O.K to criticize the team ya know.....Kraft isn't going to ban you from buying more Patriot feet P.J's

What a disaster.

13-3, HFA throughout the playoffs, an 8 point lead going into the 4th quarter in the SB. Without 3 lucky bounce fumble recoveries by the Giants, a 1 in 100 Welker drop, and Gronkle, you're scrambling to buy 3 Games to Glory IV.

The FO cost them a championship? What FO is as infallible as you expect? You know even Brady through a few interceptions last year. What perfect world do you live in? The more unforgivable mistake the FO made was jettisoning James Sanders for nothing.

But thanks for laughs. You can go back to your cartoonish Strato-Matic Football game now. :D

Last edited:
This place should be renamed sunshine.com

You're making the same lousy arguments that were dealt with before. Why would you expect something other than the same sort of responses?

So......

Your saying the Giants could have played the same scheme with Lloyd on the field?

Not buying it.....Sorry

Yes that's exactly what i said :bricks:

You know what lost the SB for them?

-Welker Catch
-Gronk Ankle
-Fumbles
-Giants were a good team
ect
ect
ect

The pats made the SB without a deep threat and could have won without a deep threat.

You know for sure Lloyd would have made them win the SB?

I'll come back later to bump this thread saying I told you so

About what?

Lloyd's still not going to be the best receiver Brady's ever had, and he's still not going to be the reason the Patriots didn't win the Super Bowl.

When they go back and time, trade for Lloyd, and then win the Super Bowl?

I'll take hands over speed any day. With speed you have what 1 out of 5 WR routes designed that really take advantage of it? Then once you get that hard sought 3 yds of separation the QB then needs to make a near perfect throw 40+ yards downfield to keep that split second advantage - which happens what, about 1 out of 5 throws? Of course, it's of thing of beauty when it happens, and the fear of being torched keeps DBs sweating at night. But most of time the routes aren't perfect, the separation is minimal and the throw is a bit off. That's when I want the guys with hands who can snatch it anytime they can adjust to touch it.

When they go back and time, trade for Lloyd, and then win the Super Bowl?

Lloyd is going to be so good in this offense that only a fool would think he wouldn't have made the difference in a win

Lloyd is going to be so good in this offense that only a fool would think he wouldn't have made the difference in a win

I think we all know who the fool is

:bricks:

If Lloyd catches 50 touchdowns, that's still not going to mean he was the difference in last year's Super Bowl.

I'm like......O.....that's why Nasty move
Lordy help the defenders. I'm glad you capitalized Nasty because I want to say it's about the nastisest NASTY move I can remember.

It reminded me of a Barry Sanders move. Barry had this thing of stopping, and then restarting while his pursuer was still trying to stop. That move would work on, oh, maybe 100 out of 100 tries.

BTW, that was a piss poor ball by Bradford. Terrible. That's a 60 yard TD come September.

And that was on a team with no Gronkandez.

Maybe his 40 time is uninspired but game speed has to be there because he gets behind guys too often.

At first all I heard was "He's not a true deep threat" but that probably was double speak for, "He can't just run straight past Darelle Revis." I mean who can? But the guy gets behind people like with that double move he put on McCourty the other day. He gets them all twisted into knots and gets past them with smart moves. He's the kind of guy who might have a few years left in him since his foot speed doesn't really contribute to that type of play.

Guess Revis won't be covering Welker anymore.

This is a great example of how he adjusts. Has anybody ever seen a guy adjust like that, including defenders? Because if a defender can't adjust like that then he's plain screwed. I mean even Tim Tebow could connect with this guy because he eats up bad balls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey