PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lloyd being Lloyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lloyd was my #1 free agent target because I felt he would be a perfect fit. He hasn't disappointed yet, but it is only day 3 of training camp. I am not ready to make him a 1,300 yard plus receiver just yet.

With what we have on offense already, Brandon will be a real Lload for our opponents to handle.

With what we have on offense already, Brandon will be a real Lload for our opponents to handle.

Ah, I see what you did there. Well played.

Last edited:
whoever said Lloyd is the best receiver brady has had, I disagree...Moss in 07 still holds that title...HOWEVER, this offense has the potential to be just as devastating or even more so than the 2007 one..

Gaffney/Hern/Gronk/lloyd, or substitute any of those players with any of welker , stallworth, branch etc.

consider that we made the superbowl with undersized old branch last year as our #2 WR and now hes 4th/5th on the depth chart is pretty scary to think about. and you still have Gronk/Hernandez as well as woodhead who can be dynamic as a pass catcher.

whoever said Lloyd is the best receiver brady has had, I disagree...Moss in 07 still holds that title...HOWEVER, this offense has the potential to be just as devastating or even more so than the 2007 one..

Gaffney/Hern/Gronk/lloyd, or substitute any of those players with any of welker , stallworth, branch etc.

consider that we made the superbowl with undersized old branch last year as our #2 WR and now hes 4th/5th on the depth chart is pretty scary to think about. and you still have Gronk/Hernandez as well as woodhead who can be dynamic as a pass catcher.

This discussion is a matter of preference.

You could make a strong arguement that based on pure talent, besides Moss She-rry Glenn was the best receiver TB ever threw to.

Troy Brown was incredible in 2001. I think some people have forgetten about that.

Branch is not the same receiver he was in 2004. His knees are shot and he is getting by on experience.

Overall, based on his level or production how Welker isn't #1 is beyond me.

Last edited:
Camp Observations: Day 4 - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Lloyd continues to shine. Receiver Brandon Lloyd has been arguably the top performer for the Patriots in training camp thus far, continuing to stretch the field and catch everything thrown his way. Here’s an opinion on what makes Lloyd unique, beyond his obviously strong hands. Lloyd is an extremely efficient strider -- there’s no lost steps in his routes. He sinks his hips in and out of breaks, and has exceptional ability to keep his weight underneath him -- he rarely finds himself off balance. As a route runner, Lloyd seems to keep the details on his mind at all times. We don’t know the exact assignment he’s drawn on every play, but it sure looks like he makes it to the right spot on every drill -- a 10-yard out means a 10-yard out, not 9.5. The results have been evident: Lloyd toasted the secondary for deep receptions on at least two occasions on Sunday.

Pretty much sums up what I have been saying about this guy

What a perfect fit for this offense

Camp Observations: Day 4 - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Lloyd continues to shine. Receiver Brandon Lloyd has been arguably the top performer for the Patriots in training camp thus far, continuing to stretch the field and catch everything thrown his way. Here’s an opinion on what makes Lloyd unique, beyond his obviously strong hands. Lloyd is an extremely efficient strider -- there’s no lost steps in his routes. He sinks his hips in and out of breaks, and has exceptional ability to keep his weight underneath him -- he rarely finds himself off balance. As a route runner, Lloyd seems to keep the details on his mind at all times. We don’t know the exact assignment he’s drawn on every play, but it sure looks like he makes it to the right spot on every drill -- a 10-yard out means a 10-yard out, not 9.5. The results have been evident: Lloyd toasted the secondary for deep receptions on at least two occasions on Sunday.

Pretty much sums up what I have been saying about this guy

What a perfect fit for this offense

I am giddy over this guy.

It still doesn't compute though. I've read all the crap that went on in SF and WAS. 5 teams in 9 years....Dreading the day the reasons we are wondering why actually surface.

Moss will always be that #1..That 2007 year was something else..but this guy is going to be amazing

I am giddy over this guy.

It still doesn't compute though. I've read all the crap that went on in SF and WAS. 5 teams in 9 years....Dreading the day the reasons we are wondering why actually surface.
Not sure how that stuff is relevant now. Lloyd has never had any problems playing for McDaniels.

Not sure how that stuff is relevant now. Lloyd has never had any problems playing for McDaniels.

I agree. Not relevent whatsoever. Just a concern that I will have with this guy and the fact that hes bounced around a few times before coming here.

His work history tells me that that without knowing anything about him or his situations, he wears out his welcome.

he wears out his welcome.
Good way to put it. I'd like to know the whole story but I'm too lazy to do the work. I'll go on a couple of interviews with him that left me really liking him. Like much more personable and open than Randy. He seemed to be a genuine kind of guy who is not afraid to speak his mind (which may have been the problem at times.) But he's quite intelligent so to me he knows when he should know when he's being mishandled. With his intelligence he should easily figure out how good he has it here compared to his Orton daze.

Really expect nothing but good stuff from the kid. He loves Josh. He's going to love Tom and love winning. I think it's a great situation for everybody.

Here is a highlight video of Tom hitting Lloyd deep at todays practice. Good stuff. M4H02654 - YouTube

I agree. Not relevent whatsoever. Just a concern that I will have with this guy and the fact that hes bounced around a few times before coming here.

His work history tells me that that without knowing anything about him or his situations, he wears out his welcome.

He hasn't been on a winning team since 2003 with his teams winning about 30% of their games....Winning might fix that........

OK, from this point on there's really no excuse for any single Ll's to appear in any Brandon Lloyd post.

.....Llol

Okay, I jumped the shark with that one;)

Offseason. No such thing.

I'd make a David Lloyd George joke here but everybody wouLld think it was about the guy in CuLlture CLlub.

*cough* *cough* lloll :)

facepalm.jpg

Totall facepallm.

Offseason. No such thing.

I'd make a David Lloyd George joke here but everybody wouLld think it was about the guy in CuLlture CLlub.

So William Lloyd Garrison and Andrew Lloyd Webber wallked into a bar...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back